BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Disappointing that Dacky has seemingly thrown his toys out the pram, hopefully it’s just frustration at wanting to be on the pitch and when he does get on the pitch he’s even more determined and takes his chance. He’s one of the more senior players in the team currently and he needs to act like that, maybe part of him is also annoyed that he didn’t get the armband?

• Like 1

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

Assuming we play four at the back and by some miracle JPVH did end up here , who would you drop ?

Ayala is the best CB At the club when fit and Wharton hasn’t done anything to warrant being dropped ? Thoughts people 

Ayala drops himself when he gets injured after 5 games

• Like 8

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

Right lads for some reason Tomasson has followed me back on insta… who am I recommending us to sign 😂

(yes it’s his official account) 

Would recommend the sale of Gallagher and transport available foc!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Morton is currently in action for Liverpool so I don't think that one's imminent, if it is at least he shouldn't be too fat off fitness wise...

Think it will be very much a 2nd string after yesterday's Charity shield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

1458409F-5E25-4F14-BDDE-8A7503BC7B7D.png

I said this on here last night, I sit right by the dugout and at the end JDT shook hands with everyone on the bench and gave them a hug. Dack didn’t embrace him and barely touched his hand then went straight down the tunnel while everyone else came on the pitch!

I’ve no issue with players wanting to play but there is ways to go about it. Dack is one of the senior pros in the team it doesn’t set a great example to the young lads does it.

my personal opinion is JDT doesn’t fancy Dack, for whatever reason. I think the smzodics signing proves that because JDT had obviously said to Gregg go out and get me a number 10 that can do X, Y and Z. Personal prediction Dack isn’t a rovers player on 1st September. 

Edited by Galgaterover10

8 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

I said this on here last night, I sit right by the dugout and at the end JDT shook hands with everyone on the bench and gave them a hug. Dack didn’t embrace him and barely touched his hand then went straight down the tunnel while everyone else came on the pitch!

I’ve no issue with players wanting to play but there is ways to go about it. Dack is one of the senior pros in the team it doesn’t set a great example to the young lads does it.

my personal opinion is JDT doesn’t fancy Dack, for whatever reason. I think the smzodics signing proves that because JDT had obviously said to Gregg go out and get me a number 10 that can do X, Y and Z. Personal prediction Dack isn’t a rovers player on 1st September. 

Things are definitely coming to a head - he's one of the highest earners at the club and we're constantly told how tight the budget is.

If he doesn't fit into the system, isn't willing to be an impact sub and we can move him on I suspect we will. 

• Like 1

There seems to be an overreaction to Dack not coming on yesterday with conclusions about his future. I would have started him but he seemingly was never like to, but it is a different proposition in terms of whether to bring him on as a sub. He was smiling at the end when the whistle went, he probably was pissed off that he didn't come on but is that abnormal?

I struggle to strongly believe that coaches actively working at the club are telling randomers that Dack has been struggling in training, it would be totally unprofessional plus we saw the accuracy of Rothwell's dad mouthing off on a train...

It is braindead of any partner or relative posting anything on a player's future/opinion though and totally unproductive, we also have a weird thing of our fans spamming Carter and Phillip's mums! I would be pissed off if I was Dack and his girlfriend has put that.

The one thing I am sure of is that our best player is Dack if he is anything like his old self, and if we can't get him working and firing in our team then we will be much worse off.

22 hours ago, Andy said:

Strange comment - Vale did fine today.

He's been one of the better performers pre-season and deserved his chance today.

Dack has struggled in pre-season and, barring a well taken header in the final friendly, he was absolutely rusty - lots of misplaced passes.

The season is long and Dack will play his part (should he stay injury-free). Vale was the right choice today, the result being vindication of that.

I suppose that you could argue that the selection is correct if we win and incorrect if we lose, so to an extent I would agree. And his inclusion was understandable having scored a couple in pre season.

But I wouldn't agree that he looked "fine," he really struggled and looked out of his depth. Nothing against the lad, either he will get more chances or go out on loan, but we need a new striker 100%.

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I thought he looked ok, was pretty lost at times but I’d defo start him at Swansea. He deserves that.

Deserves it how? He struggled and had no impact, why would he deserve to keep his place?

8 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I think most of us would agree that even after one game there looks to be be a lot more potential going forward under JDT than Mowbray.

But come on for Christ's sake the Club need to give him the raw  materials to do the job. We got away with it yesterday, but It seems to me that we would be absolutely stuffed  if we get a serious injury to Travis, Brereton or Kaminsky. We would also be struggling if either Scott Wharton or Ayala were out for a considerable period which you have to say is more likely than not in Ayala's case. Added to that Pickering's form appears to have fallen off a cliff and we could do with a better LB if we want to be challenging. (Which if QPR are indicative of the standard in the Championsip this year, should be possible)

So let's not repeat the mistake of January when we failed to bring in cover for BBD and tanked as a result.

CM

Decent striker (2 if BBD leaves)

CB

LB 

Back up keeper

Come on Waggott and Broughton, pull your fingers out and get the job done. No more weak excuses, it's obvious where we need strengthening.

Lets not pretend that we were a different attacking proposition just because you hate Mowbray, to clarify it is a work in progress and only results matter. But aside from a Travis goal from nowhere and a couple of half chances, we struggled to create. 

7 hours ago, islander200 said:

Credit to Brererton not his most productive performance yesterday but was fully committed and any transfer speculation doesn't look like it has got to him.

Similar with Szmodic showing character playing for his club yesterday with a move imminent.

Unlike Armstrong whose head wasn't right. 

When was Armstrong's head not right? He didn't play a competitive game did he last season prior to his move, and he ended the previous season scoring for fun.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Dack is class, he won’t lose that and will always be an asset, he showed with his assist to Dolan last season that his intuition isn’t dulled 

He has to be careful though, this club has been good to him and he needs to be patient and put the work in to make sure he’s fully fit

• Like 7

Surely JDT can find a way to get the best out of Dack if he is fit to play? We don’t have such a glut of quality players that we can afford to freeze him out. 

We know that Dack can score goals so lets ensure he gets adequate opportunities. OK he didn’t get on the pitch in the first game but then neither did most of the other subs. No big deal. They will get their chance to prove the manager wrong in due course given the lack of depth in the squad.

Edited by Uddersfelt Blue
  • Like 3

• Backroom

I'll hold off judgement on most things til the end of the window, including the Dack situation.

I'd have thought JDT's playing career could be exactly what Dack can learn from. Very similar type of player.

Edited by Mike E