BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

17 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

It seems to me that many clubs won’t deal with us or even offer us players knowing we’re not even in the market. It would certainly reduce the pool of players we can potentially sign and probably explains why we’ve only signed lower league players so far

Rovers have gone rogue. We're the North Korea of football clubs.

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I agree on Ayala, I wouldn't want him anywhere near a cup game for example. 

I wouldn't be sending Carter on loan personally, I don't see what he gains from it. He's played at the top League 1 every week, if he can't play midtable Championship occasionally then we've failed him. I wouldn't want someone coming in ahead of Carter because it's a short term solution, if the rumours of Sepp requiring a minimum number of games are true for example then we'd essentially be developing their talent instead of ours. 

I'd be ok with the Dutch lad from Liverpool and loan Phillips out in Jan if he's not getting any game time.

Carter needs to be in the rotation or sold at this point in his career.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I would not oppose to a new left back but Pickering certainly isnt woeful. He was very steady in the first 3 games and has been no worse than Brittain in the last 2.

Pickering has been doing the basics wrong for a while. 

He is one of the reasons we invite so much pressure onto ourselves when playing out from the back. 

He receives the ball facing the GK and centre backs with only one place to play the pass, back into danger. He never opens up his body to play forward. It invites so much pressure onto the back line, even when he’s not directly at fault for goals he is indirectly. 

The lad also has a nose bleed every time he gets past the halfway line and prefers a safe pass down the line to a player with his back to goal or inside to Travis/Buckley who just recycle it. 

BBD is getting doubled up on and needs a fullback behind him who’s going to under/overlap to take one of the defenders away. The one time Pickering did that on Saturday he cut the ball back into the box and created a chance, then he reverted back to type. 

A new LB is a priority. Said it all last season. 

• Like 9

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

I'd be ok with the Dutch lad from Liverpool and loan Phillips out in Jan if he's not getting any game time.

I'd be happy with that as well, if the plan is to loan Phillips out then Sepp coming in to fight it out with Carter for third choice sounds good for all parties. 

Think there is more chance of me playing for Rovers this season than us going into the market and signing another LB who is going to play ahead of Pickering and Edun. The Club has recently paid fees for both of them two, that investment won't be dislodged.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, J*B said:

I think he's done OK, he's only just turned 17. We're asking a lot of him, I'd have no problems with him being fourth choice and developing further but I wouldn't want him starting every week as he will make errors - like any 17 year old would - and I don't know how his confidence will hold up if those errors keep happening. 

It's been a big ask for the lad.  But for a player that's only just turned 17, in a team with a non existent midfield, he's done ok. 

He now needs taking out the firing line.  The experience will have done him no harm and he's only going to get stronger physically - if he's anything about him, he'll also have learnt a lot.  

6 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Think there is more chance of me playing for Rovers this season than us going into the market and signing another LB who is going to play ahead of Pickering and Edun. The Club has recently paid fees for both of them two, that investment won't be dislodged.

They pissing 20m a season who cares...?  They both need to go

35 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The word will be out among the clubs about what Rovers can or can’t pay and the messy way we do our business. It seems to me that many clubs won’t deal with us or even offer us players knowing we’re not even in the market. It would certainly reduce the pool of players we can potentially sign and probably explains why we’ve only signed lower league players so far

Yep.  Only get harder if Diaz leaves as well.  Can't get away with crying poverty if you've just trousered £15 million.

All recruitment (including his replacement) should be done before he leaves. 

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

That has to be absolute nonsense surely. What's the point from the Club's  point of view of allowing him to sign a deal that lets him move out on loan at more or less any given point?

It gets him under contract which puts the club in the position of deciding if and when he leaves, and for what fee, rather than him walking at the end of the season and the club at the mercy of a tribunal regarding his fee.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Obvious to anyone....he's staying until his contract ends.

Simply got to be moved on this window. We're not genuinely expecting to challenge for promotion this season so we have to cash in and reinvest in strengthening the squad now. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, TheRevAshton said:

image.png.4595c7d3e67c68c718ad80c06014f3e7.png

If we sell Diaz this window then we’ll need three more strikers in the next ten days.

If we don’t sell him we’ll be throwing millions away.

Please nobody mention Gallagher. If he was a striker he’d be playing there now.

Its a huge mess.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Pickering and Edun are imo two poor signings made by the previous administration and in an ideal world both would be replaced by one decent player.

Then again in an ideal world Gallagher would also be replaced by a half decent option and he won't be either.

It's going to be hard to move forward with such a glaring lack of quality in certain positions.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Probably an indication that we can't afford them.  

we probably could afford both but given that Bowler is linked with Forest and Fulham, a deal for us seems unlikely. No point wasting time on it. 

On Styles, maybe he not fancy by our management team. 

Rovers need between 4 to 6 depending who is posted and if our budget left is around 6 million then I'm not sure we can spend 3 mil plus on one player surely. 

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

When he wants to leave is irrelevant. If he isn’t signing a new deal — which is his choice and one we’re absolutely fucking stupid to have allowed to get to this point — then he MUST be sold. 

If he doesn't want to go before the summer - that's the end of it. We can't make him.

If we don't get anyone else decent in first then for me he must NOT be sold anyway.

And if he is we need 2 strikers - (edited) which seeing as we currently can't seem to get anyone whatsoever in in any position seems an extremely big ask.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

22 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

As others have said, depends on whether JDT wants to play 2 or 3cb.  

Wharton and Ayala have done nothing wrong this season so should keep the shirt initially, regardless of who comes in. Carter should be cover.  The young lad should be 5th choice.  Should still get a few games or more if we play with a 3. Don't need 2 centrebacks coming in  IMO. 

• Like 1