BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

Thanks. When you say 75%, is that just players or everybody ? With income around £17m that would imply wages are in the region of £12.75m which is around half of 2 years ago. Have they come down that much ? (Does "wages" include employers NI which is now 15.05% so if included takes out just over 13% of the limit )

Just the players

17 minutes ago, phili said:

Yep they can increase to £20m a season without needing to sell the rest of the training ground etc.

The issue will be the wage budget and keeping it under control or substantially increasing turnover in the next couple of years.

I take it that if the owners choose to inject £20m p.a. then that £20m qualifies as additional "turnover" for the purposes of any calculation?

Otherwise there wouldn't be much point.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

3 hours ago, roverstdt said:

The fact is the starting 11 hasn't drastically changed: 

------------------Kaminski (SAME)-------------------

Brittain (NEW)------Ayala (NEW if you want)--------Wharton (Same)------Pickering (Same)

-----------------Travis (Same)----------Buckley (SAME)

Dolan/Markanday/Hedges (Same)-------Dack (Same)----------Diaz (Same)

-------------------------------Gallagher (Same)----------------------

Rothwell didn't start every game, neither did Khadra, I just don't get this panic 

If all we have is that starting 11 -with little back up, we’ll be relegated.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You seem to put a big emphasis on that one match in which the Barnsley globetrotters put up an excellent 2-1 loss!

Wrong, I have used it of example of when both players had a good game. I have been suggesting Callum Brittain for months before we signed him. He is an improve in the right back area compare to Nyambe IMO. He will offer us a greater threat going forward. You can keep disagreeing with me if you want

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

The last sentence is a needless equivalent to calling me negative. I would love him back but I can't see him being obtainable and I would be surprised if we spent over £3m on a fee, something we have done 3 times in 9 or 10 years unless I have missed someone?

I'm not interested in what we spend in previous seasons cos IMO it has no bearing on what we will spend this season. I am confident we will see another couple more cash buys in the coming days or weeks. 

I think Van Hecke is obtainable for us, if you want to disagree fine by me!

3 hours ago, islander200 said:

Boro fans must be shitting it as they don't have a striker.

I'd say you are severely underrating our squad and overrating the rest of the championship.

Like someone said Cardiff signed 12 players ,only maybe Sawyers out of that 12 would get in our starting line and I actually don't think he would get in ahead of Travis or Buckley.

The squad is capable of winning matches and signings will be made.

Well Boro are waiting for PL clubs to sign strikers so they can sign strikers whether on loan or permanent. 

agree on your Cardiff point

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

According to a Beşiktaş "congress member", they're close to signing left-back Mohanad Jeahze from Hammarby. That might end their interest in Styles. There is still Olympiacos to consider.

If we could only make one signing out of the five or six names we're linked with at the moment, it would have to be van Hecke, even if it was just on loan. He proved himself in this league and if we could arrange an affordable fee for him, I'd like to think he'd come back here knowing that he's a fans' favourite.

Styles would be my second choice. As with Brittain, it looks as though he could fit right into what I think are the most important positions in the system that we've been playing - inverted wing-backs, who run centrally and provide an attacking threat. They are critical to that system, and we're lacking on one side it seems.

Well lets hope Styles is coming here

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Phillips is 3rd or 4th choice this season Will get chances.

Phillips is 4th choice right now 

4 minutes ago, den said:

If all we have is that starting 11 -with little back up, we’ll be relegated.

As we saw from January onwards that line up is incredibly reliant on BBD showing the sort of form he did in the first half of last season and not the second because no matter how many times people try to reinvent Gallagher he simply isn't good enough imo.

So Mowbray warns we'd get nothing to spend from the Armstrong deal and there'll be nothing from the BBD sale.  Yet suddenly there'd be money to bring in players he'd allegedly lined up if we'd sold Rothwell mid season ?

Pull the other one, he's gone but he's still changing his narrative to suit from afar.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wrong, I have used it of example of when both players had a good game. I have been suggesting Callum Brittain for months before we signed him. He is an improve in the right back area compare to Nyambe IMO. He will offer us a greater threat going forward. You can keep disagreeing with me if you want

I'm not interested in what we spend in previous seasons cos IMO it has no bearing on what we will spend this season. I am confident we will see another couple more cash buys in the coming days or weeks. 

I think Van Hecke is obtainable for us, if you want to disagree fine by me!

Well Boro are waiting for PL clubs to sign strikers so they can sign strikers whether on loan or permanent. 

agree on your Cardiff point

Well lets hope Styles is coming here

Phillips is 4th choice right now 

Phillips may even be fifth choice, if Sam Barnes is ahead of him.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I take it that if the owners choose to inject £20m p.a. then that £20m qualifies as additional "turnover" for the purposes of any calculation?

Otherwise there wouldn't be much point.

Nope at the moment I believe it excludes the cash injection. The injection is for normal running costs, maintenance and transfers and not for player wages.

Just now, tomphil said:

So Mowbray warns we'd get nothing to spend from the Armstrong deal and there'll be nothing from the BBD sale.  Yet suddenly there'd be money to bring in players he'd allegedly lined up if we'd sold Rothwell mid season ?

Pull the other one, he's gone but he's still changing his narrative to suit from afar.

Im as certain as I can be there was money available in January irrespective of any Rothwell sale and he knows it.

Why he made and is still making claims to the contrary is anyone's guess.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As we saw from January onwards that line up is incredibly reliant on BBD showing the sort of form he did in the first half of last season and not the second because no matter how many times people try to reinvent Gallagher he simply isn't good enough imo.

Different manager, different system, different philosophy.

I've seen enough in pre-season already to think that we'll have a much more cohesive team this season.

That team wouldn't get relegated (barring a rash of injuries), but there's not enough depth there to achieve anything next season. We need 3 more quality players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, phili said:

Nope at the moment I believe it excludes the cash injection. The injection is for normal running costs, maintenance and transfers and not for player wages.

Seems fairly pointless then if as most people have said expenditure on infrastructure is FFP exempt anyway.

So you could theoretically inject money in to buy players for large fees but you wouldn't be able to pay them?

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Seems fairly pointless then if as most people have said expenditure on infrastructure is FFP exempt anyway.

So you could theoretically inject money in to buy players for large fees but you wouldn't be able to pay them?

We will have to wait and see on the details but player trading will be classed as turnover. 

We'll need to concentrate on boosting turnover and turning a sponsor down who is offering £1m a season won't be tolerable from next season 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rigger said:

Phillips may even be fifth choice, if Sam Barnes is ahead of him.

Not for me at this stage cos I think Ash Phillips has been better in pre season but over the season this might happen. Sam Barnes is another good prospect for us. Another one I am excited by

58 minutes ago, phili said:

It is just accounting of how the money comes in and doesn't really effect things too much.

Cash or Shares are really the same thing in this regard.

You’re right, my main concern is getting from 140% to 70% in a few years, very difficult.

Still think some players we are linked with want far and away  more than £15k a week, I know we can sign players between 5k and 15k but getting quality players in on that is difficult.

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

some bloke on twitter who recently chatted with Mogga at Sunderland v hartlepool

image.png.d49d08627f92b0498f17dfe73751e3e3.png

Not sure how you get Dembele and Jed Wallace for 2.5 mill total. Sounds like bollocks. Transfermarkt reckons Dembele alone cost 2.38 mill.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, phili said:

We will have to wait and see on the details but player trading will be classed as turnover. 

We'll need to concentrate on boosting turnover and turning a sponsor down who is offering £1m a season won't be tolerable from next season 

It will be if Vs don't want to do it they won't allow it regardless.

3 hours ago, XLM said:

Can people please stop mentioning Tony fucking Mowbray, I'm trying to get excited for the weekend.

OK. Calm down and have another piece of lemon drizzle cake.

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not for me at this stage cos I think Ash Phillips has been better in pre season but over the season this might happen. Sam Barnes is another good prospect for us. Another one I am excited by

Agree Chaddy. I also expect Phillips will get quite a few minutes this season, particularly if he doesn’t sign the deal on offer. We will play him to bump up his price.

• Like 1