BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The question for me has to be (when fit) who plays with Wharton? He's so good that he makes it easy for whoever is playing alongside him.

No coincidence that with him in we've won 3 and without him lost 3. There was that remarkable stat last year as well for a long time of never having lost a game when he's started.

If Hyam's any use the pecking order would be Wharton/Hyam/Ayala/ Phillips/ Carter for me.

Ayala has literally been our best player this season.

He plays when fit for mine. I just don't think you play him twice a week or you'll quickly break him - that's where Hyam, Wharton and Carter come in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Interestingly Hyam's right footed but seems to usually play on the left of a back three which is Wharton's side. Plus as others have pointed out Ayala has been our best player this season so far...

So when everyones fit it will be interesting to see what we do. Could be back three with Ayala central, Wharton left and Hyam right? If Hyam can pass well like Wharton there's a lot of sense in that. Let Brittain and Pickering (maybe Styles?) push up.

Pickering was murdered last year playing LWB - everyone is so obsessed with a back 3 cos it worked last year.

You're genuinely better off playing Edun at LWB and he's a L1 standard player.

50 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

For 2/3 spots actually.

I consider 5 the perfect number for a team that alternates between 2 and 3 CBs. My only qualms really are that Ayala will get injured at some point for sure, possibly quite a lot, so it's hard to say how much we can count him, and that Carter and Phillips are still inexperienced at this level. But personally I think what we have will do the job.

Another CB who can also play RB quite well would be handy though, so wouldn't have minded VDB. My guess is we will use Carter at RB at times, as JDT will surely suss out how poor JRC is.

I do wonder if Travis inadvertently put a marker down on Saturday to be the backup RB. 

In this formation it's an attacking position and he has the athleticism / engine to get up and down the flank and the skill to find a teammate with the ball.

I don't think JRC plays for us again - hopefully Broughton and JDT ship him and Butterworth out... and Vale too if you get anyone in upfront before Thursday.

29 minutes ago, imy9 said:

Breo will be gone before the deadline and for more than 15 million.

the PL teams are desperate for strikers atm.

As much as I think £15m is too much for him and I wouldn't want him walking on a free in the summer, can we afford to sell him at this point in the transfer window?

We'd have to get two in to replace him - or a LB and a LW/LIF (in addition to Hirst - if he's the guy we're targeting regardless of any sale).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Pickering was murdered last year playing LWB - everyone is so obsessed with a back 3 cos it worked last year.

You're genuinely better off playing Edun at LWB and he's a L1 standard player.

Yeah, but at least with a back three Wharton can cover Pickering down the left. Back four Pickering has no cover.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I do wonder if Travis inadvertently put a marker down on Saturday to be the backup RB. 

In this formation it's an attacking position and he has the athleticism / engine to get up and down the flank and the skill to find a teammate with the ball.

I don't think JRC plays for us again - hopefully Broughton and JDT ship him and Butterworth out... and Vale too if you get anyone in upfront before Thursday.

Problem is, we dont have anything like Travis in central midfield. An example of versatility being unable to cover up a lack of depth in 2 positions.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, bigbrandjohn said:

He needs to go in this window.

We don’t need the risk of an injury or a drop in form diluting the price.

Plus the ability to pre sign a contract  in January and all the head games that go with that.  

We need to do the usual around this time of year, kidnap him and lock him in a cupboard in a secret location for 72 or so more hours until the window closes.

Why do you care about the price? Is it your money?

4 minutes ago, RVRVRS said:

Apparently Newcastle after BBD 

Getting a joke this now. 

shootout between

Brighton

villa

everton

newcastle

leeds

nice

sevilla

Straight onto the bench wherever he goes.  So, he either stays and plays which I think will happen, or he's going to have a wasted season but have more money in his account.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Interestingly Hyam's right footed but seems to usually play on the left of a back three which is Wharton's side. Plus as others have pointed out Ayala has been our best player this season so far...

So when everyones fit it will be interesting to see what we do. Could be back three with Ayala central, Wharton left and Hyam right? If Hyam can pass well like Wharton there's a lot of sense in that. Let Brittain and Pickering (maybe Styles?) push up.

Hyam sounds well suited to the middle then if he is comfortable either side.

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Straight onto the bench wherever he goes.  So, he either stays and plays which I think will happen, or he's going to have a wasted season but have more money in his account.

99% of the time footballers will always take the money, at any level.

• Like 2

Unfortunately it seems quite obvious what’s going to happen. Everton will get turned over by Leeds Wednesday night. Leave them with 1 point from 5 having only scored 2 goals. They will then stump up the cash on deadline day for Brereton leaving us no time to sort our own deal out and ending up with a last minute loan possibly from Everton as part of the deal.

5 minutes ago, Galgaterover10 said:

Unfortunately it seems quite obvious what’s going to happen. Everton will get turned over by Leeds Wednesday night. Leave them with 1 point from 5 having only scored 2 goals. They will then stump up the cash on deadline day for Brereton leaving us no time to sort our own deal out and ending up with a last minute loan possibly from Everton as part of the deal.

Demari Grey please

19 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

99% of the time footballers will always take the money, at any level.

But more money will come if he sits tight and keeps scoring....I'd be stopping here and backing myself...see what happens end of season .

That's what DL, RN and JR did so..

Edited by Sparks Rover

37 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We need to do the usual around this time of year, kidnap him and lock him in a cupboard in a secret location for 72 or so more hours until the window closes.

38 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

🤔

Adequate money to invest in an adequate replacement or two?

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The question for me has to be (when fit) who plays with Wharton? He's so good that he makes it easy for whoever is playing alongside him.

No coincidence that with him in we've won 3 and without him lost 3. There was that remarkable stat last year as well for a long time of never having lost a game when he's started.

If Hyam's any use the pecking order would be Wharton/Hyam/Ayala/ Phillips/ Carter for me.

Ayala remains our best defender.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How is it weaker than last season? 

Ayala will get injured, we will be weaker that last season. Pretty simple. Last season we had van hecke, lenihan and Wharton without Ayala,  now we have hyam and Wharton. The other two are kids.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rev, you have based your opinion on one stat from 18 months ago. 

There is plenty of footage of him over the years including his spell at Portsmouth. 

There is one other stat. He’s 23 and hasn’t proved himself at championship level.

We need players who we know can play at this level. 

Edited by den
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Spot on. 

As much as I've loved BBD improving at Rovers and scoring lots of goals he's not Premiership standard by a  distance. His first touch is still very cumbersome borderline clumsy most of the time. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rev, you have based your opinion on one stat from 18 months ago. 

There is plenty of footage of him over the years including his spell at Portsmouth. 

I've seem many a trailer for films that look great but are utter shite when I see the whole thing. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Pretty sure there's a stat that we've never won a league game when JRC has started.