BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said I see Styles as centre midfielder and not a left back/wing back. He played centre midfield yesterday for Barnsley

Exactly. The focus should always been on the team and not one player whoever that player is

Though Styles played wing back when Barnsley finished 5th, and central midfield when they were relegated. 

• Like 3

CM is still a huge need, for as impressive as Travis and Buckley were/are, they are not going to play 46 games each, both will likely be suspended for one reason or another - and Buckley especially looks questionable once booked with his decision making.

Potentially need that creative and energetic player available to come on for Buckley late in games (if were not chasing a goal) if he's on a yellow. Is Wharton that player?

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

If there any actual evidence he's sulking though or is it just some nonsense posted on social media?

Not that I’m aware of tbf, good point. I was just responding to OP criticising Dack. Rumour and hearsay are such an important part of being a football fan these days!

28 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

CM is still a huge need, for as impressive as Travis and Buckley were/are, they are not going to play 46 games each, both will likely be suspended for one reason or another - and Buckley especially looks questionable once booked with his decision making.

Potentially need that creative and energetic player available to come on for Buckley late in games (if were not chasing a goal) if he's on a yellow. Is Wharton that player?

Agree about Buckley - but wow - when it comes off for him, he looks like a hell of a player. Can't help but feel he will occasionally be caught in possession - but a few of the touches he made yesterday created room in midfield like no other player we currently have.,

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Morton is being signed in next week or two. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Every player has had to change. It's a different tactical approach. What we don't know is if Dack can adapt. It's just conjecture at this stage. We'll find out when he's match-fit. He's not had a proper pre-season for 3 years (?) so it's going to take a while.

🤞🏽

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Angry_Pirate said:

In my opinion, yes. He is exactly that player. He has great awareness of a situation, he picks and uses simple, good passes to keep possession. 

• Like 2

I think the Dack situation is more nuanced than “an agenda” aka opinions.

I was struck by a comment the manager made early on when he said “you can’t be scared”. At the time I wondered if he was referring to Dack. It would not be a huge shock if Dack, after two terrible injuries, has been nervous to go full out in pre-season, in fact I think it more than likely, and the manager for sure would have seen that.

Add in the manager’s obsession with team and it seems not unlikely to me that he has no plans to change the team ethos he is introducing one iota to accommodate Dack’s extremely prolonged return. Dacky, let us recall, was telling Mowbray he was ready in March. He came on against Bristol City and stank the place out, as he did virtually every other time he came on. I cannot imagine this manager letting that happen - the other ten have to try even harder because Dacky is a bit nervous about his knees? Not on this guy’s watch.

And that’s before even thinking about does Dacky fit the new system. His best attribute was as a poacher who arrived unseen into the danger area. I can still see a big role for that given Sam arrives late and seen by all and sundry. But I don’t think that’s enough for the boss.

I suspect Dack will not be given first team minutes for the sole purpose of “getting fit” It didn’t work last season, he was no better at the end than against BC. He has to show the prolonged intensity in training first then win a place that enhances the boss’s system.

Bottom line: IMO the days of Dacky being the main man are over.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

Though Styles played wing back when Barnsley finished 5th, and central midfield when they were relegated. 

I think they were a number of factors involved in both seasons and where they finish like different head coaches, Woodrow missing alot of last season

16 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Nottingham Forest revive interest in Blackpool star as Blackburn’s chances of winning race for him become clearer | Football League World

Nixon reporting Forest back in for Bowler, and that Bowler is waiting on Prem interest before entertaining a Championship move. 

absolute ****,forest have already signed 13 players and spent nigh on 75 million quid on them,they are covered in every position,it`s nixon writing **** again

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vilesinner said:

How anyone can criticise Vale, when he played some lovely one touch football. While Gallagher was very poor imo. Only kept on for his Defensive heading ability imo..

Vale struggled to find his way into the game. But that wasn’t entirely his fault. Pickering started sharp but after 15 min his passing was off the mark. Hedges found space but wasn’t able to connect with Vale or anyone really as he mostly have gave the ball away. Vale has to figure out how to get more involved than he was yesterday.

Gally on the other hand is a complete donkey with the ball. Works hard, tackles back but by god is his touch poor. 

of the front 4 that started I assume none will be regular staples of the starting XI after the window. BBD will be gone, Dack or Dolan for Hedges and new faces for Gally and Vale. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

absolute ****,forest have already signed 13 players and spent nigh on 75 million quid on them,they are covered in every position,it`s nixon writing **** again

Taking the Bournemouth approach. If you sign everyone other clubs are linked to, you win by default 

14 minutes ago, yankfan said:

of the front 4 that started I assume none will be regular staples of the starting XI after the window. BBD will be gone, Dack or Dolan for Hedges and new faces for Gally and Vale. 

I wouldn't assume that at all tbh Yank. 

I think we lack real height and raw strength at the min in the 1st team, aside from Gallagher (who never seems as strong as a bloke his size should be) and Ayala who is quite the beast (looking an absolute crime that he was never played when fit under the last bloke, twice the natural cb and leader that leninhan is/was!) 

And sczmodics isnt going to increase our average height at 5'6 (not knocking him he looks a tidy player) 

The liverpool lad looks tall but a bit lanky still, 

Just think we could get muscled of the pitch at times this season if we dont get a bit more meat on our bones 😄

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I wouldn't assume that at all tbh Yank. 

Dolans frustrating, I like him a lot but he only seems to be really effective as a sub to come on and stir things up, when he gets a start he seems to go missing for a lot of the game tough. 

Makes a great impact/super sub, but not all players like getting that tag long term when they feel they should be starting 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Dolans frustrating, I like him a lot but he only seems to be really effective as a sub to come on and stir things up, when he gets a start he seems to go missing for a lot of the game tough. 

Makes a great impact/super sub, but not all players like getting that tag long term when they feel they should be starting 

If he had a bit more pace he would be devastating, but he isn't quite quick enough to just get by a defender with pace. So he needs the tricks but his decisions are sometimes not the best. Turns into trouble, slows himself down by taking an additional unnecessary step over, doesn't spot a run etc.

But.... defo think he will iron the decisions and improve over time. He's shown he can score and assist, is a grafter, and has all the technical tools. He will kick on this season.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Right lads for some reason Tomasson has followed me back on insta… who am I recommending us to sign 😂

(yes it’s his official account) 

Chloe Kelly!

• Like 8