BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

Just now, J*B said:

I’m bewildered as to how any of you think BBD will even consider signing a deal. There is absolutely zero chance. Nil. None. Please stop it’s painful. 

It is alarming to me, too. I think the only way he considers it, is if Rovers promote. What are the chances of that, <15%?

Just now, J*B said:

I’m bewildered as to how any of you think BBD will even consider signing a deal. There is absolutely zero chance. Nil. None. Please stop it’s painful. 

He's a good lad. Enjoy him while he's here. Might as well offer the contract. Probs won't sign it. But I've good faith he'll give his all for us whilst in a rovers shirt. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, glen9mullan said:

Whichever way I look at it, one of our best windows under Venkys.

Retained our key players who are under contract.

Stuck to their guns in BBD, who at no point asked to leave or indicated he'd like to. They own the club, they pay our debts, they fund the lack of income through gates/sponsorship and despite willing to let him walk away for free, have backed the new manager in this window.

Signed 6 players with 3 perm, 2 loans with option to buy and 1 loan from Liverpool in Morton who has exceptional potential.

There are lots and lots of things we can hit the club with a big stick over, but how we have gone about our business this summer, and what we have ended up with going into the next few months is far more than i expected.

There are clubs out there right now who have outsold season tickets etc etc whose fans will be very disappointed with their own business.

With the emergence of some of the academy, Adam Wharton in particular, there is far more to be positive about than perhaps we sometimes give credit for.

I agree with that. Plenty of young players to watch develop. If they all come on song together we could be contenders.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

One or two big ifs in there. Desperate for Dack to do well... There's very positive signs him and BB have a good understanding AND Dack sees the game unfold ahead of everyone else. 

How many has Hedges scored so far in a B&W shirt? Looks good, nice touches but we need people to weigh in with goals. 

Gally won't score more than 10, rest are probably 6 or 7. Let's hope Hirst can weigh in.

Agreed I'm not saying a certainty everything will click into place.

If Hedges can create for others and continue to assist I wouldn't be overly bothered about his scoring record as Dack and Brererton have proved they can be high scorers in this division.

Hirst obviously has to prove it at this level and as poor as he has been Szmodic still has a goal for us already and scored 6 or 7 last season for a poor Peterborough side.

Last season for example we had Giles Buckley Gallagher or even Brererton Buckley, Gallagher/Khadra 

This season Brererton and fit and sharp Dack, Hedges, Gallagher, Szmodic , Hirst there are more goals and creativity in this season's group in my opinion.

Having a more attacking rb who is good on the ball in Brittain will help aswell 

The two in midfield will be the crucial players this season positive signs last night but hard to expect them to perform at that level every week with their age and inexperience.Hopefully Buckley can show a little form if called upon

I do agree it would have been better to have signed another attacker.Id worry if we got a long term injury to one of Dack or Brererton but whoever we brought in they weren't going to be on those 2 level most likely anyway.

Hopefully some budget left over for January and give Williams and whoever the new  European scouting guy is an input.

6 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Whichever way I look at it, one of our best windows under Venkys.

Retained our key players who are under contract.

Stuck to their guns in BBD, who at no point asked to leave or indicated he'd like to. They own the club, they pay our debts, they fund the lack of income through gates/sponsorship and despite willing to let him walk away for free, have backed the new manager in this window.

Signed 6 players with 3 perm, 2 loans with option to buy and 1 loan from Liverpool in Morton who has exceptional potential.

There are lots and lots of things we can hit the club with a big stick over, but how we have gone about our business this summer, and what we have ended up with going into the next few months is far more than i expected.

There are clubs out there right now who have outsold season tickets etc etc whose fans will be very disappointed with their own business.

With the emergence of some of the academy, Adam Wharton in particular, there is far more to be positive about than perhaps we sometimes give credit for.

Do you not feel another forward player would have been worth pushing the boat out for? I feel with another goal threat we could trouble the top 2. 

If he's not sold in the next few hours, Brereton going for free next year or a possible very low fee in January 2023. This could well lead to a repeat of the destabilising Rothwell situation - though you'd hope he doesn't demand a move in the same fashion. I think the club has messed up again. We can just hope that Brereton fires us up to the upper reaches of the league by Jan but I don't think we have the experience or physicality in the team but hope I'm wrong. 

Edited by riverholmes

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Good window but as usual deadline day is a damp squid.  Still believe play offs could be possible but I'm sceptical that we will score enough goals. Let's hope January we can consolidate 

Really sorry, I feel obliged to tell you that it is squib and not squid. Although that did tickle me. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Do you not feel another forward player would have been worth pushing the boat out for? I feel with another goal threat we could trouble the top 2. 

I agree but I guess for JDT this is just the start of his "project" and he'll look to strengthen further in January.

Does seem a bit of a missed opportunity though and he did say he wanted 3 signings.

• Like 1

One thing I’ve learnt after this & im not sure why I fall for it every time is to not believe anything anyone says until it’s officially announced lol.

Average transfer market however a few short especially on the front line.

Looking forward to see Clinton Mola, literally know nothing about him so should be interesting.

Finally…Gutted Styles is going Millwall. They probably can’t believe their look that he’s Available and got him on the cheap. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we are done we are done. 

Mola can play at left back and the middle of midfield but we have Adam Wharton and Jake Garrett for CM after Travis, Buckley, Morton so plenty of options for that. 

Rovers are done for this transfer window from what Rich Sharpe has been told from Rovers

I did say experience in the middle we are a team of young talented players who play with no fear at times but you need a wise old head too  and yeah Mola can play left back but is he a left back ? Edun can play left back but he is shit there and where is the cover for Brittain after SVBD never arrived ? JRC is woeful 

• Like 1