BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

39 minutes ago, BigBar said:

My eyes and ability to not just tell myself something I want to be true. Not enough assists, not enough goals, went missing so often, missed multiple one on ones, dilly dallied in possession countless times. You disagree?

I'm a huge Buckley fan, but I think saying he should score/assist more is a fair criticism. He was playing further up the pitch last year than Rothwell, so he should be contributing decent numbers.

That said, I think the dilly dallying on the ball is something that he doesn't really do anymore. He keeps possession excellently and hardly ever gives it away unless it's when he's playing a through ball.

I see Buckley as a bit of a poundshop Paul Scholes. His goals/assists actually aren't that fantastic, but will play a crucial role earlier on in the move and is vital at making the team tick.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Just reminded me of him, the “Buckley’s rubbish and if you think differently you’re lying to yourself”.

He was "controversial" but like a fair number of late posters I think he added to the site in his own way.

We don't seem to have the numbers we had or is that me always thinking things were better yesterday?!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I'm a huge Buckley fan, but I think saying he should score/assist more is a fair criticism. He was playing further up the pitch last year than Rothwell, so he should be contributing decent numbers.

That said, I think the dilly dallying on the ball is something that he doesn't really do anymore. He keeps possession excellently and hardly ever gives it away unless it's when he's playing a through ball.

I see Buckley as a bit of a poundshop Paul Scholes. His goals/assists actually aren't that fantastic, but will play a crucial role earlier on in the move and is vital at making the team tick.

Scholes in a different class defensively. Buckley's strength is the ability to pick out "that pass".

21 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Sorry but I have to disagree on the JR but he only did it on the odd occasion and scored once v Cardiff often he lost the ball leaving us wide open at the back and midfield! He will not excel in the PL as Bournemouth get carved up he most certainly is not a ball winner defensive wise

I'd love to be arsed to go back 10 months on here to see what everyone was saying about JR.....From what I remember he was the dogs bollocks and now he a load of shit....🙈

• Like 3

Just now, 47er said:

Scholes in a different class defensively. Buckley's strength is the ability to pick out "that pass".

Seeing Buckley's pointless yellow card last weekend screamed Paul Scholes to me!

I think you're right that Scholes got stuck in more, but on the ball and how they play, there are some real crossovers I think.

(Which isn't to say that Buckley's in his class - obviously. Although at the same time the world class version of Scholes which everyone remembers only really developed in his mid-20s).

Shall we draw a line in the sand on the Buckley debate? Been a good few pages on the transfer thread now, I think we know where pretty much everyone stands.

I'm told there's several League One clubs asking about Jake Garrett on a loan but as things stand Rovers want him to stick around. As has been mentioned, he's the one outside of Travis who can offer that bite and defensive side in abundance.

16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

A shame I have to remind adults of this- but if you disagree with someone, that’s absolutely fine, but you’ll look a lot better if you tell them why you think they’re wrong, instead of shutting them down by calling them negative, or a moaner.

Everyone has a different opinion and they’re entitled to it, too!

That's no fun though

11 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

I can respect that view. And in return I will grant you that he does have a killer ball in him and has played a few excellent passes in his time. Again, I feel like he's close to being what I feel people will him to be but a time has to come where you have to be fair with your assessment.

• Like 1

Buckley will be in the Premier League in the next 2 years barring injury for my money.

EDIT: IN HIS NATURAL POSITION OF CM.

Edited by Mellor Rover

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd love to be arsed to go back 10 months on here to see what everyone was saying about JR.....From what I remember he was the dogs bollocks and now he a load of shit....🙈

Yeah - whereas in reality neither is really true. 

He definitely flattered to deceive. If Buckley drifts in and out of games, Rothwell was on a different level. For a player who got himself into so many good attacking positions, you'd expect him to score and create more than he did. 

BUT the way that he could travel with the ball from deep did play a huge part in our good early season form. Similarly to Buckley too, just because he isn't involved in the final ball doesn't mean that he hasn't played a vital role earlier in creating the chance. 

I think he's a good level Championship player, no point pretending that he's no good just because he binned us off. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

That's no fun though

It isn’t, but I’ve got to at least try and maintain a semblance of harmony.

I do love a challenge though!

21 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

A shame I have to remind adults of this- but if you disagree with someone, that’s absolutely fine, but you’ll look a lot better if you tell them why you think they’re wrong, instead of shutting them down by calling them negative, or a moaner.

Everyone has a different opinion and they’re entitled to it, too!

Tbf some of the crap people come out with doesn't warrant or deserve an intelligible reply! 

Shame you cant simply give them a thumbs down 👎(considering there is a thumbs up button) would safe having to clog up threads with petty bickering. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

In other words, just someone with a different opinion to yours. “Over exaggerate” and “make excuses for” are slightly odd aspersions to cast.

I love when people pull out the "so someone who has a different opinion to yours"...you realise people have different opinions on a variety of topics yeah? So yeah I feel people over exaggerate and make excuses for certain players. This can't be a new revelation to you or is it? Been going on in football forever.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Shall we draw a line in the sand on the Buckley debate? Been a good few pages on the transfer thread now, I think we know where pretty much everyone stands.

I'm told there's several League One clubs asking about Jake Garrett on a loan but as things stand Rovers want him to stick around. As has been mentioned, he's the one outside of Travis who can offer that bite and defensive side in abundance.

I've re-booted the separate Buckley thread.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Tbf some of the crap people come out with doesn't warrant or deserve an intelligible answer! 

Shame you cant simply give them a thumbs down 👎(considering there is a thumbs up button) would safe having to clog up threads with petty bickering. 

I mean, I’m sure everyone thinks that about someone’s view on here.

Ideally, people would just debate instead of trying to be amateur mods and shutting debate down, alas- that hasn’t been happening.

7 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Seeing Buckley's pointless yellow card last weekend screamed Paul Scholes to me!

I think you're right that Scholes got stuck in more, but on the ball and how they play, there are some real crossovers I think.

(Which isn't to say that Buckley's in his class - obviously. Although at the same time the world class version of Scholes which everyone remembers only really developed in his mid-20s).

They used to excuse Scholes when he committed a bad foul. “ He doesn’t know how to tackle “. Bollocks - he knew exactly what he was doing. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

If that's the approach lets get Jason Lowe Adam Henley back. 

The original post has been accused by plenty of being over the top, so no prizes for guessing how this will go down..

Obviously there's a difference between John Buckley and Adam Henley and I don't think you genuinely believe K-Hod doesn't know that.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

They used to excuse Scholes when he committed a bad foul. “ He doesn’t know how to tackle “. Bollocks - he knew exactly what he was doing. 

Nasty player because he had to be. Despite being the best of the lot, he didn't even get in that Man United youth team XI because players used to just run over him. You can see their coaches telling him endlessly that he needs to find a way to not be bullied, because that would be the only thing that would stop him being a player.

It's a different game now, but I wonder if Buckley's poor discipline can be attributed to a similar thing. I suppose a lot of Buckley's cards have come more through petulance rather than bad fouls, but there have been a few of those too.

6 minutes ago, BigBar said:

If that's the approach let's get Jason Lowe Adam Henley back. 

Buckley is far better. The vast majority of the Blackburn Rovers supporting public can see that. Sometimes, though, it just takes a few people a lot longer to catch up👍  There's no shame in that. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets
  • Like 8