BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If he aint gonna sign a contract here come and get him - the sooner the better I guess!

They've just got £45m+ for Raphinha too I believe

No surprised tom see Leeds want him and I think how Leeds play will suit his game. maybe Leeds might offer us Cody Drameh as part of the deal. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Had the page open all day but been flat out at work so basically not really read much. 

Assuming, nothing has happened all day (as per the norm)?

Correct…if it comes to Friday and we’ve not signed anyone then I’ll be more on the side of “what the F is going on!”

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Theaxe15 said:

We’re probably best off not selling BBD at this rate. £20million doesn't matter if you’re incapable of buying any players with it

If he signs a contract extension I agree, but there's no chance he's gonna do that.

£20m will massively help us on the FFP side of things, and I like to imagine at least some of that will be made available to reinvest in the squad.

The money is of way more value to us than keeping him whilst he runs down his contract, plus he could revert back to plain old Brereton anytime.

Take their money and run.

Edited by TheRevAshton
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

If he signs a contract extension I agree, but there's no chance he's gonna do that.

£20m will massively help us on the FFP side of things, and I like to imagine at least some of that will be made available to reinvest in the squad.

The money is of way more value to us than keeping him whilst he runs down his contract, plus he could revert back to plain old Brereton anytime.

Completely agree. I was more being facetious at the fact we don’t seem to be able to make signings in general.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheRevAshton said:

If he aint gonna sign a contract here come and get him - the sooner the better I guess!

They've just got £45m+ for Raphinha too I believe

Also got £40m+ for Phillips but they have already spent about 90 million on transfers themselves have Leeds. 

44 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

Why would you imagine that? We spent next to none of the Rhodes and Armstrong windfalls. Nor Gestede, Cairney or Raya cash. 

It all went into the "running costs" pot whilst the first team was left to rebuild on a shoestring.

Absolutely no reason to think any Brereton cash would end up in the transfer pot and even if it did the timescales would probably prevent us spending it wisely.

As for "FFP side of things" within the last 12 months we've:

A) Sold Armstrong for a £10 million+ profit

B) Sold the training ground out of Club ownership 

C) Demolished the squad and wage bill

Despite all that still spending nothing, relying on loans and unable to secure key players to new deals.

Doubt a Brereton sale will make an ounce of difference on that front. They'll just wheel Waggott out with some fancy terminology for the local press to tell us how it will help in next years figures and how we've a good budget (that will never be spent).

Meanwhile the key point is we lose another senior player and his goals and replace with cheaper and inferior.

It's operation downscale in full flow just like 2016 all over again.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, AJW said:

You saying boycotters would return In their droves at that price ? 

There would be no ‘droves’ to start with.

You honestly think there are thousands, not hundreds, not dozens, but thousands of folk still ‘boycotting’ because of the owners and will return the day they leave?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not really thought that through have you.

Oh do enlighten me. What with you having said we would be in the middle for attendances and me presenting the fact we were third, I'm curious how you think I'm the one who hasn't thought this through.

3 hours ago, booth said:

They've spent millions in the past, but I don't think the issue right now is spending millions of quid - a couple of hundred grand seems like a stretch for Rovers at the moment thanks to FFP.

How the hell is a club supposed to attract fans back to the stadium if they can't invest in the product?

We have the fit & proper rule to make sure that only the very worst owners take over football clubs, and FFP to make sure we stay where we fall.

Is it thanks to FFP? They wouldn't spend £2m on the pitch which was an exempt expense.

2 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

But surely you see that this is because they can't? Or are being told by Waggott and Pasha that they can't.

Until FFP is scrapped, and our crowds remain as they are, we'll be spending the same as others who get our crowd level. Fuck all.

But whether they can't, which is down to interpretation. Would they anyway? Based on what?

3 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Can't really speak for others, but I think most who bring up FFP do so because it means Venkys wouldn't be allowed to spend much more than they do, even if they wanted to. 

Many seem to imply that they would if they could, that is what I question.

Berget seems another rumour that has nothing to it based on previous links from the manager. Didn't really excite me, although it does seem with him and the other Malmo player (who I am sure was off the back of a jokey make something up type post) that Rich Sharpe in the absence of genuine links read on here and based his links from that.

Slow, very slow, the season only 2 and a half weeks away.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Theaxe15 said:

Completely agree. I was more being facetious at the fact we don’t seem to be able to make signings in general.

Didn't realise you were being facetious, thought you made a perfectly  good point first time around.

As a supporter my first concern is performance on the pitch not plenty of money in the bank. If the relatively recent imposed wage budget isn't competitive enough to attract established Championship players or Waggott and /or Pasha are blocking transfer activity at every turn then a Brereton sale isn't going to change that necessarily.

For me, get a few quality additions in, take the pressure off, and then and only then maybe we could countenance a potential BBD sale.

Could you imagine the current squad minus BBD? It'd be absolute carnage!!

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No just be patience

Be patience itself! 

Wow🤯 that's some deep Bruce Lee shit

Please throw some of this philosophical headfkery Waggots way when you go for afternoon tea together

Om shanti shanti shanti 🙏

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 5