BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Millwall (h) - 8/3/22

1 hour ago, CambridgeRover said:

Literally from today's LT . 

Mowbray says that is down to the January signing from Aberdeen still learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up, but the manager believes opportunities aren’t far away for the 26-year-old attacker.

I would love to know what the hell is expected from our attackers given we haven't scored from open play in about 7 games. Utter clown Mowbray, buy players in January to help in March.

I cant think of any other manager who has this ridiculous stance about learning to play our way. If you have to train a player for two months for them even to get a chance then you sucked at evaluating the player in the first place. We needed players to help, whilst we are dropping like a stone through the table, but instead this ridiculous "learn our style of football". 

Classic Mowbray waffle. By now, Hedges must have learned how not to be a goal threat.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, USABlue said:

Yes, 

I can't see us losing tonight, based on our form since the 2nd half at Brammall Lane.

Of course we may get beat, but based on recent history, and facts, I would expect us to get a point, and very possibly 3 points.

I'm worried that this (possibly justified) pessimism is keeping a thousand or so fans away from Ewood, including many ticket-holders. For a number of people I know, it's just too much trouble.

The atmosphere since October has been positive, often jubilant, and generally upbeat, based on passion for the club, AND performances on the pitch. 

I implore anyone with a ticket to head down to Ewood tonight, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 2

Our poor run and lack of goals has to come to an end at some point and why not tonight?

Millwall on a very good run despite their injuries but we are 4th in the league, at home and not playing City, Liverpool or Bayern, so some perspective called for.

Rovers' win is a tad better than evens and I think decent value and I've put enough on for the winnings to pay for our family takeaway as we watch on the red button.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Two home games on consecutive Tuesday’s doesn’t help. It’s not always pessimism keeping ticket holders away, some ST holders just struggle with those for a plethora of reasons.

I tried to word my post to make it clear I was only referring to those ticket-holders that were able to go, but didn't attend because they thought we'd get beat, or just couldn't be bothered. 

I know there are good reasons why many can't attend on a Tuesday. 

My point was more about how enjoyable it has been at Ewood since October. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I wouldn’t mind if we came across as a really well drilled super organised team that is sweeping all before it like a football machine. To be honest there are times when we look like a gang of lads who’ve just met up for a Sunday afternoon kick about after a Saturday night on the piss.  

And the previous Saturday we fully deserved our victory against QPR.

We are what we are the 2nd youngest team in the division (the youngest being Barnsley who are currently in the relegation zone).Most of us including me and you had us down as a team that would either struggle at the bottom or have another season of mediocrity but here we are in 4th after spending the last 100+ days sat comfortably in the top 6.

A young side many of whom are having their first season as regulars at this level are going to have bad days and bad runs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray says that is down to the January signing from Aberdeen still learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up, but the manager believes opportunities aren’t far away for the 26-year-old attacker.

I would love to know what the hell is expected from our attackers given we haven't scored from open play in about 7 games. Utter clown Mowbray, buy players in January to help in March.

I cant think of any other manager who has this ridiculous stance about learning to play our way. If you have to train a player for two months for them even to get a chance then you sucked at evaluating the player in the first place. We needed players to help, whilst we are dropping like a stone through the table, but instead this ridiculous "learn our style of football". 

IMO, total garbage and FFS Mowbray I think you are insulting the intelligence of the fans and should stop spouting, IMO, such nonsense.

Take a leaf out of Jim Smith's book who I think forgot more about football management than you have ever known!  I'll never forget turning up up at Turf Moor on Boxing Day 1977 to find out we'd got someone playing up front by the name of Keith Fear.  I might be wrong here, but I think he met his team mates for the first time on the coach to Burnley!  In a thrilling 3-2 win for Rovers, Fear notched but also sadly missed a penalty as Burnley stormed back into the game but we just held out.

As far a 'wand of a left foot', didn't Souey say the same thing about Javier De Pedro and we all know how that signing turned out despite Pedro having a vastly superior pedigree to Hedges................................................. 

Edited by Mercer

On 06/03/2022 at 14:12, renrag said:

A strange thing about the officials for this. Normally when a game is postponed/abandoned the same referee and assistants are appointed for the rearranged game. None of the four original officials have been appointed for Tuesday

Tonight's referee is Dean Whitestone. I was looking ahead to see who Saturday's appointed referee is and it is Gavin Ward, in my view, the worst on the list. He is that bad that when any referee is not doing well we say "he's 'avin a Gavin". 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

• Like 4

Any reason why such a bad ref (and if sounds like those even within the referring world agree) get to keep a gig at a fairly high level of football year in year out?

Is there such little quality coming through?

Edited by Mattyblue

8 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Any reason why such a bad ref (and if sounds like those even within the referring world agree) get to keep a gig at a fairly high level of football year in year out?

At U23and U18 level the refs are mainly atrocious

1 hour ago, WacoRover said:

Having earned 5 points from our last 7, and one goal scored, score once vs Millwall and it should be considered a major victory. 

I will say 1-1, and be content if we get it. 

I won’t.

Its Millwall. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray says that is down to the January signing from Aberdeen still learning what is asked of him in the Rovers set-up

How long does it take to tell him?

2 hours ago, Wheelton Blue said:

Is Ayala back in the squad for this, or is he still on his winter break?

We're going to need him soon enough.

This is a good point.

We haven't mentioned Trav n Lenihan's suspension tightrope.

They could (will?) both be missing on Saturday, and next Tuesday. 

Will be interesting to see whether that means a dreaded (for me) return to a back four. 

Is Lenihan banned for this? He's on 10 yellows for the season. Buckley/Travis on 9 are 1 away from a 2 game ban and Rothwell on 8 should be safe.

Feels like a huge game in our season. Decent favourites whilst Sheff Utd play Boro and Luton play Coventry. A win versus Millwall and it will feel massive regardless of what happens elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Indeed. How many more times can we keep saying "a point is okay"?! We need to start winning football matches, particularly against the teams just below us in the table. Must win tonight.

Agree - the whole point of playing down the importance of some of the games we've just had, rightly or wrongly, was assuming that we can make up for it by picking up a load of points after Fulham.

They'll probably be a tough nut to crack, but crack them we must. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I think your second sentence is absolutely correct. With the advent of full time officials it's difficult to get rid of them and with a small pool of referees they are pretty much guaranteed plenty of matches. When I was on as essentially a self employed person and if you finished well down the merit list on consecutive seasons you got a letter advising you that your services were no longer required. This kept you on your toes trust me. Now as full time employees they are protected more and I understand there is an agreement that if they get kicked off they are entitled to a lump sum which was two years salary (that might have since changed). In truth they are in a real comfort zone and they can carry on for as long as they can pass a fitness test with no mandatory retirement age.

• Like 1