BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 hours ago, Mellor Rover said:

Middlesbrough averaged 22k last season at home, we averaged 13.5k. You can't spend money you don't have Gav!

Can Gibson afford to put the maximum allowable under FFP every season into the Club without even  blinking like Venky's?

And does he? Genuine question  The differential in income between 22.5 k fans and 13k fans doesn't seem that great to me.

• Like 2

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Caulker’s reputation amongst English fans is damaged by his performances during a period of struggling with addiction, since then his career has turned upwards in Turkey and he’s been sober for 3 years, clearly a player with experience, ability and a point to prove, get behind him.

Goes without saying that people would get behind him if signed same with any player, in fact I think the Ewood crowd have often been very patient.

Questioning it when linked doesn’t change that 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Can Gibson afford to put the maximum allowable under FFP every season into the Club without even  blinking like Venky's?

And does he? Genuine question  The differential in income between 22.5 k fans and 13k fans doesn't seem that great to me.

Boro also had the privilege of being able to sell their second choice right back for around £15mil

4 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Wouldn’t say much weaker that’s for sure

You have to be kidding.

Lenihan and JPVH v Hyam and Caulker.

And all this crapola spoken in general about how the reason there'd been no signings was that we had to take a bit longer to ensure we got "the right sort of quality" in.

Absolute joke.

• Like 5

Think If we’re going to compare the squad we finished last summer with and then squad we finish this summer with we need to consider perspective, how how was JPVH perceived Sep 1st 2021? If I were to do a H2H squad comparison of how confident I’d be in the squad we finish this window with to how confident I was in the squad we finished last window with I’d expect it to overwhelmingly favour this season.

6 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Let's say we bring in Hyam and Caulker.  Are we stronger than last year?

Nope. 

Rothwell - Szmodics

Nyambe/Zeefuik - Brittain  

Lenihan - Hyam 🤷‍♂️ 

Khadra - no replacement

Van Hecke - Caulker

B Johnson - Morton 🤷‍♂️ 

Davenport - Garrett/Wharton - probably better. 

Certainly no better, quite possibly worse. 

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You have to be kidding.

Lenihan and JPVH v Hyam and Caulker.

And all this crapola spoken in general about how the reason there'd been no signings was that we had to take a bit longer to ensure we got "the right sort of quality" in.

Absolute joke.

I’d be more confident in 

Wharton, Ayala, Caulker, Hyam, Carter, Phillips as our defensive options than I would’ve been in Lenihan, Ayala, Van Hecke, Wharton, Carter this time last year 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rover23 said:

Nope. 

Rothwell - Szmodics

Nyambe/Zeefuik - Brittain  

Lenihan - Hyam 🤷‍♂️ 

Khadra - no replacement

Van Hecke - Caulker

B Johnson - Morton 🤷‍♂️ 

Davenport - Garrett/Wharton - probably better. 

Certainly no better, quite possibly worse. 

Rothwell - not replaced - Szmodics totally different type of player and worse anyway

Nyambe - early days but possibly the only half decent bit of business In the window. No worse.

Lenihan - not replaced - Coventry lad possibly a downgrade IF he comes which is probably doubtful anyway

JPVH - not replaced - Caulker- you must be joking

Khedra - not replaced

Poveda - not replaced

Johnson/Davenport  - Morton might be a slight upgrade but none appear to be first choice picks

Giles/Zeefuick - not replaced

If we were deliberately trying to mess up the transfer window we couldn't be doing a better job.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Confidence now compared to confidence this time last season 

defence - more confident 

midfield - similarly confident 

attack - more confident 

Wow.

Just wow.

I'm not going to make the obvious insinuation as I'll just earn myself another short ban

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

Depending on who the 3/4 incomings are I think we’ll probably finish the window just as strong as we finished last summer, don’t see any reason why we can’t compete for playoffs, all a test of how good JDT really is

Isn't the idea to be stronger than the previous season?

So if this squad doesn't finish 8th or higher, then it's down to the manager?

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Finlay McKenna said:

I’d be more confident in 

Wharton, Ayala, Caulker, Hyam, Carter, Phillips as our defensive options than I would’ve been in Lenihan, Ayala, Van Hecke, Wharton, Carter this time last year 

April 1 was many months ago

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Brereton isn't a winger, he's a wide forward, same with Markanday I believe. 

Didnt think we play with wingers. Not in the true sense of the word anyway. We have a flexible attacking front 4 which is what JDT says he wants

Edited by Tugayisgod

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Rothwell - not replaced - Szmodics totally different type of player and worse anyway

Nyambe - early days but possibly the only half decent bit of business In the window. No worse.

Lenihan - not replaced - Coventry lad possibly a downgrade IF he comes which is probably doubtful anyway

JPVH - not replaced - Caulker- you must be joking

Khedra - not replaced

Poveda - not replaced

Johnson/Davenport  - Morton might be a slight upgrade but none appear to be first choice picks

Giles/Zeefuick - not replaced

If we were deliberately trying to mess up the transfer window we couldn't be doing a better job.

Rothwell - Dack

Poveda - Hedges 

Khadra - Markanday 

Giles - Pickering 

zeefuik - all Round pointless addition 

The narrative we aren’t replacing players blatantly ignores internal replacements 

Not sure what to make of this Celta Vigo link for BBD, but surely having multiple teams submit bids is only going to increase the sales price.  We all knew he was likely to be sold this summer and it's in the best interest to get the business done now as opposed to deadline day.  

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Plus the financial jiggery poker with the training ground. 

Can't do it more than once but it should have freed up funds this time round.

As long as we dont have matched behind closes doors due to a global pandemic, we shouldn't have the need again.