BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

The bit I don't like is JDT don't have a say on who we sign. If he is not accountable for signings, then how can he be accountable for results.

I know this happens in Europe, but all our eggs are in GB who is unproven at providing first team players for a championship club.

Just to clear up the £10 million budget, I got this from the club at board level.

• Like 8

Really starting to think Dack is fcuked. It's obvious he wasn't gonna be the Dack of old but Im starting to think he's not even gonna be 50%. What a shame, cruel game but he clearly isn't fancied at all now. Can't help but feel he's only semi involved as he has a contract. Another body down.

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I've wondered for a while about the Szmodics signing. Hard to believe that he would have been top of JDT's wish list when he arrived here having previously managed in foreign climes.

Got turned down for the Hibs job partly because of his lack of knowledge of UK transfer market according to that👇

Jon Dahl Tomasson's Hibs wage demands 'priced him out' of job with board concerned by UK transfer market knowledge - Football Scotland

• Moderation Lead
38 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

People getting worked up about Broughton not giving interviews for some reason but I don't see Directors of Football at other clubs doing so ; it's not part of the job spec and potential transfer and loan deals should be kept confidential if you want them to go through.

No, it isn’t. But it is a bit frustrating that JDT is asking the press to ask Greg, but Greg is missing in action and not taking questions. This setup isn’t something we’ve had before, it’s typically been the manager being in charge of all of this transfer stuff. Not outsourcing it to someone else…

13 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Really agree with this... we have so many number 10s. Why did we sign someone who may be a decent prospect, or someone we can develop, but we have already at least three other players in the same bracket (Buckley, Dolan, Markanday) as well as an experienced proven player (Dack).

For once we have bought in a replacement before actually losing a player. I don’t think Dack is fancied for some unfathomable reason.

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He say he was a striker with pressing qualities for example then its down to GB and the recruitment to compile a shortlist depending on budget then JDT and GB pick their first choice to go after signing them

Yes, so he doesn't choose the shortlist. 

And he doesn't say what you've just said in the interview you linked. Where does he say it?

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

1 minute ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Got turned down for the Hibs job partly because of his lack of knowledge of UK transfer market according to that👇

Jon Dahl Tomasson's Hibs wage demands 'priced him out' of job with board concerned by UK transfer market knowledge - Football Scotland

Partly my point, he isn't going to know who Szmodics was from Adam.

2 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

One season in 5 and he comes good expecting the world at his feet! Young BBD has a few lessons to learn in the life of a footballer

Yeah I was thinking of saying that but it's pointless isn't it. If ever there was a case of showing a shred of decency and respect this would be the one. Not gonna happen though. 

3 minutes ago, den said:

It was said that JDT would have the final say on transfers though.

I can’t believe that he wouldn’t. 

Agree Den, even for this dysfunctional set up it would be a bit of a stretch for JDT not to have the final say on a particular transfer.

On another note, SKY have been very very naughty and are reporting something which is 9 months old regarding Brereton.

He has not asked to leave the club, yes he does not want to entertain a new deal, but that has been the stance since November last year.

This has created mass hysteria and if anything done some irreparable damage to the players reputation 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Interesting that he basically says he has no input into the signings. He doesn't even choose them according to that. 

That really is worrying. Until the new Head of Recruitment arrives we are relying on the judgement of a DOF who is wet behind the ears and who has been working abroad.

• Like 2

Just read the JDT interview.

Alarm bells ringing (or he wouldn't say it).

Comparison to the  good job done by the DOF at Malmo.... compared to DOF Gregg. Clearly a big tension here.

Basically managing our expectations... the towel has already been thrown in on this transition season. Vindication to those not buying STs.

Nothing to see here. Might aswell fast forward to this time next year to save 4000 pages, lots of pain, frustration, money and arguments.

If he walks I wouldn't be at all surprised. We all know the problem is the owners.

• Like 1

Just now, glen9mullan said:

On another note, SKY have been very very naughty and are reporting something which is 9 months old regarding Brereton.

He has not asked to leave the club, yes he does not want to entertain a new deal, but that has been the stance since November last year.

This has created mass hysteria and if anything done some irreparable damage to the players reputation 

If he won’t sign a new contract, then he wants leave.

No?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

One season in 5 and he comes good expecting the world at his feet! Young BBD has a few lessons to learn in the life of a footballer

Why, what's he done wrong, has kept his head down, has performed fairly well, hasn't sulked, and hasn't publicly demanded a move.

What more do you want from him - other than obviously sign a contract which it is his prerogative not to.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

No, it isn’t. But it is a bit frustrating that JDT is asking the press to ask Greg, but Greg is missing in action and not taking questions. This setup isn’t something we’ve had before, it’s typically been the manager being in charge of all of this transfer stuff. Not outsourcing it to someone else…

JDT was appointed manager after Greg became DOF - quite possibly it was Greg who got him the job. But surely JDT would have known the score regarding transfers before accepting the job ? It was up to him to clear up the situation in the job interviews.

• Like 1

Just now, den said:

If he won’t sign a new contract, then he wants leave.

No?

Its been like this since last season, its not new news. Prior to last season we were even considering loaning him out.

Football works both ways

It wasnt working, then its clicked, however a new contract is something he didnt want to entertain last season.

Its been widely accepted by most that we'd struggle to tie him down to another deal, and its always been a case of selling him for £20 plus, or let the contract run down.

Personally i'd sell and reinvest the lot, however as we showed with Armstrong, they'd cock it up and end up with no-one

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The reason he probably doesn't want to leave now  is that if he waits until summer his new Club will be able to pay him a lot more by way of wage and/or signing on fee because they don't have to pay a fee for him.

'He probably'? You've no actual reason to think it then, just the notion you present here. If he waits until summer, there's no guarantee his stock won't have dropped, interested clubs moved to other targets or a major injury be suffered. He could as easily end up with a lot less from his wage offer. He will also have just spent a year earning the relative pittance we will be paying him compared to what any Prem side would pay him right now.

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, Mashed Potatoes said:

JDT was appointed manager after Greg became DOF - quite possibly it was Greg who got him the job. But surely JDT would have known the score regarding transfers before accepting the job ? It was up to him to clear up the situation in the job interviews.

I agree, but that has nothing to do with what I was saying.

If JDT keeps asking us to ask Greg, then either, Greg needs to put his head above the parapet, or instead, JDT needs to say, when there’s something to update you with, we will.

• Like 2