BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Prove it. I really don’t wanna go down this line…let’s see if he’s any good hey? If he’s brilliant it won’t matter a jot if he was about to get loaned out or not OR what he cost….if he’s shit then for us to have paid 50p for him will be a waste! 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/transfer-news/sammie-szmodics-blackburn-rovers-transfer-24662376

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Time well tell, but reading the interview with the Posh chairman is really making me think that, if we paid anything like the 2.5 mill reported, we really got our pants pulled down on Szmodics.

Apparently he was close to making a loan move back down to League One in January, with Oxford, presumably whilst P'Boro were fighting relegation. The chairman's comments even suggest he was worried Szmodics would end up on Oxford's bench!! It really sounds like he was pants up to January and was McCann's 'best player for the last seven games'. Broughton has also been quoted as talking about how good he was for the last 10 games. We seem to have bought a player for a lot of money by our standards, on the basis of 7-10 good games at the end of the season. Until I see otherwise on the pitch I feel this move was bad business.

This is the same gobshite chairman who wished Sammie and his wonderful family all the best a day ago, yeah?

I'd take what he says with a grain of salt, he's all about self PR.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Neal said:

With all due respect, how do you know this? 

A friend who also told me about the sale and lease back of the training ground which I said early last summer.  It's a pretty solid tip but as always as I haven't seen the contract soI can't say it's a 100% accurate

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Prove it. I really don’t wanna go down this line…let’s see if he’s any good hey? If he’s brilliant it won’t matter a jot if he was about to get loaned out or not OR what he cost….if he’s shit then for us to have paid 50p for him will be a waste! 

If proof is an expectation. How do you know that Ayala and Dack struggled with Tomasson's training?

1 minute ago, Finlay McKenna said:

The whole ‘we should’ve been all over this’ line is a bit of a pointless one, if we don’t want a player there’s a reason.

That would only be valid if ours (or indeed anyones) transfer recruitment was 100% efficient. As it is, it seems perfectly valid to suggest that we should/could sign various players.

21 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

£2.5m from Barry Fry!? It’s in his interest it’s in to inflate the fee. The point I’m making is, who knows what the fee is and quite frankly, as fans do we really care? So long as he does the business, right?

Well, the structure of the fee obviously DOES make a big difference as if for the sake of argument it's £500k down and the rest is add ons then if he's shite it's not as big a deal as if we paid the £2.5m upfront.

Obviously we all hope he's a roaring success in which case at what point exactly we paid the £2.5m  all becomes academic.

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Charlie patino gone to Blackpool.  We should have been all over that 

Why? To compliment 19 year old Morton? Not sure another youngster in midfield is what we need right now.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, roverandout said:

Instead of. Patino is one of arsenal's next potential stars

tyler morgan has played 1st team football and played in the champions league

charlie patino has never made one single appearance and makes lleighton clarkson look musclebound,that seas breeeze at blackpool is likely to blow him over

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I suspect the two Clubs are still currently a long way apart in terms of asking price unless Brighton have a massive rethink.

Genuinely asking, do we know if Rovers are actually trying to sign him? 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

david goodwillie is available on a free,should be all over that

Ah that rapist... Well we've just signed Szmodics for probably a similar amount we paid for Goodwillie back all those years ago, hopefully that's where the similarities end. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Mods, I thought we were cracking down on this trite nonsense?

And yet you chose to post about it instead of reporting it. ALSO something we're not fond of.

• Like 1

• Backroom

'We considered loaning Sammie back to League One'

Translation:

'We're such crap judges of a player, we nearly shoved someone out the door who scored 4 in 10 when played in his proper position'.

• Like 4