BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A class act, especially in his time at Stoke. When he lost that bit of pace you need to play up front he dropped back into midfield and ran the show. Only good players can do that.

I agree he was class at Stoke. Captain wasn't he?

Much potential unrealised with us imo.

Would woke into our team now though, tremendous shot on him.

22 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mike England, the best centre half I ever saw play in the flesh. An awesome player

Different situation though. Awesome so had to go once we were relegated. We sold Pickering, for example, when we were top of the 1st Division.

But, yes, I agree, best centre-half I ever saw. And that includes Bobby Moore by a mile!

Fairly certain Ben will be staying. Just can't see any PL side gambling their PL survival on an untested at that level player. Especially in that he plays in a sort of niche role.

Look how Arma turned out. Can't get a game (or a goal) and hauled off at HT yesterday.

Nobody was even taking a gamble on Mitrovic last season. Nothing to suggest anybody is seriously looking at Ben imo.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

I agree he was class at Stoke. Captain wasn't he?

Much potential unrealised with us imo.

Would woke into our team now though, tremendous shot on him.

A sign of the times spoonerism there... lol

5 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Seems teams are interested but dont want to pay us. But after that goal vs swansea I think some club might be willing to pull trigger.

Plus teams will lose players to injury(like Everton with Lewin), need a goal threat etc.

With some of the fees paid for other players this window think it more likely some team will come in meeting our valuation before the window closes.

Be a shame if he does go as we won't be signing a threat as good as him with budget we are likely to have for a replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CambridgeRover said:

Seems teams are interested but dont want to pay us. But after that goal vs swansea I think some club might be willing to pull trigger.

Likewise, Blackburn will probably hold firm on their valuation.

West Ham bought Maxwell Cornet and Scamacca - leaves them out as an interested party.

Sevilla tried their 10 million bid - but have not bought any other strikes this window. They had Martial on loan from January, whom did well, and would probably want a new striker.

Everton though looks a bit thin on strikers.

• Like 1

Problem with selling bb is replacing him, the market we are swimming in is very minute for these reasons, and a few that these obstacles probably rules out 

- under 28 for selling on potential

- not recently just moved clubs (Woodrow, Gayle)

- work permits for any non British players 

- physically ready for championship to plug and play (nisbet)

- can run with the ball and a bit of pace , we already have the other style in gallagher 

- under 10 mill I’d imagine (Davis) 

- prem players willing to drop a level 

- championship teams willing to sell to a rival 

so when you look at the market it’s going to be very hard to replace without really damaging our team. Said before the two I’d look at would be adebayo and Gyökeres, would they be out of our range- possibly, but I’d be asking the question 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 47er said:

Different situation though. Awesome so had to go once we were relegated. We sold Pickering, for example, when we were top of the 1st Division.

But, yes, I agree, best centre-half I ever saw. And that includes Bobby Moore by a mile!

England would fit right in with todays football. As well as being a colossus of a defender he was a great footballer with a terrific passing range off either foot.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Problem with selling bb is replacing him, the market we are swimming in is very minute for these reasons, and a few that these obstacles probably rules out 

- under 28 for selling on potential

- not recently just moved clubs (Woodrow, Gayle)

- work permits for any non British players 

- physically ready for championship to plug and play (nisbet)

- can run with the ball and a bit of pace , we already have the other style in gallagher 

- under 10 mill I’d imagine (Davis) 

- prem players willing to drop a level 

- championship teams willing to sell to a rival 

so when you look at the market it’s going to be very hard to replace without really damaging our team. Said before the two I’d look at would be adebayo and Gyökeres, would they be out of our range- possibly, but I’d be asking the question 

Birmancevic at Malmö a possibility? Not a direct replacement though. Malmö did not manage to get further into CL qualification.

Interesting to hear JDT's comments after the game, especially about Hedges. He says Hedges is intelligent so wants him central when we are defending and don't have the ball. Perhaps another nail in the Dack comeback coffin? 

JDT also says the front 4 can go where they want when we are attacking. 

I would still like to see Bowler come in. I think he'd add another dimension to our attacking. 

Wonder if Markanday is not fancied by JDT or if is still not fit?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its dead simple, break the wage structure, offer him a new deal worth £40k+ with a buy out clause above £17m.

Letting players walk for nothing is an absolute disgrace for a club in our position, its criminal. 

You break it for him, you break it for everyone. Besides which, he still wouldn’t sign, why would he if he’s confident of getting top flight interest in England or abroad. All he’s doing is limiting his options in the long term.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

You break it for him, you break it for everyone. Besides which, he still wouldn’t sign, why would he if he’s confident of getting top flight interest in England or abroad. All he’s doing is limiting his options in the long term.

Exactly this. We need to hope that BBD and his agent don't want to risk serious injury in running down his contract and press for a move before the deadline.

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

Its dead simple, break the wage structure, offer him a new deal worth £40k+ with a buy out clause above £17m.

Letting players walk for nothing is an absolute disgrace for a club in our position, its criminal. 

Do we have to break the wage structure though ? Don't we just offer a lucrative sign on fee ? We get that back when we either go up or sell him on under contract.

• Like 1

The burning issue is that BBD is untested as a PL forward and much like Armstrong has found it will be a huge step up. That’s why teams are not throwing everything to get him ! Another 2 seasons at our level with good scoring record will see him get his move 

• Like 3

Imagine what a fit & committed BBD could do this year? It would be great if we could keep him!

from the signs of the first 2 games this team has the ability to challenge for play offs. The biggest problem is strength in depth which will be our downfall if we don't add to the ranks!

Van hecke feels like a no brainer, we clearly need something new at left back but I have no idea who we should go for.

After that, a couple to pad out the squad & I'll be very happy with this summer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

They'd probably get away with 25k seeing as he's allegedly on less than half that given the 'flex' deal he was signed on.

Unless that was lies of course which wouldn't surprise.