BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Understand his contract is up at the end of the season. If that’s the case and he hasn’t signed a long term deal, could be a trail then a free if he works out. 

He's signing a new contract with Leicester, then coming here on loan....with an option to buy. Leicester are making sure they get top dollar if we buy him. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

1 minute ago, ItsRoverZ said:

£5mil and people are saying it's a statement from us for Hirst,, yeah a statement of how stupid we are with money 

Want in the end to be eating humble pie but this is a very underwhelming signing for me ..hopefully he proves me wrong 

That's a hot take considering we don't know what the agreed price will be and if he's any good. £5m might seem like a bargain in 12 months. 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

He's signing a new contract with Leicester, then coming here on loan....with an option to buy. Leicester are making sure they get top dollar if we buy him. 

Options to buy a player previously on loan are rarely exercised for whatever reason 

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lenihan getting absolutely roasted by Watford. I don’t think he is a massive loss , he was always a bit dodgy 

Adam Armstrong just scored to put Saints 2-1 up against Chelsea, great team goal, he's starting to find

his feet there. Apparently he's a fan's favourite.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Really underwhelmed by the potential loan signing of Hirst. Not a particularly impressive goal return at a lower level and as an initial loan, would have been more excited with his calibre had it been a permanent deal. Lets see though, maybe a late developer.

A loan with an option is surely better than just a purchase (on the assumption that the fee in the option is the same as a fee now would be, of course)? As it means if he turns out to be a dud we can just not waste millions. If he sets on fire we'll know we're getting a bargain. It's the loans with no option you have to watch out for, because if they do really good their transfer fee skyrockets.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Andy said:

That ^ is exactly how John Williams explained it to me, along with his major worry that we would never be self sustainable under the then (Walker Trust) regime.

The Trust then stopped the £3m annual payments - against Jack’s instruction/wishes and we all know what happened next.

The Trust really get a big pass in all of what’s happened in the last 10/11 years but they played a huge part in our downfall.

Never met any of them but I never heard a nice word about them.

Barkley - can’t see it , would want a Salgado at Stanley House style photo before I believe that

Hirst - meh don’t know much about him tbh but from what I have heard and seen Is He a replacement for Gally ? Will Mowbray come in for him ?

Bowler - if as Nicko  reports Blackpool want 4m then that’s gone up  1m since earlier in summer , Blackpool playing a good game the later you leave it the more you pay 

56 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Loan to buy will be similar to Zeefuik. Fee agreed, we have option to exercise it, or walk away.

That fee i believe is £5 million, which is some statement of intent, and falls under next seasons budget

That won't be happening then - he'd have to be sensational for us to even consider that. 

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Lenihan getting absolutely roasted by Watford. I don’t think he is a massive loss , he was always a bit dodgy 

Couldn't agree more, he was a really basic footballer and easily replaceable for me, possibly a bit romantic that he came through the academy but in reality a symptom of the Venky era that anyone was upset that he left. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, neophox said:

So Hirst is Khadras replacement/

I think people need to stop thinking about like-for-like replacements.

We're playing a different formation under JDT. I suspect Hirst is an option to play #9 - when Dolan switched to #9 on Saturday, for all his industry (and it did cause Stoke some problems) he had neither the size, pace or guile to carve out a chance. Any head high crosses into the box were literally pointless.

Both Hyam and Hirst add some much needed size to our team. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Got to be honest whilst some of the signings seem the right kind of idea (Brittain and Hyam) if these were Mowbray signings I’d be moaning about a lack of imagination.

All the links seem to be from the English leagues, you’d hope we’d be unearthing some gems from a little further afield.

Seems to be players that have agents working for moves rather than us having a clear plan. 

If TM had signed Brittain and Hyam I'd think... FINALLY we've spent some £££ on defenders. Imagination wouldn't even cross my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Loan to buy will be similar to Zeefuik. Fee agreed, we have option to exercise it, or walk away.

That fee i believe is £5 million, which is some statement of intent, and falls under next seasons budget

U don't mean 5 million for hirst? Not a chance.  Not even worth 2.5 million