BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 hour ago, oneandycrawford said:

At the time my dad was fuming about Speedie / Shearer! He'd been away seeing family and hadn't seen any of the early games for Shearer and I was arguing with him about the merits of the signing. First game my dad saw Shearer play was Norwich at home. At half-time he turned to me with a big grin on his face and the words 'he'll do'! It wasn't so much the chipped goal - more the way Shearer ran through their centre-half twice to set up Wegerle's goals.

There was never any doubt about Shearer's quality but I still maintain we could and should have kept hold of Speedie. Imagine him and Newell rekindling their partnership after Shearer's injury in that 1992/93 season. We would have won the league and Fergie would have been sacked. A real sliding doors moment that one.  

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Dunno if it's the best idea to be brutally honest. Will be 22 with no senior appearances by the time he is eligible again. Ligament injuries can make a player regress too.

That said, probably won't cost enough to affect anything at all in the grand scheme of things. And suppose he could still come good. I do feel sorry for the lad with the timing.

• Like 1

I don’t want to say this (or for it to happen) but the thought just occurred to me…

BBD to ManUre? They’re apparently looking all over the shop. As a wide forward he might not exactly fit what they’re looking for, but it’s just crazy enough to fit into their basket case logic.

6 hours ago, benhben said:

Not rovers related but West ham have agreed to sell their striker Vlasic to Torino for £15m. Never heard of this guy and don't remember ever seeing him play last year but they only signed him last summer for £30 million. 

Goes to show the crazy money prem clubs are willing to pay and the losses they can make. 

Everton interested in the Coventry forward Gyorkes. If anyone comes in for BBD it will be them imo.

Yeah, Timo Werner has gone back to Germany for £25m,  2 years after Chelski signed him for £45m. 

• Like 2

Van Hecke deal unlikely to happen, and if it does it looks like it will be later in the window. 

The player has family illness problems back home in Netherlands and is considering his options, including a possible move back to Eredivisie. 

36 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

I don’t want to say this (or for it to happen) but the thought just occurred to me…

BBD to ManUre? They’re apparently looking all over the shop. As a wide forward he might not exactly fit what they’re looking for, but it’s just crazy enough to fit into their basket case logic.

they interested in sarr from watford apparently,he is definately good enough for the premier league

5 hours ago, Mike E said:

Do I remember he actually took a while to really bed in properly, ie: For other players to get up to his brain speed?

I seem to remember a lot of 'Tugay passing to his invisible friend' up to the end of the Worthy Cup season.

I remember that! Do you also remember when he had a bad run of form after cutting his hair? He lost his powers for a little while like Samson 😂

• Like 3

• Backroom
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

I remember that! Do you also remember when he had a bad run of form after cutting his hair? He lost his powers for a little while like Samson 😂

YES! Then he got it back with a 40-yarder Vs Reading. Still looks odd seeing that goal with short hair!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rover23 said:

Van Hecke deal unlikely to happen, and if it does it looks like it will be later in the window. 

The player has family illness problems back home in Netherlands and is considering his options, including a possible move back to Eredivisie. 

That's a shame for the lad. 

Hoping someone points out that you can fly to the Netherlands from either Liverpool or Manchester in 40 minutes.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Has to be a CB.

It does amuse me that he keeps saying ask Gregg when he knows full well Gregg isn't going to do any interviews until the window shuts (apart from talking about a new signing when it happens probably). Cheeky chappy is our JDT.

Interestingly he also said we lost 8 and only brought 3 in and we’re looking to improve all over the pitch.