BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

JRC had a few decent games for the first team when he was first introduced but seems to have gone gradually backwards ever since and has struggled with various injuries.

Can't say I'm convinced he's going to get his act together and further improve though any time soon as he's been terrible on a few occasions now.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I seem to remember seeing Szmodics' namepop up on Final Score a fair amount of times as a goal scorer, though I couldn't say in which division. Who knows, he may play better outside of a team that yo-yos between the first and second division, and has a bit more talent.

Scored 16 in Peterborough’s promotion season (year before last)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Szmodics, Bowler, Styles, JPvH & Morton 👍🏼

Birmencevic plus another striker IF we / when sell BBD 👍🏼

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Szmodics, Bowler, Styles, JPvH & Morton 👍🏼

Birmencevic plus another striker IF we / when sell BBD 👍🏼

getting all the above would be stratospheric and propel us up to challenging for outright promotion imo,only problem is venkys,swag and ambition go together like oil and water

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Szmodics looks a good player. Skilful and nippy. Scoring 6 goals from midfield in a team that got relegated isn't a bad return at all. And he only played 26 games. 

He can play AMC or AML. 

The 3 behind the striker of Sczmodics, Dack and Bowler would equal sexy football. 

The main problems being: two of them aren't Rovers players and the other one isn't fit. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Szmodics looks a good player. Skilful and nippy. Scoring 6 goals from midfield in a team that got relegated isn't a bad return at all. And he only played 26 games. 

He can play AMC or AML. 

The 3 behind the striker of Sczmodics, Dack and Bowler would equal sexy football. 

36 games not 26. Although his minutes played balance out to an equivalent of just over 26 games.

Looks like he had a run of 4 games in a row where he was on the bench but never came off it, and only got 4 minutes in the 5th one.

4 of his 6 goals came in two matches (Blackpool and Bristol City). Transfermarkt has him as having played CF against Bristol City. So that's 4 goals from midfield (1 more than Buckley, and 6 less assists), all of which came in the last 2 months of the season. On paper he doesn't look too consistent.

Not convinced this lad is value at the prices being mentioned, but sounds like we will find out.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yeah, 1 whole goal in his 6 years as a pro shows a real eye for goal there.👍

Absolute waste of time and should have been released yonks ago

He can play in a number of positions and is currently competent rather than effective. Isn’t that the point of a good manager to improve people like him?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Would much rather sign Styles than Szmodics.

Me too but to be fair they are different type of player so if we are in for Styles then signing Smodizs shouldn't affect that.

Agree with some of your other posts Smodizs seems a bit pricey 

3 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

How do you pronounce his name

i keep saying smodic but I know that’s wrong 

No .. it’s pronounced Smodic 😁😁

• Like 1

Posh fans views

If we are getting £2.5 million for a midfielder who can only fill one role, it will be the biggest robbery in Lancashire since the wages blag where Ernie Bishop got shot

Love the lad but imo he’ll be more missed in the dressing room than on the pitch if it happens. I’d be quite happy if he stayed though.