BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Think GB should at least give updates now & again via LT at least ….thing is they like it like that as I know they had a inquest on how a certain reporter manages to get names which they don’t want out there … good luck with that many have tried before & failed miserably……

Ask the coach for any updates on recruitment  and he says ask GB but I know they are working hard bla bla … feel for the local reporters really ….

Edited by unleaded
  • Like 4

Just now, unleaded said:

Think GB should at least give updates now & again via LT at least ….thing is they like it like that as I know they had a inquest on how a certain reporter manages to get names which they don’t want out there … good luck with that many have tried before & failed miserably……Ask the coach for any updates on recruitment  and he says ask GB butt I know they are working hard bla bla … feel for the local reporters really ….

Any new rumours or info? Anything we can chat about lol

Anything in ethan ampadu on loan? 

42 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

He himself said he would update us fans the minute he had had conversations with Nyambe etc.

We've heard sweet FA.

Don't promise the fans something and not deliver on it.

Perhaps he hasn't had a conversation with Nyambe.

57 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

We have never managed to get into the top 6 in over 10 years even in years without the additional provision of downplaying the importance of the first 7 games. Obviously it wouldnt be terminal but it would be a huge dent in any aspirations should we start slowly.

A lof of focus is now on Broughton, with Tomasson not yet receiving any criticism because he is not seemingly the key in terms of recruitment and also because of the good feeling following his appointment. Many in the past have been blamed heavily including Waggott and Mowbray like Broughton is starting to now and I certainly would say that they all will have warranted criticism to an extent but the underpinning reason for the constant snails pace decision making lies in India.

I don't know what you mean by your statement in bold.

3 hours ago, Mercer said:

With the transfer window open and new to the job, Broughton should be putting in at least 60 hour shifts every week.  If he cannot find 20 minutes (0.5% of his time) to sit down with the local reporter once a week over a cup of tea then I think it's a p1ss poor effort.

There has to be a reason why we aren't making signings.  We don't need to be told about targets we've missed or the next targets in line.  However, if it's for financial reasons (wages, fees or both) we are missing out then the fans should be told.  Fans themselves have decisions to make, buy a Rovers' season ticket, take the kids away on holiday, put food on the table, turn on the heating.  Openness, honesty and transparency are needed.

IMO, to say nothing is not acceptable and there are simply no excuses.

With respect, that’s nonsense. As a commercial endeavour, BRFC is a product with an addressable market. Communicating the offering is a marketing job. Fans are owed communication by those responsible for comms. That isn’t Broughton’s remit.

I think it’s bad practice to put the message out that we’re brassic to the market he’s addressing, which is players and their agents. Why turn them off from a conversation at all? I’d be alarmed if we were being entirely transparent with our approach to the transfer market, it doesn’t make sense to be when it’s so competitive and conplicated.

I think he has to be left to execute and judged at the end of a complete cycle, which is a season. Once we get into talk of 4 or 5 windows, I’d be very concerned on the execution front.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Come on.

Your own question is answering it.

When has Waggott ever done anything?

Every time I read the fans forum minutes it's just Waggott saying "I'll look into it"

What's he actually done?

Tried to sell Brockhall, allegedly backstabbed Mowbray, messed up the recruitment of our manager, cut costs completely, didn't allow us to reinvest any of the Armstrong money. 

Messed up contract renewals, if someone says 3 of our players were being greedy and it's not Waggots fault is kidding themselves.

I love this theory that waggot back stabbed Mowbray just where is this suggestion coming from? Mowbray did his own players the club and the fans!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Its was about 16 months ago when Mowbray press conference post Reading game was very strange and hinting that he was going to be replace by a change of manager with a different style. Then several different posters on here were hearing reports/rumours that Mowbray would be replace

I remember that game and his interview on Sky after it, looked like a man who’d had enough and was literally asking to be sacked. Really strange he stayed in the job at the end of that season.

• Like 3

GB got the poison chalice. Desperate need for players. Tight owners. Glacial speed board. Players walking or about to walk. Not a ton of money available. Oh and the season starts week after next.

He needs this pinning to his door "The difficult I do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer".

Give the guy a break. If he can work his way though this mess then he can walk on water.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

What has GB actually failed at ? As far as I can see he hasnt because we only have seen rumour and speculation without concrete evidence

Well he's here and paid to lead recruitment. And we haven't recruited. We are in desperate need of recruitment and have been all summer. Season starts in 12 days, not September.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Butty said:

I remember that game and his interview on Sky after it, looked like a man who’d had enough and was literally asking to be sacked. Really strange he stayed in the job at the end of that season.

Yes I remember that interview and its was basically calling out people. 

18 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Well he's here and paid to lead recruitment. And we haven't recruited. We are in desperate need of recruitment and have been all summer. Season starts in 12 days, not September.

and the transfer window isn't close yet. We need 5 or 6 signings but we need to make sure these are the right signings and we get the players we want

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon saying Rangers are close to an agreement for Davies 

no surprised he going there now. 

Stokes Tommy Smith (30) and Huddersfields Naby Sarr (28) a right back and a centre half available on a free

Tommy Smith has played alot of games in the premier league and the championship, knows how to get promoted and Naby Sarr has two good seasons with Hudds... ...

Edited by neophox
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, neophox said:

Stokes Tommy Smith (30) and Huddersfields Naby Sarr (28) a right back and a centre half available on a free

Tommy Smith has played alot of games in the premier league and the championship, knows how to get promoted and Naby Sarr has two good seasons with Hudds... ...

Isn't Tommy Smith on trial at Boro?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JHRover said:

And how do you know exactly what work he has of hasn’t been doing in his time so far ? 
I agree time is short but there is no panic to be had if you ask me. It looks like we were more than comfortable yesterday against a string Celtic set up who have spent a few Bob and who play champs league football as well as the fact they would wipe the floor with the majority of championship clubs. 
I don’t think any rovers fan expects immediate promotion this coming season so before mar panic sets in along with sun stroke a few members need to calm own and slip slap slop😅😅

Davies! Let’s see Champions league or championship ? Of course he will favour rangers not only for champs league football but for silverware in a two horse race. Rangers don’t offer stupid money salary wise so it’s clearly a more attractive option for him

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Re-open negotiations with Nyambe: failed

Re-open negotiations with Diaz: no chance.

Recruit A list centre back:failed

Recruit B list centre back: failed. 

Hire somebody else who can take the flak for failed recruitment: Almost there.

Just another transfer window at BRFC.

Nyambe agent came back not the club!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Davies! Let’s see Champions league or championship ? Of course he will favour rangers not only for champs league football but for silverware in a two horse race. Rangers don’t offer stupid money salary wise so it’s clearly a more attractive option for him

Well let's stop going for stupidly unrealistic transfers? 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes I remember that interview and its was basically calling out people. 

and the transfer window isn't close yet. We need 5 or 6 signings but we need to make sure these are the right signings and we get the players we want

no surprised he going there now. 

Chaddy said that last sentence in a Glaswegian accent 

• Like 2