BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

I'm a bit concerned that Ash Phillips didn't make the bench yesterday even with Carter out. Not a sign he will get much game time this season, especially with another CB or two to come in, and possibly a sign the club don't expect him to pen professional terms.

13 minutes ago, neophox said:

Bowler wont get in to that Forest team... but we will see.

I hope we get Van Hecke in. It will be a miracle if Ayala and Wharton can sustain all league games in a long and hard season.

Money should be available for this as for wages.

Ayala, as we know, has glass ankles, although Wharton seems to have that upright playing style that excellent defenders  enjoy. Neither was in the wars yesterday, but it is probably a ticking time bomb. 

A player with JPVH qualities, passion and connection to the fans would be super and a strong boost to the squad in what looks like being a long hard season, based on the fare served up yesterday. On the plus side, JDT has excellent experience of building 'a team' and it is generally a hallmark of success in this division that something gels with a group of players to make their team spirit stand out above the norm. 

Football is after all more alchemy than science. Otherwise why would we be so addicted to the Blue and White brew?

36 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It looks like Szmodics is coming so for me the Positions we need filling are LB & CB…Styles is the man we need. 

I really hope JDT doesn’t see Pickering as good enough.

Feel we still need at least  5 even with szmodic:

CB

Lb/Lwb

Cm 

Right winger (can't cope with Gallagher out there again).

Centre forward.

Improve on what we have in those positions and we would have a good shout of top 6

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I'm a bit concerned that Ash Phillips didn't make the bench yesterday even with Carter out. Not a sign he will get much game time this season, especially with another CB or two to come in, and possibly a sign the club don't expect him to pen professional terms.

He was 19th man yesterday.

Maybe it's just a case of the management team trusting Barnes more at this point.

Perhaps Phillips just isn't quite ready for Championship football at this time.Not saying your suggesting this but he shouldn't be given gametime just to try tempt him to sign a new deal.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As good as he may be, he should be nowhere near the bench unless he commits to the club.   Develop and encourage the kids that see there medium term future here. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Praying it’s JPvH, this week! What a buzz that would create! 🙏🏽

I would suggest we need a centre defender who has pace and ball player centre back

58 minutes ago, tomphil said:

On another note is Chris Samba still at Ewood and if so what does he do ?

I believe he still works at the academy 

55 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

It looks like Szmodics is coming so for me the Positions we need filling are LB & CB…Styles is the man we need. 

I really hope JDT doesn’t see Pickering as good enough.

Well Callum Styles played as centre midfielder in yesterday game. he is centre midfielder for me not a left back

12 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Dack isn't fully fit, so better to match him carefully.

Well a Rovers posted in Rovers supporter fan page 

"Dack was fuming after the game though, saw him come out the tunnel at 5pm, ignored the fans shouting him, put his hood up and stormed off "

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well Callum Styles played as centre midfielder in yesterday game. he is centre midfielder for me not a left back

LWB I meant… Barnsley fans rate him better at LWB

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

"Dack was fuming after the game though, saw him come out the tunnel at 5pm, ignored the fans shouting him, put his hood up and stormed off "

Makes sense, I didn’t see him come out to applaud the fans after the game whereas the other subs did…
People might think this next thing is sad but Dacks literally not put anything on Instagram which he usually does, no likes  on any players or the page or anything….

He’s obviously seen his arse…

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'm not saying it to his face.  Players get judged on their performances and he was woefully short today.  Different than playing AFC Darwen

It was the wrong decision to start him.

And yet we won. I know whose decisions, I would go with. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

LWB I meant… Barnsley fans rate him better at LWB

Well their new manager didn't played him there yesterday. He was very good against us at Ewood Park in December 2021 when he played in midfielder

2 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

Makes sense, I didn’t see him come out to applaud the fans after the game whereas the other subs did…
People might think this next thing is sad but Dacks literally not put anything on Instagram which he usually does, no likes  on any players or the page or anything….

He’s obviously seen his arse…

No he didn't come with the players to applaud for sure. I didn't think too much about it at the time. I can understand his frustration at not playing any part in the game but we win and we need to stick together as a team. The team must come first whether Dack is starting or not. 

10 minutes ago, rigger said:

And yet we won. I know whose decisions, I would go with. 

I thought Vale was decent enough and I would start him again. Thought he show some good points but for his first start he did decent. Think some people comments are abit off on his overall performance 

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If I was third choice behind Vale and Dolhan I’d be upset too. I think Dack needs to be eased back into things, but probably should have been given a few minutes yesterday. JDT won’t appreciate that kind of behaviour though; he’s all about the ‘there’s no I in team’.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I thought Vale was decent enough and I would start him again. Thought he show some good points but for his first start he did decent. Think some people comments are abit off on his overall performance 

I thought he looked ok, was pretty lost at times but I’d defo start him at Swansea. He deserves that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

If I was third choice behind Vale and Dolhan I’d be upset too. I think Dack needs to be eased back into things, but probably should have been given a few minutes yesterday. JDT won’t appreciate that kind of behaviour though; he’s all about the ‘there’s no I in team’.

Personally I think Dack will have to realise that his game does not suit JDT prefered plan A, but if we have to resort to a different tactic or what is referred to as plan B. Then Dack may be a focal point of that plan. I would not try to shoehorn Dack into a formation that doesn't suit him. That would be a Mowbray-esque type of decission.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sure there was a chance where bbd took a shot tight angle from the left.  Vale was waiting for a tap in but was ignored. 

• Like 2

I remember James Beattie's debut---rabbit in the headlights at a subdued Ewood. Let's say he didn't exactly sparkle that day but we didn't give him much chance after that and Southampton did.

Got to be patient to see how Vale turns out.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 9

20 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I thought he looked ok, was pretty lost at times but I’d defo start him at Swansea. He deserves that.

8 minutes ago, 47er said:

I remember James Beattie's debut---rabbit in the headlights at a subdued Ewood. Let's say he didn't exactly sparkle that day but we didn't give him much chance after that and Southampton did.

Got to be patient to see how Vale turns out.

Funny how people have different opinions…I wouldn’t start Vale…I personally don’t think he’s strong enough for the championship (I think a loan out would help him massively) …It’s not Like he has a lot of pace either to help…something which Dolan does have…I’d start Gally at the top with hedges on the right with Szmodics number 10 at Swansea…

Hate to say it but you can usually tell someone is going to do well, I just don’t see it with Vale…full marks for effort but maybe an impact sub is something which may suit him…saying that I’d rather Dolan/Dack be that option.

Edited by BankEnd Rover
  • Like 1

On Dack, he's barely played in pre-season due to injury. For someone still recovering from two major injuries as well, he's the kind of player you bring on when you need a bit of magic (Derby at Ewood last season springs to mind), not the player to bring on when you're 1 nil up and needing to stay solid. I can understand the logic of Dolan coming on because he's got a lot more energy about him. I suppose the concerning thing for Dack is the imminent arrival of Szmodic. It might be the case that for Dack to play for this team longer term that he needs to adjust his role to be more of a goal poaching forward than a goal scoring attacking midfielder.

I get his frustrations of course, but I'm not sure it was the right situation for him. That being said, it was surprising that we didn't make more changes generally, especially as Gallagher and BBD looked absolutely shattered for the last 10 - 15 minutes. I was probably more surprised that Edun didn't come on given he's played well in pre-season.

It's a very long season. I'm sure the players who didn't feature yesterday will get a chance, but you can't really argue with the fact that the players who did play yesterday ran themselves into the ground and won the game. All you could really ask for on opening day 😆.

Anyway, transfer wise - if we can keep hold of BBD, bring in Szmodic, Morton, a solid left back and a centre half (please be JPVH) then I'd be delighted with this window.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Imagine getting paid handsomely to sit on your arse for two years doing nothing and then throwing a hissy fit because you weren't subbed on.

• Like 5

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

Imagine getting paid handsomely to sit on your arse for two years doing nothing and then throwing a hissy fit because you weren't subbed on.

I didn’t see any of that to be fair. 

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

But he's a reality tv 'star' now, him and his missus. He's had two years of smoking his own exhaust too, so no wonder he's a tad narky when asked to subsume his ego in favour of a focused and decisive boss.

Time for Mr Dack to put up, shut up or shuffle off to a twiliight destinaton... Andy Crawford MK II potential here..