BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

6 minutes ago, yankfan said:

And a significantly worse side. Gally will be out only recognized forward. Van Hecke, Lenihan, Khadra, Diaz, Naymbe, Giles Rothwell all gone. TM will leave us just where he found us. Heading to league 1. 

That's a very realistic and worrying scenario right there.

Those useless gobshytes in Pune have a lot to answer for...when we needed backing they did nothing.

• Like 6

Has to be worth getting shut of mowbray right now and giving the caretaker job to D Johnson for the remainder of the season, He literally couldn't do much worst than tm. 

I wouldn't trust the venkys to hire a good replacement manager in a short space of time, so best just getting a caretaker for now so we can take our time searching for a more promising replacement manger

(although in reality! I'm under no illusions that the owners would just give the caretaker/cheapest option the job permanently should they win a few of the remaining games) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This really isn't funny anymore nor is it just hard luck or this squad not being good enough.

It isn't an individual players fault either.

It's tactical nonsense with zero clear plan starting in January when there were real opportunities. That was the beginning of the end of a serious go at it.

Not having a replacement for BBD in case of injury or poor form a huge mistake. We’ve been searching for a plan since January. Rothwell has been no where near as effective since his transfer was denied. Buckley’s form has disappeared. The first half seems a mirage 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yankfan said:

And a significantly worse side. Gally will be out only recognized forward. Van Hecke, Lenihan, Khadra, Diaz, Naymbe, Giles Rothwell all gone. TM will leave us just where he found us. Heading to league 1. 

Given the amount he has time he has had with us, the youth set up he has inherited, the money spent and lack of pressure on results this is in itself a stunningly impressive feat. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This really isn't funny anymore nor is it just hard luck or this squad not being good enough.

It isn't an individual players fault either.

It's tactical nonsense with zero clear plan starting in January when there were real opportunities. That was the beginning of the end of a serious go at it.

But there are a number of players, who had very poor games!

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt go that far,his time is up though for me,mind you it was up for me after the first season back in the championship when defenders were coming😰

The irony is that he's probably been their best managerial appointment! But he's just far over stayed his welcome and should have been potted 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Clutching at the thinnest of straws I think Millwall and Coventry are slipping out of the hunt for playoffs. They both seem to have stalled form wise. Indifferent form and a lack of games left let makes me think they will struggle to get ahead of us. 

The negative. Boro and Forrest can easily dump us out of playoffs. Worst still we lost a game to Paul Ince, an utterly incompetent manager in charge of one of the weakest teams in the division. Paul sodding Ince. He's zero managerial acumen and somehow he's managed to beat us. Terrible, terrible stuff and a new low for Rovers. 

Don’t worry Coventry’s chances will be right back on track when they beat us after the international break. 

I always felt that the run towards the international break (the last four games) would define our season.

4 points from Millwall, Bristol City, Derby and Reading.

Just not good enough if you want to be in the playoffs. 

5 wins or 4 wins and 3 draws from the last 7 is what it’s going to take.

The fat lady has started her warmup!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Not in any way a criticism, because I agree with you. 

But wtf are we seeking in that case? 

Seeking to fill mowbray's coffers till he retires. Nicely trundling along placating the owners with promises of buying cheap selling for a big profit. Then Mowbray can sail off into the sunset sniggering to himself at what chumps we are giving him this long

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gav said:

I’d happily take mid table this season for a change of ownership.

The wiser ones amongst us know, that’s the only way this football club will progress. 

VENKYS OUT

I'll bite. What makes you think we'll get a change of ownership if we finish mid table?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt go that far,his time is up though for me,mind you it was up for me after the first season back in the championship when defenders were coming😰

We can’t seem to get rid of him, promotion to prem failure is a lot more costly than relegation, just saying 

Just now, Blue blood said:

Given the amount he has time he has had with us, the youth set up he has inherited, the money spent and lack of pressure on results this is in itself a stunningly impressive feat. 

It’s hard to imagine and I’d argue we will be a worse side in the summer than the one he took over. We will have 12 senior players under contract:  Kamenski, Pickering, Ayala (for 6 matches), Wharton, JRC, Travis, Buckley, Dolan, Markanday, Hedges, Dack (a shell of the former), and Gallagher. 

That’s about as bare bones as it gets. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Has to be worth getting shut of mowbray right now and giving the caretaker job to D Johnson for the remainder of the season, He literally couldn't do much worst than tm. 

I wouldn't trust the venkys to hire a good replacement manager in a short space of time, so best just getting a caretaker for now so we can take our time searching for a more promising replacement manger

(although in reality! I'm under no illusions that the owners would just give the caretaker/cheapest option the job permanently should they win a few of the remaining games) 

I'd let Venus take over till the end he did a much better job second half against Derby. Mowbray was perfect in the role of keeping quiet and letting someone else make some sensible decisions.

3 minutes ago, yankfan said:

Not having a replacement for BBD in case of injury or poor form a huge mistake. We’ve been searching for a plan since January. Rothwell has been no where near as effective since his transfer was denied. Buckley’s form has disappeared. The first half seems a mirage 

The fact another striker wasn't bought in the summer to replace Armstrong was poor enough! Especially when you think at that point they could never have envisaged the goal scoring run Brereton was about to go on!

• Like 1

in my best pyschoanalysis mode,ide say mowbray had some morbid dread of losing games by a large margin,so he compensates by trying not to lose them hoping we can nick a goal then shut up shop,in reality it rarely works and we end up losing anyway,any sign of expansive football is shut down immediately,he must have been on the verge of retching seeing us tear into derby on tuesday night with reckless abandanment,i think he needs to retire personally

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Paul Ince just beat us at football. Christ.

I would say "imagine that" but as we've just seen it happen... yeah. Embarrassing doesn't even cover it. Shame on the manager and the players (Kaminski aside). 

The only minor positive I can take is that maybe this puts us one step closer to Mowbray being out the door. He's ruined yet another season with his bullshit and I don't think I can stand another season with him at the helm.

• Like 2