BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I suspect that you will be disappointed on all of those ins unfortunately, but why does this dream window leave us with only Gallagher and Vale as strikers?

Are you choking on your cornflakes because we've (so far) spent £6.5m without a BBD sale yet?

🙂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A team has bid £7.5m for Emil Riis. Would make sense for us to sell Brereton for basically double that and go and get Riis, but I suspect that would not happen under these owners.

I know yeah it's not as if they have ever spent biggish money on a forward before 

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A team has bid £7.5m for Emil Riis. Would make sense for us to sell Brereton for basically double that and go and get Riis, but I suspect that would not happen under these owners.

Boro

11 minutes ago, TruRover said:

Personally not bothered about SVDB. Would be nice to have him as he is a quality player but I also believe Carter is ready for the championship and would like to see him get his chance. 

My hopes for the rest of window would be:

Out: Diaz (15m), Butterworth (loan/perm)

In: Birkimevic (5m), Styles (2m), bowler (3m)

All mentions of this Bowler have 100% come from wishful thinking posts on the forum. 

Personally I've never seen him play, don't even know his position and had never even heard of him until the name started popping up on here

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Are you choking on your cornflakes because we've (so far) spent £6.5m without a BBD sale yet?

🙂

1.5m, 2.5m, 1m, 5m no?

But not the point I was making. If we let Brereton run his contract down, it is negligent. 

But the point you quote is about a specific posters wishes for the rest of the window, which includes signing 3 players that seem to keep re-occuring with little basis and leaving us with 1 striker.

If Brereton stays and we don't sign anyone else permanently, would that be a positive window for you or negative?

4 minutes ago, islander200 said:

I know yeah it's not as if they have ever spent biggish money on a forward before 

Not what I was saying though, is it?

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Club can’t win here can they, don’t get loans and develop our own there’s people on here saying it’s all a conspiracy theory and we aren’t trying to get promoted etc

or we get loans in to improve the current ability and people moan we are not developing our own!

You're right, Club can't win---as 3 games in a row testify. Haven't scored in 3 games either. No wonder fans are not happy.

Not the window we hoped for but the one we invariably get.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

is he a replacement for BBD tho? Played 2 very different positions and Whilst Riis is a very good player at this level and I thought he might be target given that JDT will know him from his Danish national team days. 

I think Veljko Birmančević would be better replacement for BBD positional wise. Then bring in a number 9 striker. 

Unless bbd is sold I'm now just expecting the window to quietly petter for us with maybe just attempts at signing a couple of so so players to fill a couple of squad numbers. 

Even if bbd is sold now I don't think we'll see any serious attempt to replace him in this window

*sorry I'm feeling a little flat about the clubs shenanigans(or lack of) today 😄

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

is he a replacement for BBD tho? Played 2 very different positions and Whilst Riis is a very good player at this level and I thought he might be target given that JDT will know him from his Danish national team days. 

I think Veljko Birmančević would be better replacement for BBD positional wise. Then bring in a number 9 striker. 

Brereton is quite unique is that he is a prolific goalscorer and a left winger. We need a striker either way as Gallagher and Vale is nowhere near enough.

Brereton's departure would leave us needing a left winger AND a goalscorer, but it would be much more likely to get a central striker who can be that goalscorer. So sign Riis and then get a left winger separately.

How many times have you watched BIrmancevic?

Also, Riis has never played for Denmark.

37 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Honestly zero worries if van den berg goes to schalke. We have more than enough at the back aside from left back imo. Need bodies in midfield and up front. Spend the money there

What happens if Brittain gets ruled out long term?

Edit - to answer my own question Carter...

Edited by joey_big_nose

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20829887.blackburn-rovers-withdraw-race-sign-liverpools-sepp-van-den-berg/

That means Rovers are now left with a decision as to whether to look for another option to add to their central defensive ranks, or stick with those at their disposal.

I suspect that 3 signings has now become 2, so 1 more to go. Carter is "like a new signing."

Sharpe has confirmed SVDB not happening. Strange because I was being told weeks ago that the deal was 'all agreed' and we were just waiting on Liverpool deciding when to let him come.

Suspect that is the end of our defensive recruitment. If 3 is the limit of our incomings and we've already got one with Hyam it seemed odd to bring in 2 and only allocate 1 signing to the rest of positions.

If Broughton is correct and Hyam was an option in July, then went cold and was resurrected in the last week then it perhaps makes sense that SVDB was an alternative lined up which now isn't needed.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

What happens if Brittain gets ruled out long term?

We could really use a mr versatile in the team, someone that can come in and do a steady 6 out of 10 job anywhere down the left or right side(and occasionally in the centre)

What's bennet up to these days?😅 Or maybe get Emerton out of retirement. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

Just now, Armchair supporter supremo said:

We could really use a mr versatile in the team, someonr that can come in and do a steady job anywhere down the left or right side(and occasionally in tge centre)

Whats bennet upto these days?😅 Or maybe get Emerton out of retirement. 

Bennett was versatile in that he was equally useless in whatever position he was put in. Suppose Rankin Costello could do that.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

1.5m, 2.5m, 1m, 5m no?

But not the point I was making. If we let Brereton run his contract down, it is negligent. 

But the point you quote is about a specific posters wishes for the rest of the window, which includes signing 3 players that seem to keep re-occuring with little basis and leaving us with 1 striker.

If Brereton stays and we don't sign anyone else permanently, would that be a positive window for you or negative?

Not what I was saying though, is it?

The fees for the players signed are widely reported as £1.5m £2.5m and £2.5m.

Brereton's contract was allowed to run down before this summer. In that respect the horse has already partially bolted as it did with Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell.

If BBD stays and no-one else at all comes in I would say that was less than what was required.

If he stays and we signed a reasonable striker on a permanent basis and someone to offer a genuine threat on the right wing I would say against all the odds what was potentially looking like a disaster  turned into a fairly decent window.