BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

10 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Looking on twitter this morning, sources are saying that Styles is getting closer to signing to besiktas…hopefully it’s not true.

The same sources who have said there's been no contact between Rovers and Barnsley over Styles? It's not happening

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Is he? Based on what? 

You're right about the contract aspect though which is ultimately what will lower the fee.

16 goals in Serie A last season. IMO outweighs the 22 in the Championship.  Not sure I'd say it makes him FAR superior per the OP, but I view it as more impressive than BBD's haul. 

Would Waggot even genuinely know who Rovers are in for beyond just hearing possible names ?

Broughton, the recruitment team will be dealing with all that then probably going direct to Suhail and the finance men to get them signed off.

8 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

A few other pages are saying similar…could all be nonsense. 

1EE6B878-2417-4630-BA90-28D23D555053.png

I've done some checking, seems like all are referring to the same article, which claims Ismael want Styles and Besiktas is about to submit a 2.5 mill Euro bid this week.

7 minutes ago, briansol said:

I've done some checking, seems like all are referring to the same article, which claims Ismael want Styles and Besiktas is about to submit a 2.5 mill Euro bid this week.

Ismael played Styles LWB I seen an article which I posted on here that Besiktas already had one lined up a Turkish international 

9 minutes ago, briansol said:

Yeah that article says a whole lot of nothing.

I hope things have changed but I am worried that the window is likely to go the same way as previous years.

Lots of big talk and links to 'big' name players but then pipped to it by others, and we end up resorting to the last minute loan market as the easier option.

After we signed Brittain the local media were obviously tipped off that several more were imminent and led Sharpe to boldly announce things were hotting up and moving on transfers. 5 days on and it sounds like the annual Liverpool loan is on hold and Styles is likely to join Besiktas.

Don't get points or prizes for missing out.

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

I hope things have changed but I am worried that the window is likely to go the same way as previous years.

Lots of big talk and links to 'big' name players but then pipped to it by others, and we end up resorting to the last minute loan market as the easier option.

After we signed Brittain the local media were obviously tipped off that several more were imminent and led Sharpe to boldly announce things were hotting up and moving on transfers. 5 days on and it sounds like the annual Liverpool loan is on hold and Styles is likely to join Besiktas.

The Brittain deal was a couple of weeks in the pipeline according to the player himself.The first link in the media was by Nixon 24 hours later he put pen to paper. 

Styles hasnt gone anywhere either has Bowler.The media don't know how far along we are with any deals. 

Nothing to suggest Styles is "set to sign" for Besiktas either

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

A few other pages are saying similar…could all be nonsense. 

1EE6B878-2417-4630-BA90-28D23D555053.png

Looking at the Turkish League I was surprised to see Beskitas finish 6th last year.... Thought it was a closed shop between Gala, Beskitas and Fenebache but actually looks quite competitive with Trabzonspor winning last season, Gala finishing all the way down in 15th. Theres a club called Istannbul Basaksehir who have won the league recently also and regularly finish in the European places. Seems quite topsy turvy. 

It's a straw to cling to that Beskitas do not currently have european football, and is not guaranteed to get it in future (even if they won the league year before last)... but it's hard to see - even putting money to one side - how Championship football is really going to compete with one of the Turkish giants.

Edit - for what it's worth that his ex-manager is there at Beskitas, obviously he highly rates him, and he will be very cheap I will be surprised if they don't bid for him. And if they bid for him they will defo get him over us imo.

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If styles was this exciting prospect as Waggot told Glenn then we should be putting all stops out to get him in! 

We need the Liverpool lad sorted this week, along with 1 more signing, ideally Styles or Bowler.

Midfield or LB/LWB IMO is the key area at the moment

Edited by BankEnd Rover

Sounds like Brown is set to be loaned out following the arrival of Brittain and Magloire is deemed surplus to requirements by JDT and looks to be set for the exit as well. Could be a loan or a permanent but I think he's in his last year of his contract so either way, should be the end of his Rovers career.

Everyone knows BBD will be sold this window, get Bowler in now before the price inflates when people know we have brass to spend and the big boys come calling!

14 hours ago, Finlay McKenna said:

I see far too many people criticising Rich, he's the most generally reliable source for Rovers and always acts within the best interests of the club, rather than seeking to gain attention and clicks with gossip.

I'd rather not know about a signing and it happen than find out and see the deal fall through as a result.

At the end of the day he's a local sports journalist covering Blackburn Rovers, not an investigative journalist seeking to expose the Russian government. It serves nobody's best interests for him to start putting club secrets into the public eye.

Absolutely - always been helpful to us at BRFCS as well. Lot of time for him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Everyone knows BBD will be sold this window, get Bowler in now before the price inflates when people know we have brass to spend and the big boys come calling!

Can't see BBD going anywhere this window unless someone comes in with a suiltable offer. And nor should he imo, we're short enough on quality as it is without losing him as well.

I wouldn't be selling for any less than £15m this window or £10m in January.

16 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Absolutely - always been helpful to us at BRFCS as well. Lot of time for him.

Might be a nice chap but his output isn't worth reading imo, only ever comments on rumours or confirms stuff after it's happened and when things aren't going so well and a critical appraisal is required, it isn't forthcoming.

Little more than an additional mouthpiece for the Club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Tend to agree, the initial optimism that the signing of Brittain might open the floodgates is dissipating somewhat.

The cold facts are we've lost four absolutely key first team players and four or five loanees from last season and only brought one in.

There's still time for a flurry of activity before the opening game but by the same token it needs to happen.

• Like 1