BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Old 1st/2nd division to be fair, like Rovers. The likes of Brentford, Bournemouth and Watford are tinpot

Re Brereton Rovers should tell interested clubs it's too late in this window unless they come up with £25m cash only, money in the bank by 5pm

I think Rovers regard the Leicester lad as Brereton's replacement so I don't expect another striker to arrive in any case

Liked the look of Bowler tonight, wouldn't mind him at all

Bearing in mind our DoF has openly said Hirst was our first choice striker target this summer (So we’ve been trailing him for months) plus the fact that he doesn’t play off the left and the manager has also said we have separate plans made in the case that BBD leaves….I think it’s pretty obvious that Hirst isn’t his replacement. 

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

It doesn’t but the rumour in the press box this evening is it’s the asking price (whatever that is) with add ons included. 

Here's the (Athletic) article text (and it doesn't say much)

Fulham have made an offer to sign Blackburn Rovers striker Ben Brereton Diaz before Thursday’s deadline, The Athletic understands.

Marco Silva is looking for an additional option in attack to support Aleksandar Mitrovic.

Blackburn have so far resisted interest in Brereton Diaz but while manager Jon Dahl Tomasson said he hoped to keep hold of the Chile international this window, he admitted “money will decide what happens”.

OGC Nice had a bid worth around €10million (£8.4m, $10.2m) rebuffed last month but now Fulham want to give him a chance in the Premier League.

Brereton Diaz, who has entered the last year of his contract at Ewood Park, scored 22 league goals in the Championship last season — his most productive campaign in senior football.He has netted three goals in seven second-tier appearances so far this term.

Edited by rebelzero
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Bearing in mind our DoF has openly said Hirst was our first choice striker target this summer (So we’ve been trailing him for months) plus the fact that he doesn’t play off the left and the manager has also said we have separate plans made in the case that BBD leaves….I think it’s pretty obvious that Hirst isn’t his replacement. 

We'll see. Experience shows that what these people say and do are entirely different matters. . 

• Like 1

Pickering has took some knocks on here but I thought he did well tonight. Got a bit of cover but played well. 
Trav did a decent stand in at RB and still found time to shithouse. 
Carter and Dom slotted on well too. 
with a couple of additions tomorrow we should have a decent squad if we can keep BBD , worry about his free transfer next year.  If we go up it might be a different story. Ei ei eio

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Replacing BBD with a like for like player won’t be easy unless there’s a player in Europe they have their eye on. Not many strikers can run with the ball from deep like he does. Lots can run after the ball, not many can run with it.

If he does go we may have to come up with a more direct way of playing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Replacing BBD with a like for like player won’t be easy unless there’s a player in Europe they have their eye on. Not many strikers can run with the ball from deep like he does. Lots can run after the ball, not many can run with it.

If he does go we may have to come up with a more direct way of playing.

Hirst likes crosses into the box - he's a good header of a ball- which suggests a different approach. 

We haven't played particularly well this season on the whole and BBD has already got 3 goals in 7 games.

It's very difficult to replace a player who will go on and get 20 goals, especially when they are playing wide left. 

Unless they've got 2 top quality forwards in to replace him (Bowler and AN Other for example) then I can't really see the value in selling him. It isn't a team blessed with goals as it is. 

Anyway, we can sell A Wharton next summer to Man City instead for £100m. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Realistic Rover said:

Gregg’s first action on Friday (after transfer window) is to seal Adam Wharton on a 4year minimum contract. Only on a 2 year pro deal at the moment. He’s special that kid.

Now he's broke into the 1st team he'll be offered a new contract anyway I'd imagine. He'll be on peanuts, relatively. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

We haven't played particularly well this season on the whole and BBD has already got 3 goals in 7 games.

It's very difficult to replace a player who will go on and get 20 goals, especially when they are playing wide left. 

Unless they've got 2 top quality forwards in to replace him (Bowler and AN Other for example) then I can't really see the value in selling him. It isn't a team blessed with goals as it is. 

Anyway, we can sell A Wharton next summer to Man City instead for £100m. 

For once I agree with you. We'll need to get Wharton signed up to a decent contract before we can sell him for £100m though.

5 hours ago, alex l said:

Such as for a certain Styles perhaps?

On the other side of the coin, clubs will be waiting to see if we lower our value of BBD. But the Raos seem very stubborn in this regard. 

It could be that Brereton is exercising his right no to go? Unusual if so.

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

So on what do we rate him?

On his performances for us I presume

We are under no obligation to buy him .He performs poorly we don't buy 

At most clubs the money earmarked to pay the fee for him can go on another player here it's anyone's guess if that will happen but hopefully with them going in a different direction with Broughton and JDT it will lead to  continuous funding on the squad.

This is how it works, bid comes in say £15 mill.

SW - Suhail, I know they said £20 mill plus add ons but should we let them know about this bid?

SP- Not a good time Steve, they have a lot on and the remit of when we contact them is clear.

SW- thing is Suhail, if this bid gets bigger tomorrow we are leaving ourselves no time to bring replacement in, or know what that reinvestment number looks like.

SP - I hear what your saying and its entirely up to you, but if we bother them with this when its been made clear what the number is, it aint going to look good on either of us.

SW- I see your point, reject it

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Yeah, and both scenarios show us that it’s a lottery as to whether they’ll come good or not.

Which just strengthens the notion, especially in this case that the best thing to do is give the boy a chance. I’ll bet 99% of the people passing judgement have literally never seen him play. It’s crazy to be writing him off. 

There is nobody, absolutely nobody who won't give him a chance and won't be delighted if it comes off.

What's crazy is people on here who can't resist a swipe at their fellow fans over and over again.

• Like 4

On 19/05/2022 at 21:17, J*B said:

Joe’s right, Phillips is the envy of a lot of clubs and the coaches think he’s something really special. Watch Adam Wharton this season as well, he offers genuine competition to Buckley already. 

Bazinga!

• Like 8