BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton is quite unique is that he is a prolific goalscorer and a left winger. We need a striker either way as Gallagher and Vale is nowhere near enough.

Brereton's departure would leave us needing a left winger AND a goalscorer, but it would be much more likely to get a central striker who can be that goalscorer. So sign Riis and then get a left winger separately.

How many times have you watched BIrmancevic?

Also, Riis has never played for Denmark.

Riis has been part of the Denmark setup through under 21 and other age groups. 7.5 Million for player is 1 goal in 4 games at Championship level and no goals this season in 6 games and 308 minutes played is huge fee and not sure I would take it. 

Looks like we want George Hirst and that deal is close from what was said last night on here. So we need a replacement for BBD positional for the left winger slot

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Riis has been part of the Denmark setup through under 21 and other age groups. 7.5 Million for player is 1 goal in 4 games at Championship level and no goals this season in 6 games and 308 minutes played is huge fee and not sure I would take it. 

Looks like we want George Hirst and that deal is close from what was said last night on here. So we need a replacement for BBD positional for the left winger slot

Anyone put in a sensible bid for BBD that we know of yet?

Strange on not signing SVDB. His cover for RB alone would have been worth it. 

If we aren't signing him, a striker should be top priority.

A young RB who can slot in when Brittain is injured/rested. Developed over the season would be a really wise move, if none of the U23's are up to the task.

A new starting LB, would be cracking.

Hopefully we can get moves for JRC, Butterworth, Edun (maybe?!).

Edited by davulsukur

7 minutes ago, alexanders said:

Ive said it before but I Would like Brendon Williams from Manchester United. Would be a very good signing at LB. Probably quite cheapish. Far down the pecking order at United. 

can play both fullbacks

I'd want him too but I vaguely remember him being linked with some lower PL teams on loan earlier in the window so I wonder whether he'd come to us. Playing both full backs is ideal though. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You're surely not suggesting that Hirst (who has a record of no goals in 32 at Championship level) plus a random left winger would be an adequate replacement for BBD are you chaddy?

27 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray won't have much of say there with transfers. Its down to Speakman and Harvey

Harvey is building his team with a fair few people from his Rovers days joining him. I think with him and Mowbray reunited there’s a good chance some of our players will be on their radar.

Edited by Miller11

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Brereton is quite unique is that he is a prolific goalscorer and a left winger. We need a striker either way as Gallagher and Vale is nowhere near enough.

Brereton's departure would leave us needing a left winger AND a goalscorer,

Brereton is not a left winger by any stretch of the imagination. A  winger beats his full back and bangs in crosses - which Brereton does not do. He's a left-sided forward 

• Like 6

Big decision by Rovers to withdraw from SVDB deal. Question is what do they do now? Look for another one or put faith in Carter instead. Maybe we already have another player line up here and that was we withdraw from it. Rovers and Broughton will have plenty of players they are looking at and it will be interested what ones they go for

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Anyone put in a sensible bid for BBD that we know of yet?

5 PL teams interested. I think he go Everton myself 

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A team has bid £7.5m for Emil Riis. Would make sense for us to sell Brereton for basically double that and go and get Riis, but I suspect that would not happen under these owners.

Probably Forest ! They’re trying to sign every fecker else ! Tinpot club 

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The fees for the players signed are widely reported as £1.5m £2.5m and £2.5m.

Brereton's contract was allowed to run down before this summer. In that respect the horse has already partially bolted as it did with Lenihan, Nyambe and Rothwell.

If BBD stays and no-one else at all comes in I would say that was less than what was required.

If he stays and we signed a reasonable striker on a permanent basis and someone to offer a genuine threat on the right wing I would say against all the odds what was potentially looking like a disaster  turned into a fairly decent window.

Hyam £1.5m according to the LT, Brittain £900k, Szmodics £2.5m. I suppose neither of us will know for sure.

The situation is still now whereby we can make a substantial £15m sale on Brereton this summer, the alternative is to let £15m value expire. Would we sign Brereton on loan for a season for £15m? No.

The sensible thing to do would is to sell him if he won't renew and spend a good chunk of that on a short and long term replacement.

I would not be angry if we ended the summer with a net spend of nil, I just want us to operate like a normal football club.

When Rhodes was sold, the instant reaction was to patch the team up with loans, none of that was reinvested. When Cairney and Gestede were sold, it was freebies. When Armstrong went, none of it was reinvested. When Rothwell could have been sold with reinvestment, the deal was blocked by the owners.

Riis is more of an example, but you are dismissing him to suggest a player who scored less in the league below. Hirst would be underwhelming, particularly on loan.

How much have you seen of Birmancevic to suggest him so strongly?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're surely not suggesting that Hirst (who has a record of no goals in 32 at Championship level) plus a random left winger would be an adequate replacement for BBD are you chaddy?

There have to be better options out there.

We need a speedy resolution to Brereton.  IMO, we need to sell him today or accept he's leaving next summer for nowt.  What we don't want is a sale on Thursday.

• Like 4

Big decision by Rovers to withdraw from SVDB deal. Question is what do they do now? Look for another one or put faith in Carter instead. Maybe we already have another player line up here and that was we withdraw from it. Rovers and Broughton will have plenty of players they are looking at and it will be interested what ones they go for

5 PL teams interested. I think he go Everton myself 

We didn't!

The lad chose Schalke as I said he would less than an hour ago.

28 minutes ago, 47er said:

You're right, Club can't win---as 3 games in a row testify. Haven't scored in 3 games either. No wonder fans are not happy.

Not the window we hoped for but the one we invariably get.

Almost like a completely new football structure has been put in place in the summer and the new manager has only had 8 games in charge!

when did football fans become so short sighted? If you lose one game the world is ending, can’t remember when it started but fans are miles worse than they use to be.

the best manager in the world pep with unlimited funds at city scraped 4th on the last day of the season his first season in charge. Losing your head because we’ve lost 3 in a row, we’ve also won 3 in a row. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Club can’t win here can they, don’t get loans and develop our own there’s people on here saying it’s all a conspiracy theory and we aren’t trying to get promoted etc

or we get loans in to improve the current ability and people moan we are not developing our own!

But surely the whole point is that they are better than what we have.

• Like 1

Not against pulling out of SVB, especially with the emergence of Phillips. Here’s how I see it, in preference order:

GK: Kaminski, Pears

RB: Brittain, Carter 

CB: Ayala, Wharton, Hyam, Carter, Phillips

LB: Pickering, Edun

CM: Travis, Morton, Buckley, Wharton

CAM: Dack, Szmordics 

LW: Hedges, Dolan 

RW: Markanday

ST: Gallagher, Vale

I’m assuming Brereton will go. I refuse to let JRC be included as a viable option. Butterworth must leave. Vale only just scrapes in. 

If the above is correct, we need:

First choice Striker

First choice Forward / Winger

Central Midfielder - not a playmaker, someone with bite 

Reserve Right Back 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm sure GB and Rovers would have done the research and scouted him aswell. I am not going to write a player cos of 6 months loan spell at the worst championship club that season where he barely started any games and mostly used as a sub there

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Harvey is building his team with a fair few people from his Rovers days joining him. I think with him and Mowbray reunited there’s a goo chance some of our players will be in their radar.

I know that Harvey has come back to Rovers for some staff for his recruitment department there. 

Mowbray has to get the job first there. 

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The situation is still now whereby we can make a substantial £15m sale on Brereton this summer, the alternative is to let £15m value expire. Would we sign Brereton on loan for a season for £15m? No.

Is there any evidence anyone has bid anywhere near £15m yet?

I'm led to believe the Nice "bid" if you can call it that was in the order of £4m plus odds and sods.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Don't think it's going to happen.

No way Tony would be playing 'hard to get' - at the merest hint it would be a case of 'where do I sign'.

Amazed he's even been mentioned - if I was a Sunderland fan I'd be jumping into the Wear with a ball and chain around my ankle at the prospect of Mowbray as manager.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure GB and Rovers would have done the research and scouted him aswell. I am not going to write a player cos of 6 months loan spell at the worst championship club that season where he barely started any games and mostly used as a sub there

I know that Harvey has come back to Rovers for some staff for his recruitment department there. 

It's not about writing a player off. It's about having an opinion on a players credentials. Rumours of him signing at this stage are tenuous at best, so raising any doubts over the link don't have to be some venomous criticism of the club. Would you have suggested Hirst had this link not emerged?

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Is there any evidence anyone has bid anywhere near £15m yet?

I'm led to believe the Nice "bid" if you can call it that was in the order of £4m plus odds and sods.

I very much doubt that.

Even if it was £10m or let his deal run down, as long as you can reinvest £5-6m on a replacement then you take it.