BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

30 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Davies! Let’s see Champions league or championship ? Of course he will favour rangers not only for champs league football but for silverware in a two horse race. Rangers don’t offer stupid money salary wise so it’s clearly a more attractive option for him

Yeah no shit, he’s obviously going to pick them over us no one would even bother to argue that. Just another target down the shit pan and the clock is ticking…

• Like 1

Just now, Butty said:

Yeah no shit, he’s obviously going to pick them over us no one would even bother to argue that. Just another target down the shit pan and the clock is ticking…

Butty you are not looking at this the right way it’s nothing to do with the club it’s the player who is choosing the next salary and club he wants to play for !

Its the same with any player who is surreptitiously linked to Ewood without any real foundation because as it stands there is not one definitive player who has been comprehensively linked to a potential transfer.

My last take in this before a pint of Cold Thatchers is that until Rovers announce anything it’s the right way to conduct business it is beyond comprehension that some think the LET can be the mouthpiece for q and a regarding Rovers business it’s a shite news paper across all aspects of BRFC

1 hour ago, Bethnal said:

With respect, that’s nonsense. As a commercial endeavour, BRFC is a product with an addressable market. Communicating the offering is a marketing job. Fans are owed communication by those responsible for comms. That isn’t Broughton’s remit.

I think it’s bad practice to put the message out that we’re brassic to the market he’s addressing, which is players and their agents. Why turn them off from a conversation at all? I’d be alarmed if we were being entirely transparent with our approach to the transfer market, it doesn’t make sense to be when it’s so competitive and conplicated.

I think he has to be left to execute and judged at the end of a complete cycle, which is a season. Once we get into talk of 4 or 5 windows, I’d be very concerned on the execution front.

Firstly, Broughton is not employed in a marketing capacity and I would not expect him to "communicate the offering" as you say.  However, three senior executives / managers who should communicate on a regular basis are Waggott, Broughton and JDT - any fan who does not either understand or believe that needs to give their head a serious wobble - lack of communication is a relationship killer (club and fans in this instance).

Who says we are borassic?  GB said we had a healthy budget - if he is lying then that is unforgivable.  If indeed we are 'skint' then the fans should be told that just like we were at times in the 1970's / 1980's then aspirations can be moderated and frustrations minimised.

Broughton's job started on day 1 and that's when judgement starts.  At the moment, as far as I can see, he has brought zilch to the party - time for him to either sh1t or get off the pot.

We should not make excuses for guys who are paid relative fortunes in comparison to the average fan.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

Missed Out FC is coming along nicely.

GK

RB      Anel    Davies    LB

CM   Hourihane

AM

RW            Colak      Cantwell

Keep up the good work, Swag, Middleman, Barry and Co. We're going to have a belting 11 put together before the window is up. What might have been, eh?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

GK

CM   Hourihane

AM

Keep up the good work, Swag, Middleman, Barry and Co. We're going to have a belting 11 put together before the window is up. What might have been, eh?

It still won't even be 1/8 as impressive as the Missed out 11 from Jack walkers years 😅 (and that's mainly in the seasons after we'd one the league) 

But it does feel like the players we've made serious moves for have just been humouring us and using us just to force the hand of other interested parties into making a move. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

GK

CM   Hourihane

AM

Cantwell hasn't gone anywhere 

Hourihane turning us down is bullshit

Apart from a couple on here saying they would like Colak has there been one legitimate link that we made an offer for him?

It's enough that we haven't brought anyone in yet.

We don't need to make things up to slag the club off when there are enough legitimate reasons to give the club grief over 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

GK

CM   Hourihane

AM

We may have asked about Davies - been told £4m, wages over £40k and then backed off straight away. We can't compete with wages and transfers fees on offer from other clubs.,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

It still won't even be 1/8 as impressive as the Missed out 11 from Jack walkers years 😅 (and that's mainly in the seasons after we'd one the league) 

True. I don't even want to attempt to put that 11 together. We didn't really want Zidane, is what I keep telling myself 😂.

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Cantwell hasn't gone anywhere 

Hourihane turning us down is bullshit

Apart from a couple on here saying they would like Colak has there been one legitimate link that we made an offer for him?

It's enough that we haven't brought anyone in yet.

We don't need to make things up to slag the club off when there are enough legitimate reasons to give the club grief over 

Hourihane turning us down has been backed up by an 'ITK' elsewhere. Mercer wasn't talking rubbish.

It says a lot about our so called project and how 'enticing' it is, for me.

Cantwell's wages are way out of our league, but it's a nice link to raise a bit of false hope.

4 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Hourihane turning us down has been backed up by an 'ITK' elsewhere. Mercer wasn't talking rubbish.

Cantwell's wages are way out of our league, but it's a nice link to raise a bit of false hope.

Am pretty sure Mercer didn’t actually say he turned Rovers down - let’s see £4k a week at first div derby or minimum £15k a week at Ewood!!

12 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I still call bullshit on Hourihane.Only a couple are genuine itk and even they get stuff wrong.

Even if (I don't believe it)Hourihane did turn us down says more about him going to play in league one rather  than testing himself at the highest level available to him and the decision most likely would have been due to playing time.He wouldn't get in ahead of Buckley alongside Travis imo.  

And as for Cantwell...you reckon the club contacted Nixon to put a story out to fool us stupid fans into thinking we are looking at decent players?

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Mercer wasn't talking rubbish.

I think he was when he stated "judgment begins on day one"!!  Proper Dickensian stuff that!!

And besides, isn't it true that the first thing GB did was approach JDT with the chance to be head coach here? I don't see that as a bad 1st box ticked so far, and probably the first bit of creative & progressive thing that's happened her since V's arrived!

Edited by Atko's Engine

16 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

We may have asked about Davies - been told £4m, wages over £40k and then backed off straight away. We can't compete with wages and transfers fees on offer from other clubs.,

i would have been against paying 4 million for him even if we could afford it,he`s not that good

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

True. I don't even want to attempt to put that 11 together. We didn't really want Zidane, is what I keep telling myself 😂.

Not just those huge international names though, plenty of solid premier league players I remember us making initial moves for but getting knocked back, players like Trevor Sinclaire, Dion Dublin, Mat Le Tiss... Off the top of my head, I'm sure if you where to go through the archives of the Lancashire evening telegraph from that era there was almost weekly stories of offers being made at times, I even remember us enquiring about Edmuno(or was it Bebeto🤔 one of those Brazilian greats from the 90s)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If we were serious about Davies then the deal Should have been done last week before Rangers sold Bassey for £20 million 

He's not worth £4m, that's an absurd price.

Rangers have been mugged there - Liverpool bought him for £1.6m and he never played a game for them. He's not suddenly become twice the player.

• Like 8

As had already been said signing hourihane would've gone completely against the model they apparently want to set up. Worryingly missing out on transfers is becoming all to regular. Surely they had an idea of what Davies wages were, before they enquired or whatever they did or didn't do. Again though if we're to believe they want to sign young players with potential value to then sell on. Davies wouldn't fit this ideology either. 

Edited by Danny O.Brien

I think that 12 months of not offering Lenihan a reflective wage will long term cost us, either by us having to pay someone more in wages and with a fee on top, or the replacement not being as good.

Davies was never going to happen, fee alone would of ruled us out,

I suspect some loan or 30 plus somebody will show up as the replacement, because at present none of the young players are as good as Lenihan and we are kidding ourselves to think otherwise

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's not worth £4m, that's an absurd price.

Rangers have been mugged there - Liverpool bought him for £1.6m and he never played a game for them. He's not suddenly become twice the player.

In todays market £4 million is nothing and when we look at fees for permanent signings across the piece its classed as cheap.

Sadly football fees are still on the rise, with very average players going for twice that.

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

I think that 12 months of not offering Lenihan a reflective wage will long term cost us, either by us having to pay someone more in wages and with a fee on top, or the replacement not being as good.

Davies was never going to happen, fee alone would of ruled us out,

I suspect some loan or 30 plus somebody will show up as the replacement, because at present none of the young players are as good as Lenihan and we are kidding ourselves to think otherwise

lenihan is a bog standard stopper,they are ten a penny,more concerned about losing nyambe tbh,pacey right back who could play centre back,he was very good there as well

• Like 4