BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

21 minutes ago, 47er said:

Boro signed Matt Clarke for the same, who did best?

Don't know iv already said iv rarely seen Hyam.Have you seen much of him? 

Matt Clarke will be on a lot more money than Hyam coming from a premier league club that has to be factored in aswell. 

Comparing him with Hyam as they play same position.

Edited by islander200

1 hour ago, SuperBrfc said:

It looks like we're at the 'Dack, Hedges and Markanday are like new signings' stage with some. Add to that a wishful thought that the youngsters can step up and there you have it. We're actually stronger than last season, most of the 12 that left were crap anyway, and we don't need that many signings.

The club's PR done for them, the owners and their middlemen smiling from ear to ear. See you all in January for more of the same.

Hang on, weren't you amongst those predicting a lower half finish / relegation battle this season a few weeks back? If not, I'm certain you weren't expecting 3 wins from the first 5 games, yet here we are with a good chance to make that 4 in 6 this aft.

It's a start to the season that all of us would've taken in July. Early days I know, but I think the negatives of a slow transfer window & past experiences of mismanagement under TM & Co (admittedly with the owners & SW still in place) are unfairly over inflated on here, as is possibly some of the optimism / hope that I tend to side with (it makes life more bearable!).

I'm not brainwashed, I'm realistic. I don't expect promotion this year as no one has said that's the do-or-die aim since the new structure & management team came in. This season however does lend itself so far to the belief that the league is more open than ever, so let hope win over despair I say!

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Markanday was 15 minutes I think? The boy comes with Europa League/Champions League experience (cant remember). 

15 mins in a Conference League group stage game. 

Though after Clarkson arrived last summer with ‘Champions League experience’ for Liverpool and then went on to look like a lost kid on the pitch, I wouldn’t read too much into stuff like that.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, frosty said:

15 mins in a Conference League group stage game. 

Though after Clarkson arrived last summer with ‘Champions League experience’ for Liverpool and then went on to look like a lost kid on the pitch, I wouldn’t read too much into stuff like that.

No but the fact spurs wanted him to sign a new contract and that he was being involved with the first team suggests he has something about him 

• Backroom

I’m not really interested in how many left and are replaced but let’s not forget even if we replaced them all we were still lacking at the end of last season after not improving in January so we’d still want a couple extra in 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Re that in bold - Do you understand the point of spending 5m or whatever it is a year for an academy? 

Now why come out with that bollocks everyone knows it's 3 million a year at least half funded by grants.

1 hour ago, unsall said:

Think another 3/4 decent signings will be ok, Sharp from the LT got it right, signing 6/7 new signings plus Dack, Markanday who couldn’t play last season plus Vale and the academy lads Philips, A Wharton. Garret can step up.

For some bizarre reason you do not recognise FFP and never have done, thankful the new management know we have to develop the kids and either use them or sell for decent money.

Most people know next season it’s 90% wages to turnover and 2 years after 70%, we have to comply, your strategy is sh#t or bust. Bit like Mel Morris at Derby, went drastically wrong, you would splash out, give ridiculous wage increases to existing staff and hope for the best, I’m all for getting promotion but not at all costs, need to get the right players in who are good enough to step in the side and hopefully in the next few days they will do.

Ah so we are back on the 'shit or bust' talk just because I want and think we need more than 3 more signings.

Doesn't take much to get onto that line does it?

There is absolutely no evidence that signing 5 or 6 rather than 3 would cause any issue with FFP. You seem to equate a desire for more signings to be the same as gambling the future or risking FFP problems. That is nonsense.

The wage bill has been demolished over the last 12 months. There should be plenty of scope there to bring more signings in.

Typical though isn't it. Wanting a few more signings to add depth and competition, essential for a competitive Championship side, is being portrayed as risky, dangerous, unworkable and potentially taking us to Derby territory. Ludicrous.

Makes me laugh. You appear grateful to the 'management' for their 'strategy' and can talk about turnover and FFP keeping a straight face without recognising the very same management have allowed £10 million in assets to walk this summer for £0 and have also forced us into a corner on Armstrong and Brereton due to expiring deals. You can't have it both ways - if you applaud the management for an academy focused approach and managing a FFP tightrope you can't then accept what has happened this summer with Nyambe and Lenihan. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You couldn't possibly know that considering Hyam, Caulker and Morton have yet to play in the Championship for Rovers. 

Thank for proving the point though that you and a few others write players off that Rovers sign even when you don't know anything about them. 

You couldn't possibly know they will be better considering Hyam, Caulker and Morton have yet to play in the Championship for Rovers. 

Thank for proving the point though that you and a few others hype up players that Rovers sign even when you don't know anything about them. 

56 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Don't know iv already said iv rarely seen Hyam.Have you seen much of him? 

Matt Clarke will be on a lot more money than Hyam coming from a premier league club that has to be factored in aswell. 

Comparing him with Hyam as they play same position.

I know which one Boro went for!!

People seem fixated with suggesting that we could have as much depth as last year, a season in which we didn't have enough depth!

Even so, that includes players like Vale and Phillips who aren't ready at this standard, and internal promotions like Buckley for Rothwell whereby all that does is means that Buckley then needs replacing.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

People seem fixated with suggesting that we could have as much depth as last year, a season in which we didn't have enough depth!

Even so, that includes players like Vale and Phillips who aren't ready at this standard, and internal promotions like Buckley for Rothwell whereby all that does is means that Buckley then needs replacing.

We have Dack and Szmodic for the role Buckley played last season.

And Hedges is playing a role this season he didn't last season.

Iv said myself would prefer more than another 3 in but if we don't get them don't think it is a total disaster like seems to be suggested.

We have hardly any external income we can't afford to carry a squad of 20-25 with players of similar quality .

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

We have hardly any external income we can't afford to carry a squad of 20-25 with players of similar quality .

You mean external income like profits from player trading?

£15 million for AA last summer.

Probably the same again this for BBD 

£10 million flushed away this summer from free agents walking away 

Failing to accept good money for Rothwell in January.

How much more external income can we hope for?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

AA was a net £10m after  Newcastle took their cut.

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You know that external income goes to cover losses right? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JHRover said:

When we were second in the league and if we had  sold Rothwell I can nearly guarantee you would have been on here going mad at the club for "cashing in" to a direct rival with our best chance of promotion in years .

I'm of the opinion money was available last January it just wasn't spent.

When we bought Brererton, Gallagher, Armstrong and all the other players brought in during Mowbrays reign what paid for them?

So far this summer money spent on Brittain and Szmodic for more than the million quid you reckon.

Also agreed a fee for Hyam suggestions could be £2.5 million.

So money is being spent and no we can't afford to run a 20-25 man squad of players of similar quality 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

And? Boro's record in the transfer market is impeccable is it?

Not sure what point your trying to make?

Boro signing Clarke doesn't mean he is a better player than Hyam

Well it doesn't prove anything. its indicative though.

25 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

Who are currently 23rd in the league with the most goals conceded so I wouldn't be thinking they are the grail we should be looking at with jealousy

We could be 23rd in the League based on the last 2 results! Bit early for those sorts of conclusions.

Anyway, they didn't have Clarke then did they?!!!