BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

55 minutes ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Is he Mowbray's agent? I have no idea who is he or his connection to Rovers. I clicked the link and it looks like he posts a lot of general football stuff.

He is one of the H's in HSH...

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/you-need-honest-honourable-accept-9542073

35 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Hopefully @Miller11gets Mr Waggott on podcast and this can be asked,

Still how do you go from running chicken production (suhail) to negotiating contracts, deciding if players are fit or not fit, selecting players to buy and sell.

The big one for me, i will never forgive is bling picking the team, i have that in writing, chapter n verse, and quite frankly those actions are unforgivable and makes the whole thing one bloody joke

Come on Glen, how do you think he ended up at Ewood given the fact he worked with Mowbray and Venus at Coventry?

Also, which match or matches did "bling" pick the team for as you allege? I'm sure you won't mind sharing that with us if you have the written proof to back it up as you say.

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

He is Mowbray’s agent. 

He is also Coyle, Lambert and Bowyers agent.

He is a director of the agency HSH with Dave Sheron and Stephen Horner.

He is a former director of SEM. All three have big links with Jerome.

Also a while ago, Smallwood was prominently advertised  on the HSH website as one of their clients . Mowbray allowed Smallwood to earn a year's salary here at the end of his contract with his feet up and even gave him and the young left back Hart neither of whom had featured all season the three month extensions necessitated by Covid!

From Venky's point of view it must be nice to have so much money that you can allow yourself to be ripped off by these sort of characters and barely notice. From the Club's point of view however it does matter as it impacts the FFP calculation.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Glen, how do you think he ended up at Ewood given the fact he worked with Mowbray and Venus at Coventry?

Also, which match or matches did "bling" pick the team for as you allege? I'm sure you won't mind sharing that with us if you have the written proof to back it up as you say.

Given the statement I have, I would say it be quicker to say which games he didnt influence team selection, 

Given the statement was also made via club email, by their advisor i'd suggest it was weekly

He is Mowbray’s agent. 

Do you know if at the time Brereton signed for Rovers he had the same agent as Mowbray had at that time?

I have read a blog that suggests that was the case.

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Have all of these specifics (Rothwell being offered 4x as much, Nyambe's low offer) all come from Rothwell's dad? You mention members of the squad, is this direct contact or via when Rothwell's dad was mouthing off on the train?

why does Rothwell's father need to lie to Rovers fans?

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Top class chairman would be my priority. Decent chance a good manager would then follow.

Venky's biggest mistake in their entire ownership was belittling, ignoring and needlessly driving away John Williams, Tom Finn et al. Trusting Anderson was a disaster and something they've never ever recovered from.  Agnew, Shaw, Cheston, Waggott.... Whoever else, they've all been hopeless yes men. 

IMO they're still nursing their burnt fingers and bruised ego's and have been terrified ever since to trust anyone. Bloody Mowbray got Waggott the job which is a disgrace in itself! 

A proper footballing and Business CEO has been needed for years. Plenty of good people out there. Appoint a head hunting firm to find one. If we had appointing one over the years we wouldn't be losing so much money each season and we might actually be back in the PL by now. 

7 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Do you know if at the time Brereton signed for Rovers he had the same agent as Mowbray had at that time?

I was told this was the case by a former Rovers director. I did some digging but it appeared not to be the case. That said, I’m no expert, and multiple agents seem to manage to muscle in on deals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Given the statement I have, I would say it be quicker to say which games he didnt influence team selection, 

Given the statement was also made via club email, by their advisor i'd suggest it was weekly

Which time period are we talking then?

He is Mowbray’s agent. 

Is Dave Sheron the brother of our under 23 coach Mike? I'm sure I saw it somewhere but I can't find any evidence to support it.

1 hour ago, rog of the rovers said:

Mowbray's time at the Rovers will forever be linked with this season.

''To not even reach the playoffs, with where we were at the end of January 2022.''

These words will be synonymous with his reign, whether he goes in three hours, three days, three weeks, three months, three years.

Can't argue with that. Speaking for myself, I would have been happy with us parting ways last season, but knowing how straightforward finishing in the top 6 should've been from our position in January, I was happy to eat my share of humble pie at the time. I expected there to be a sticky patch, possibly even a very bad one, but I never in a month of sundays thought it would cost us a play off spot from where we were.

The really perplexing thing is how to explain where these death spirals come from. It doesn't seem at all as though Mowbray flogs his players into the ground, or that the injury situation at his various clubs tends to be that bad after Christmas. I use various types of data in my work, and one thing you always need to be careful of is wrongfully claiming that that one thing actually causes a certain outcome, when in reality it might just be a chance association, coincidence or a number of other things. Having said all that, the way that Mowbray has these spells so frequently, over multiple seasons across multiple clubs and playing squads, strongly suggests that he is at the root of it all, even if it's not obvious from the outside what it is about his management which results in these spells.

It's such a shame, because even now I would like to remember his spell in charge fondly because I genuinely think there are plenty of aspects to him as a manager which are/were positive. The L1 season is obvious, but generally his recruitment record is better than most, with a couple of diamonds in there, admittedly along with one or two howlers too. Unlike almost all of our post-Sam managers, he has had the imagination to actually implement a coherent style of play which wasn't just throwing out XI players on the pitch, as was the case under Coyle, Bowyer and others. We might easily end up with somebody worse than Mowbray if we replace him in the summer, but we simply can't carry on with a manager who almost every year oversees a dramatic and sustained loss of form in the second half of the season.

• Like 2

I find it very difficult to place all of my thoughts on Mowbray's reign into a concise summation. 

He does deserve a tremendous amount of credit for stabilising the ship after relegation to League 1. Yes, some managers might have been able to avoid the drop in the first place and relegated sides are always promotion favourites, but many sides have struggled to go back up and it was essential that we do it at the first time of asking.

Since promotion, he has managed to reestablish this club as a solid Championship team, but after that the positives stop. His inconsistent tactics and inability to get the best out of most of his players has been tremendously frustrating. His signings have been mostly questionable and he seems to be a poor judge of talent. 

Yes, he gets some credit for our form in the first half of the season, but he was unable to regain momentum once the luck ran out and things started to slip. He feels very much like a manager who struggles in the face of adversity and who is unable to adapt. Each season has been plagued by major drops in form (particularly towards the backend of Championship seasons) and the fault has to be placed firmly at the doorstep of management in that regard. 

But my biggest criticism of him has to be in his demeanour. I cannot imagine having a boss who carried himself as he does. Who'd body language and messages were so negative. It's impossible to think that this has had no impact on the team.

He won't go down as our worst manager, but it is his time to go (and has been for some time) and we can hope for someone to come in with more energy and more creativity.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Is Dave Sheron the brother of our under 23 coach Mike? I'm sure I saw it somewhere but I can't find any evidence to support it.

I’ve heard the same, but haven’t been able to find any evidence either.

I did however find that Mike was with SEM in his playing days.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I was told this was the case by a former Rovers director. I did some digging but it appeared not to be the case. That said, I’m no expert, and multiple agents seem to manage to muscle in on deals.

Thanks. The blog I read it on was an informed source.

You are right, many pigs have their snouts in the trough.

• Like 1

I don’t think Mowbray even deserves much credit for the League One success. We started terribly (with 5 at the back if memory serves me correctly) so he was forced into changing the system which just happened to suit Dack, amongst others, perfectly. He even tried messing with the formation when we were on winning steaks (an awful first half at home to Bury springs to mind).

His issue is constantly getting sussed out. Play his teams once, you know how to play them next time. It soon catches on. Some managers have the tactical nous to change it, some managers have the man management skills to inspire players out of a bad patch. Mowbray has neither. He’s a thin-skinned dinosaur with thickly lined pockets and that’s fine by him.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I find it very difficult to place all of my thoughts on Mowbray's reign into a concise summation. 

He does deserve a tremendous amount of credit for stabilising the ship after relegation to League 1. Yes, some managers might have been able to avoid the drop in the first place and relegated sides are always promotion favourites, but many sides have struggled to go back up and it was essential that we do it at the first time of asking.

Since promotion, he has managed to reestablish this club as a solid Championship team, but after that the positives stop. His inconsistent tactics and inability to get the best out of most of his players has been tremendously frustrating. His signings have been mostly questionable and he seems to be a poor judge of talent. 

Yes, he gets some credit for our form in the first half of the season, but he was unable to regain momentum once the luck ran out and things started to slip. He feels very much like a manager who struggles in the face of adversity and who is unable to adapt. Each season has been plagued by major drops in form (particularly towards the backend of Championship seasons) and the fault has to be placed firmly at the doorstep of management in that regard. 

But my biggest criticism of him has to be in his demeanour. I cannot imagine having a boss who carried himself as he does. Who'd body language and messages were so negative. It's impossible to think that this has had no impact on the team.

He won't go down as our worst manager, but it is his time to go (and has been for some time) and we can hope for someone to come in with more energy and more creativity.

I know many will agree with you, so I'm not saying you're wrong to bring it up, but personally I don't get why his body language/interviews etc. riles people so much. He's had a pretty miserable demeanour since day one here as far as I see it, and plenty of that coincided with the team doing well. I don't agree that his signings were mostly bad either. I think there are enough success stories to say that he can spot a player.

I agree though that it's hard to concisely summarise all the different aspects of his time in charge. If I was to try, the thing that it really boils down to is your point about the major drops in form. I think if these were just a little less predictable/less severe, you could even now make a perfectly good case for him being worth a new contract (not least because we'd still be in the play off mix). But sadly they're not, and it almost makes all other aspects of his performance irrelevant because it means that we'll always have that ceiling of what we can achieve under him. 

Just now, Theaxe15 said:

I don’t think Mowbray even deserves much credit for the League One success. We started terribly (with 5 at the back if memory serves me correctly) so he was forced into changing the system which just happened to suit Dack, amongst others, perfectly. He even tried messing with the formation when we were on winning steaks (an awful first half at home to Bury springs to mind).

His issue is constantly getting sussed out. Play his teams once, you know how to play them next time. It soon catches on. Some managers have the tactical nous to change it, some managers have the man management skills to inspire players out of a bad patch. Mowbray has neither. He’s a thin-skinned dinosaur with thickly lined pockets and that’s fine by him.

To be fair, another way of phrasing that exact same point is that his change of system brought about a positive change in form which led to promotion. We finished up getting close to 100 points after that terrible start, and we've seen countless examples of big clubs struggling in that league recently, so I don't think there's any harm in giving him the credit for that one.

Doesn't stop him from needing to go after this season's capitulation though. 

14 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Certainly through the whole Kean era, and also through the Singh era

I know the blogs you did Glen were read by plenty and I have seen evidence for myself of some of the goings on, including team selection. I know certain people on here, for whatever reason, have either not read them properly, or have chosen to pour scorn on some of it. That of course is their choice.

Sadly, as we now see with Honeyman, there are STILL links to this regime and although we are all baffled with the players chosen and the formation played week in week out and even more baffled as to why a professional football manager, cannot fathom out, how to change a slide of epic proportions, perhaps there is still outside influence and that could explain how this has come about.

• Like 6

On the subject of agents and agencies, Honeyman also operates through a second company - CH soccer services Ltd. The whole industry is a very tangled web.

One agent that seems to be very involved with a lot of our recent deals and current players is a certain Simon Conning. The name may be vaguely familiar to some, I think @glen9mullanmight be able to shed a bit more light on him and his background.

Edited by Miller11
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I’ve heard the same, but haven’t been able to find any evidence either.

I did however find that Mike was with SEM in his playing days.

I know Dave Sheron is from Middlesbrough and he was the agent at the centre of the Bolton court case.

I couldn't find any Middlesbrough connection with Mike, who was born in Liverpool...

What's in a name, eh?

And there is a big difference between Kenny Rogers and our Eamonn!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lraC said:

I know the blogs you did Glen were read by plenty and I have seen evidence for myself of some of the goings on, including team selection. I know certain people on here, for whatever reason, have either not read them properly, or have chosen to pour scorn on some of it. That of course is their choice.

Sadly, as we now see with Honeyman, there are STILL links to this regime and although we are all baffled with the players chosen and the formation played week in week out and even more baffled as to why a professional football manager, cannot fathom out, how to change a slide of epic proportions, perhaps there is still outside influence and that could explain how this has come about.

There is a genuine denial of the facts, i did a massive email drop to hundreds of supporters a few years back,

Articles confirming the findings where done by journalist.

I did a tell all blog

I've been on podcast, 

Guess how many legal letters I got???? 

Correct fat zero,

I'm lucky or unlucky i've had direct contact with the owners, hence I choose not to engage with those at Ewood, go to the engine everytime.

There is less transparency now in what is said to supporters, that it becomes dubious what was said 

I've always tried to share everything which i can legally support, and can still hear the fear in Jeromes voice as we locked horns for an hour and half on the phone.

People will choose to believe what they want.

It gets to the stage, where you do what I've done for the last four years, withdraw mainly from social media, supporter groups, and if i have a question or a point, i direct it straight to india via phone.

Anyway on another note to lighten the mood, for anyone out there who likes a small flutter?

I own a racehorse who is running at Perth on Thursday.

We've been nursing him back from an injury and after a prep run, ran very well last time out to come 3rd.

He is in excellent form at home and has won 25% of his races, and the race has cut up well for Thursday so i'm expecting him to win,

Midnight moss

Edited by glen9mullan
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

BBD is represented by Wasserman who also have Charlie Mulgrew & Bradley Johnson on their books.

In January 2017, he was represented by Craig Mather of Simply Sport Management - a local Nottingham-based agency according to this on the FA website...

Mather used to be CEO at Rangers.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/ibrox-chief-craig-mather-walks-2461157

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.06.14pm.png

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 17.02.36pm.png

• Like 2