BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I can only think we’re waiting on Brighton to decide what they want to do. I’m sure people would happily wait a little longer to get our man than invest in someone who we haven’t seen.

Focus on getting Van heckle, then maybe a loan or free at the back. 

There isn't much indication we are actually in for him in the first place. Nixon vaguely suggested we were interested a good week or so ago, seen nothing else beyond messageboard speculation and wishing.

23 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Buckley is far better. The vast majority of the Blackburn Rovers supporting public can see that. Sometimes, though, it just takes a few people a lot longer to catch up👍  There's no shame in that. 

Jason Lowe 100% got similar favouritism but unfortunately revisionist history will shut all that down. You still going for the passive aggressive approach here? 🤣

Buckley not even in the top 5 performers last year yet some on here are being force fed the narrative we can't see what others with superior football intelligence can. Can you tell me who else I should rate that isn't putting in consistent performances so we can all catch up?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 47er said:

He was "controversial" but like a fair number of late posters I think he added to the site in his own way.

We don't seem to have the numbers we had or is that me always thinking things were better yesterday?!!!

Abbey was great

41 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I love when people pull out the "so someone who has a different opinion to yours"...you realise people have different opinions on a variety of topics yeah? So yeah I feel people over exaggerate and make excuses for certain players. This can't be a new revelation to you or is it? Been going on in football forever.

Not like you to

a) Miss the point entirely, or

b) Be a patronising so-and-so.

You should join the 'We Did Warn You' section of the forum, if you haven't already. You'd love it in there.

46 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Shall we draw a line in the sand on the Buckley debate? Been a good few pages on the transfer thread now, I think we know where pretty much everyone stands.

I'm told there's several League One clubs asking about Jake Garrett on a loan but as things stand Rovers want him to stick around. As has been mentioned, he's the one outside of Travis who can offer that bite and defensive side in abundance.

I like the look of Garrett, from what little I've seen. Does he not have a bit of history with injuries, or one bad one at least, or am I thinking of Whitehall (who I also liked the look of)?

Travis plays a lot, rarely injured, though will miss some games from suspensions. Be interesting to see if Morton or Garrett is first pick for his slot if he is out. It's going to be interesting to see how we slot Morton in full stop really. Surely Liverpool didn't send him here to sit on the bench, but surely we aren't dropping Buckley or Travis to accommodate him, not yet anyway. A midfield 3 maybe?

12 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Jason Lowe 100% got similar favouritism but unfortunately revisionist history will shut all that down. You still going for the passive aggressive approach here? 🤣

Buckley not even in the top 5 performers last year yet some on here are being force fed the narrative we can't see what others with superior football intelligence can. Can you tell me who else I should rate that isn't putting in consistent performances so we can all catch up?

Accusations of passive-aggressive from the chap who dismissed others as 'Buckley lovers' and 'face savers'. Topped-off with a passive-aggressive laughing emoji. Oh dear. 

Jason Lowe was universally panned from very early on. If he had his own fan club on here I'd be surprised. I'm not sure you're a reliable witness though. 

Buckley 'not in top 5 performers last season'. More unsubstantiated nonsense. 

We'll leave it there, you don't make enough sense for this to be worth continuing. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I like the look of Garrett, from what little I've seen. Does he not have a bit of history with injuries, or one bad one at least, or am I thinking of Whitehall (who I also liked the look of)?

Travis plays a lot, rarely injured, though will miss some games from suspensions. Be interesting to see if Morton or Garrett is first pick for his slot if he is out. It's going to be interesting to see how we slot Morton in full stop really. Surely Liverpool didn't send him here to sit on the bench, but surely we aren't dropping Buckley or Travis to accommodate him, not yet anyway. A midfield 3 maybe?

All valid points. Think you are thinking Isaac Whitehall yeah. 

Could perhaps see a midfield three, but I'm not too sure Morton is a high enough level player to warrant shifting the system to suit. If we're going to shift things to suit a player, I'd hope we'd find a way of getting the best out of Bradley Dack?

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Jason Lowe was universally panned from very early on. If he had his own fan club on here I'd be surprised. I'm not sure you're a reliable witness though. 

Sadly, Lowe did have his own fan club on here. Which resulted in an unnecessary amount of debate about a player who was obviously a hard worker but even more obviously shit.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, BigBar said:

I think you could easily argue that he was to be fair. Certainly as far as the attack and midfield go, there was only Brereton who I'd have in front of him. I'd have him in the top five alongside Brereton and the back three. 

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Sadly, Lowe did have his own fan club on here. Which resulted in an unnecessary amount of debate about a player who was obviously a hard worker but even more obviously shit.

Fortunately Buckley works hard AND is an excellent footballer so at least that won't happen again.😉

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Accusations of passive-aggressive from the chap who dismissed others as 'Buckley lovers' and 'face savers'. Topped-off with a passive-aggressive laughing emoji. Oh dear. 

Buckley 'not in top 5 performers last season'. More unsubstantiated nonsense. 

We'll leave it there, you don't enough sense for this to be worth continuing. 

Kaminski

Lenihan

Van Hecke

Wharton

Nyambe

Rothwell

Travis (Debatable as had a poor season imo)

BBD

All performed better than Buckley last season...you disagree?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Clubs circling around to take Keinan Davis on a loan. He would add unreal value to us if we could do it. Probably end up at Boro

Absolutely bullied us at Ewood. As good as Van Hecke was, he did have a small number of games where he looked like fish out of water and one of those was when he came up against Davis. 

3 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As I said. "Universally panned" apparently. I think an apology is in order ☺️

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I refer back to that post now because it’d be easy for me to gloat but the opinion I expressed on Buckley wasn’t even mine…

In context, I’d been told from a member of the coaching team that Buckley was the gem of the academy and someone they believed was destined for stardom. We played a night game and Buckley played. I was a guest at the game of a friend of mine and got speaking to a scout in the lounge at half time. It turned out he and a couple of other PL scouts had been alerted to the fact he was starting that night and had turned up to watch him…fwiw, I couldn’t see why!? But when I pushed a bit harder it turned out that the club knew he was (still is) being circled by PL clubs because he’s a special player and that’s when THEY said it would take “8 figures” to take him from Rovers at that time.

They think Adam Wharton and Ash Phillips are very special too. Harry Leonard the other one to watch!

Leonard looked quality in his brief cameo during the pre-season. Better than Vale.

Don't we have a LB that's highly rated too?