BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Derby County (h) - 15/3/22

• Moderation Lead

Strange post match interview, that one.

Almost sounded embittered that we had scored from open play, but then says we have to find a way to win.

(I very much agree with the latter, but it seems completely contradictory).

17 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Strange post match interview, that one.

Almost sounded embittered that we had scored from open play, but then says we have to find a way to win.

(I very much agree with the latter, but it seems completely contradictory).

Was he doing that thing we used to do as kids...?  Like telling people to feck off using his fingers on the side of his face...🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

Take us back to 1991/92 - we had a horrible few weeks when Kenny couldn't get anything right and then it clicked, we scraped into the play offs and the sense of relief as we left Home Park was felt by all sneaking that 6th spot.

This is similar, we have thrown game after game, we have shed point after point, losing games we should have won by a mile and a half. We should be sat in a solid 2nd spot but we are clinging onto a top 6 slot.

Reading away has to be the most important game for Rovers and not because they are down the league table, its because its the next game, a must win game which sets Rovers up nicely for the International break and a time to relax, regroup and sooth the injured players ready for manic April, because that is exactly what it will be MANIC.

Two derby games, 2 horrible away games at Coventry and Peterborough and an Easter Monday classic versus Stoke ending with the inevitable hosting of the Bournemouth promotion party on our own patch !

Mowbray needs to take a long hard look at how he has cost us some serious point losses throughout February and March because of his inability to work out the opposition and how to set up a team who can revert to type, have a plan and have nouse on how to win a game.

Thankfully, and with some hope, Bournemouth at home will see the end of his Ewood Park tenure unless somehow he manages a Mowbray miracle and secures the play off miracle/dream of 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 47er said:

I've said many times that Gallagher should either play central striker or he shouldn't be in the side at all.

...... with a wide man Gallagher who can deliver crosses. Giles plays in his correct position on the left and hey presto!

There is a caveat though .......the crosses have to be plonked right on his head or on his foot in front of goal. Don't expect him to get to a cross by anticipating it or getting in front of a defender

As a footballer the lad's still a braying four-legged animal

• Like 1

The most bizarre thing was him bawling at Johnson telling him to push on when we didn't have the ball. He obviously kept drifting to the middle and after 20 mins predictably he was blowing out of his arse. Then he's giving the ball away all the time and of course it lead to their goal.

I really don't think people should hold him accountable though he shouldn't have been anywhere near that position. I knew something odd was on the cards last night after Mowbray had talked Derby up into being the Championship version of Bayern Munich.

Edited by tomphil

5 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

...... with a wide man Gallagher who can deliver crosses. Giles plays in his correct position on the left and hey presto!

There is a caveat though .......the crosses have to be plonked right on his head or on his foot in front of goal. Don't expect him to get to a cross by anticipating it or getting in front of a defender

As a footballer the lad's still a braying four-legged animal

We’ve got to give Gallagher balls to run onto if we want to get anything out of him. Paying it up to his feet is pointless. Get Giles on the left wing and Dolan on the right with instructions to get the ball in asap.

• Like 3

The Johnson thing was ridiculous, another case of Mowbray having a "system" and shoehorning players out of their natural position into it. Johnson as a "false 9" (stupid term) was never going to work

Mowbray came up with the same rubbish for not going for some decent strikers in January - "they won't fit in our system" - ....as if there's only one way of playing football

Hasn't he cottoned on that "our system" has been well and truly found out since the new year? 

26 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How many games have we really dominated in the five years he’s been here ? Most of the time it’s been a bad 1st half and a decent second half or vice versa.

I wouldn't really agree with that. In our recent great run in November-December we looked pretty much invincible.

With Mowbray I would characterise it more as we go through periods of looking really really good (start of 20/21 season being very much like that as another example) for around 10 games, then the wheels fall off, till we put them back on again around 10 games later. 

It's been such a feature of Mowbray's teams, not just at Rovers but elsewhere also (Celtic, West Brom etc).

• Like 1

On 15/03/2022 at 06:36, OldEwoodBlue said:

Today is a good day.

Tonight we can all smile and know we only have 8 more games with this buffoon at the helm.

Score is a sideshow.

The buffoon that has had a very difficult job to do over the last 2 years with injury after injury, and limited funds to strengthen the squad. I bet your full of praise after last night result, what a comeback and the noise in the Blackburn End was raising the rafters. Well done Tony and that useless player Gallagher as some people have been calling him in recent weeks. With Bradley Dack back and Ben Breherton returning in a few weeks time let's get back on track for the play offs and put a well deserved smile back on the Rovers supporters faces,

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I mean, an element of tongue in cheek probably, but even Johnson seems bemused. From Twitter:

@rdwood89: I had a dream last night that big TM played @BradJohnson15 as a false nine 🔵

@BradJohnson15: No dream buddy….absolute nightmare!!!

Not just Twitter either…

https://instagram.com/stories/bradleyjohnson_4/2795123237423237892?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

for those that can’t see, it’s a GIF of a headless chicken running.

Edited by Mellor Rover

16 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Not just Twitter either…

https://instagram.com/stories/bradleyjohnson_4/2795123237423237892?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

for those that can’t see, it’s a GIF of a headless chicken running.

Okay…that strikes me as not just a throw away, tongue in cheek, comment on Twitter now. Some kind of player revolt at half time is surely gaining credibility now.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I mean, an element of tongue in cheek probably, but even Johnson seems bemused. From Twitter:

@rdwood89: I had a dream last night that big TM played @BradJohnson15 as a false nine 🔵

@BradJohnson15: No dream buddy….absolute nightmare!!!

That's pretty punchy if true!

46 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

The Johnson thing was ridiculous, another case of Mowbray having a "system" and shoehorning players out of their natural position into it. Johnson as a "false 9" (stupid term) was never going to work

Mowbray came up with the same rubbish for not going for some decent strikers in January - "they won't fit in our system" - ....as if there's only one way of playing football

Hasn't he cottoned on that "our system" has been well and truly found out since the new year? 

Decent strikers like Dack and Diaz we have already got.

27 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

The buffoon that has had a very difficult job to do over the last 2 years with injury after injury, and limited funds to strengthen the squad. I bet your full of praise after last night result, what a comeback and the noise in the Blackburn End was raising the rafters. Well done Tony and that useless player Gallagher as some people have been calling him in recent weeks. With Bradley Dack back and Ben Breherton returning in a few weeks time let's get back on track for the play offs and put a well deserved smile back on the Rovers supporters faces,

Gallagher is not a useless player but Mowbray makes him one.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

You are surely not one of the who think we shouldn't have signed a striker in January are you?

"With Bradley Dack back and Ben Breherton returning in a few weeks time"---season's running out in case you hadn't noticed!

4 minutes ago, Geoff66 said:

At the risk of stating the obvious, one has been out for the best part of 2 years and isn't anywhere near match fit and the other has been injured at a critical part of the season and will take a few games to get back in his stride even when he comes back

Hence, we were crying out for some more, decent strikers in January

• Like 1

Wharton's comments post match after he recieved his man of the match award

He said first half we were simply rubbish. We were lethargic, no energy or pace or passion. 
Some serious words were exchanged between the players and from the manager. They know they are much better than that first 45 mins.
Thankfully they came out and proved it in the second half.

• Like 1