BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

41 minutes ago, Andy said:

Just caught up on the last few pages and, out of everything, I genuinely can’t my head around someone describing Shane Long as a 15+ goal striker.

😬

He has definitely scored 15+ goals in his career...I think.

Can we include International goals?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Agree on Van Hecke not returning, but why would you spunk the whole budget on two players (one of them just a loan) when we need 6+?

davies is a good  defender at this level and birmancevic is extremely good and will end up playing for a top club in europe,we could treble our money on him in 2 seasons,all about ambition though innit😒

8 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

Wow this transfer thread is the worst ever! 😂

199 pages of pure garbage with zero content! 

What else do you expect when we’ve not signed a player? We’ve all been slowly going mad for the last few weeks! 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

davies is a good  defender at this level and birmancevic is extremely good and will end up playing for a top club in europe,we could treble our money on him in 2 seasons,all about ambition though innit😒

Or we could get relegated by having too thin a squad. No issue with signing them (though I'd prefer permanent to an expensive loan) but we have to work within our budget to get the squad depth to an acceptable level. The size of the budget is how we measure the sign of ambition.

Have Boro sold one of their CBs? I was under the impression they were already pretty well stocked there before they signed Lenihan, I was surprised to see them linked with another CB who probably won't come cheap.

5 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Or we could get relegated by having too thin a squad. No issue with signing them (though I'd prefer permanent to an expensive loan) but we have to work within our budget to get the squad depth to an acceptable level. The size of the budget is how we measure the sign of ambition.

i don`t think we`ll go down even if we  sign nobody,it would just be a **** season in the lower half of the table,there are at least 5 or 6 teams that are in serious trouble already player wise,our angry neighbours pne being one of them,if you think our squad is thin,theirs is anorexic

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i don`t think we`ll go down even if we  sign nobody,it would just be a **** season in the lower half of the table,there are at least 5 or 6 teams that are in serious trouble already player wise,our angry neighbours pne being one of them,if you think our squad is thin,theirs is anorexic

Well you're more optimistic than I am. I'm sure those clubs intend to sign players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The football pyramid is broken, sadly.

Look at Phillips - talk that Spurs are going to strong arm us and sign him on the cheap. Just to hoard the talent because he's 2-3 years away from every appearing in their first team (and that's IF he's as exceptional as they say he is). 

Ye but pot and kettle, we do it on a smaller scale right down to under frickin 5s or something, we just do it to your Rochdale and Accys

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/sources-late-interest-emerges-as-middlesbrough-look-to-strike-deal-for-ex-blackburn-rovers-man/

Two French clubs looking to hijack Nyambe's move to Boro. I'd certainly prefer he moved leagues, strengthening a rival for free with one (or two in Boro's case) of our academy products is particularly galling.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Think we can kiss the idea of signing Birmancevic goodbye unless we sell Diaz soon.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Ye but pot and kettle, we do it on a smaller scale right down to under frickin 5s or something, we just do it to your Rochdale and Accys

True but at under 5s there isn't anything even vaguely resembling a guarantee that the player is as good as they seem, and they haven't put in that much work into developing them yet. Phillips on the other hand is on the verge of our first team at 17 and we have developed him for years.

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

True but at under 5s there isn't anything even vaguely resembling a guarantee that the player is as good as they seem, and they haven't put in that much work into developing them yet. Phillips on the other hand is on the verge of our first team at 17 and we have developed him for years.

I know but you catch my drift 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Have you never heard of leasing brand new audi or BMW like 50k car for fuck all lease payments?  You are just funding the depreciation on Liverpools books...if we bought someone permanent for 2m it would.not be as beneficial in terms of risk.

Our lease payments in this case aren't fuck all. A million is more than Liverpool actually paid for the player so not sure about it funding depreciation in this case. As for someone permanent at 2 million being less beneficial in terms of risk, that entirely depends on the player. That's 2/3 of the cost of the highly-rated lad we lost out on to Sheff U. Be mad to go from owning a 23 year old to having someone in for just a year instead and not costing much less.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Our lease payments in this case aren't fuck all.

We don't know what the payments are but his purchase price to Liverpool is irrelevant.  Its his market value and probably that's 20m....so the payments of 1-2m per annum will be reasonable.  When I say fuck all, I am talking relatively,  I'd have thought that was obvious. 

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

We don't know what the payments are but his purchase price to Liverpool is irrelevant.  Its his market value and probably that's 20m....so the payments of 1-2m per annum will be reasonable.  When I say fuck all, I am talking relatively,  I'd have thought that was obvious. 

I'm talking relatively too. 1 million plus wages to borrow a player who sold for 500k two seasons ago, didn't play at all in that first season, then was loaned back to this level where he made 23 appearances for Sheff U is relatively bloody high. It's like paying 100k up front for that 50k BMW. His market value absolutely certainly isn't anything like 20 million, I dunno where you get that notion. He wouldn't be getting loaned down to the Championship for the second year running at age 26 if that were the case.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i think it will all kick off transfer wise this friday,multiple incomings and diaz outgoing, i cannot believe that jdt,respected former player and manager will go into the season with a squad this skinny

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Diaz going IF not signing a new deal.

wheres the bids? And has Diaz been offered a new deal?

leeds and west ham interested,no idea if he`s been offered a new deal,the value is to flog him now,he might turn back into brereton next season or at the very worst,leave for nothing next year,though it would be typical of the behind the scenes shambles we have at ewood to spend 7 million on someone then let him walk away for nout

Here's Shane Long's stats.

There's no doubt he runs a lot and is probably a nice lad, but in terms of scoring goals, he's always been absolutely horrific.

Most defenders score more.

We'd not just be scraping the barrel if we'd signed him, we might as well re-sign Simon Garner and play him up top instead - £10 bet on him scoring more over the season than Long.

Screenshot 2022-07-12 at 20.24.44.png

• Like 3