BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, MarkBRFC said:

At least with all the fun we have had today with this one today, we can definitely write it off now.

Cheers Merce!

Oh I got straight onto writing this one off the first time I heard it. But touche!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The man can't help himself can he. If this was his pitch at the interview, the Sunderland board should really have looked at how his rebuild ended up here after 5 years - with a glut of players needing replacing because they were gone.

He just knew he could rest on his laurels here after the first few seasons he's as crafty as they come.

Unlikely to get away with that up there beyond maybe this season but he always tends to do well in his first full season at clubs. A two year contract he might well be tempted to just go for it next season although i don't think that is in his dna.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, den said:

For all I’ve said about Hirst, some of his goals in that video are pretty cool. 😀

I watched a few Pompey games on dodgytvdotcom last season and he looked quite decent.

It might have just been the shock of seeing a striker more than 5' something though.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, xtp said:

Who needs sacking? 

It speaks well that we went in for him. Good decision by GB and JDT to try to push the boat out. If another team with parachute payments outbid us, that's not on them. 

I thought he was JDTs centre half at his last club....should have been done and dusted without any issues.  Bad job that missed out on a good one.

4 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Wonder if we will see any late bids from Sunderland now? It’s not just Mowbray but also Stuart Harvey and a fair chunk of his old team too.

Wouldn't be surprised if they tried for Dack. 

I hope they try for Waggott first.

I wonder if the property developer is going too.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I thought he was JDTs centre half at his last club....should have been done and dusted without any issues.  Bad job that missed out on a good one.

he did`nt want to sign for us,he had good relations with sheff utd coach jack lester when they were both at forest,nothing broughton or jdt could do really,the big clubs will come sniffing in january tbh

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The man can't help himself can he. If this was his pitch at the interview, the Sunderland board should really have looked at how his rebuild ended up here after 5 years - with a glut of players needing replacing because they were gone.

It’s his kids I feel sorry for. Not just us he keeps letting down

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Wonder if we will see any late bids from Sunderland now? It’s not just Mowbray but also Stuart Harvey and a fair chunk of his old team too.

Think Sunderland are after buying young to sell on at nice profit so could see them looking at Buckley

Edited by Spankus Munky

I hope he told Sunderland he'd have to do the school run every morning and how tired he gets every Jan/Feb (when in a non winning run).  Also how he wishes managers could have two weeks off every mid season.

No, i doubt he mentioned any of that but he might have said there's a lad called Johnson i fancy for the false 9 !

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Tbh...I'd probably take about £5 mill for Dack if it was offered and we had a good replacement lined up. Nobody say Szmodics.

• Like 1