BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Here is some highlights of Sepp Van Der Berg time at PNE for anyone who isn't familiar with the player like myself. 

Sepp van den Berg vs Huddersfield - YouTube

Sepp Van Den Berg - Talented and Versatile - YouTube

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Hopefully if there is truth in the story, we can get it over the line to have him involved at the weekend.

Why wouldn't they been any truth in it? 

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I also have seen suggestions that he didn't join Burnley because they wanted a penalty clause if he made less than 30 appearances, I would strongly oppose anything like that.

What suggestions? 

I seen an article that suggests that JDT has personal spoken to the player in order to convince him to come here, Blackburn Rovers Moving To Hijack Burnley's Swoop For Star (insidefutbol.com)

20 minutes ago, phili said:

I think the plan is to bring in 2cb's, one permanently and one on loan.

I think after that we still need a LB, a striker and a right side forward to replace Gallagher.

From what has been reported it appears we want 2 centre backs. 

After I think we sign one more player. 

6 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

.......... because it's Nixon 

You don't learn

Same old Jim, you never change ever. Always on the wrong side of the argument 

Nixon was right on Brittain and Morton transfers wasn't he? Oh yes. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Fly a kite 100 times and it's bound to be take off once

Nixon's a grubby online hack who wasn't good enough to get a proper job in journalism.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He also said Van Den Berg was going to Burnley and has now done a u-turn on that! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Calling a journalist who you have never met by a nickname as is often the case is a little peculiar.

I was convinced for the longest time that Nicko was the personification of the boards collective drive and desire for news of signings.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

He also said Van Den Berg was going to Burnley and has now done a u-turn on that! 

And if you read what I have posted today that JDT has personal spoken to player to convince him to come here. On the Burnley link they did want him but they have 4 centre backs in their squad already, so unsure where he fits into the set up and playing time. How many more do they need

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I also think the Morton deal had long since broke before he got onto it.

Calling a journalist who you have never met by a nickname as is often the case is a little peculiar.

I think you find he was the one to break it but we are going off discussing transfers and whether they would be good signing here. 

Also where and who has suggestion that Burnley pulled out of the deal cos of problems over penalty clauses? 

15 minutes ago, Butty said:

Hedges his bets does Nicko. He's bound to be right once. He's a classic hacking online kite-flier. None of the nationals would give him a job

• Like 4

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because Van Den Berg was so good at this level last season, if we did get him then it presumably wouldnt be to do anything but get a good level of game time, especially with other teams interested. So even if we assume an injury to Ayala, that second permanent centre back would have Wharton and Van Den Berg to get past so I couldnt see it being a real marquee signing.

I would also say that a second centre back is less urgent than another central midfielder and a striker.

I dont think from what I have read that Tomasson played a 3 at Malmo.

JDT has switched us to 3 CBs a couple of times already. I think at the very least it is his 'plan B'.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

It's surprising there's any of you left who Nixon hasn't blocked yet, absolute big baby unless you hang on his every word as being gospel

The trick is not to engage with him - just follow. It's a source of information (however credible). 

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

JDT has switched us to 3 CBs a couple of times already. I think at the very least it is his 'plan B'.

Unless he did it last night (I wasn't at the match) he's done it once this season, but yes he played with 3 CBs at Malmo on occasion too. I think he likes the flexibility.

He dropped to 3 at the back to shut down Swansea towards the end of that game. 

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Yeah, because they're not good enough unfortunately, easier to hide their weaknesses

Edited by Tricky