BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Four years? Try twelve.

Yet, there were those on here, who frankly, should know much better trying to make out that things were changing for the better at the club.

Nothing will, or can, change when owned by a far away family that have zero interest themselves, yet still don’t empower (or employ competent) people on the ground.

Completely dysfunctional and success will not and cannot occur with such a set up.

As regards your first point the title of the thread was asking people to assess Mowbray's reign as a whole not the owners'.

And as your second paragraph is no doubt a veiled dig at myself amongst others I understand that all manner of wonderful things seemed to be being promised after the debacle of last season. It wasn't something that people were merely making up. As far as I was concerned I think I always said it remained to be seen whether these improvements would actually  come to fruition and that the proof of the pudding would be in the eating.

Consequently as a complete outsider looking in I must say currently I can't see any real difference at all so far but those passionate and dedicated fans who took the trouble to engage with the Club and who have been Involved first hand in discussions might take a different view or have a more optimistic outlook.

1 hour ago, Hasta said:

Stability

Indeed. 

The way points are earned is a puzzler. Rovers under Mowbray win as many as they lose. However, as this year has proven it's extremely uneven. I assume that there be the same annoyance if instead of promotion form/death spiral scenarios it was a constant diet of win draw loss. Or would that dumb it all down further?

Lack of ownership is a common theme at Rovers.

There is a lack of ownership by Venky’s for the club as a whole, from facilities through to appointing a functional boardroom.

There is a lack of ownership from the “CEO” Steve Waggott to measure the current manager based on results and make unbiased decisions about his future for the good of the football club and fans. Ultimately failing completely in his role (arguably more so than anyone).

There is a lack of ownership by the manager weekly for his performance, his teams performances and the results.

The above is all enabled by the owners, they have no interest beyond a bank balance so why should anyone else (players included) have an interest beyond theirs?

Venky’s OUT. Waggott OUT and Mowbray OUT.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ghost7 said:

There is a lack of ownership by Venky’s for the club as a whole, from facilities through to appointing a functional boardroom.

There is a lack of ownership from the “CEO” Steve Waggott to measure the current manager based on results and make unbiased decisions about his future for the good of the football club and fans. Ultimately failing completely in his role (arguably more so than anyone).

There is a lack of ownership by the manager weekly for his performance, his teams performances and the results.

The above is all enabled by the owners, they have no interest beyond a bank balance so why should anyone else (players included) have an interest beyond theirs?

Hurrah! Seconded!

Venkys OUT! Waggot OUT! Gurning fan-lambasting sloping shouldered tactical fookwits OUT!!

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I specifically mentioned this season when apparently he was backed. That was the point I was arguing against. He did spend 15m on those 3 across his tenure, he has already recouped most on 1 and selling the second will bring his overall transfer business in at a profit by the summer.

For some reason, people who defend Venkys love to mention FFP. The refusal to revamp the pitch proved that FFP isnt the main limiting factor.

The loans are a necessity due to the budgets that he is set.

I’ll never defend Venkys but it annoys me that some people use Venkys as a reason to let Mowbray off the hook. They don’t stick Gallagher at fullback. They probably don’t even know what a fullback is… Or even what a Gallagher is.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, booth said:

I’ll never defend Venkys but it annoys me that some people use Venkys as a reason to let Mowbray off the hook. They don’t stick Gallagher at fullback. They probably don’t even know what a fullback is… Or even what a Gallagher is.

Owners don’t let managers off the hook, they sack them… unless it’s BRFC. So yes, all roads lead back to Pune.

• Like 6

• Backroom

Mowbray had a dream
He changed the football team
We have tall strikers but he played them on the wing
And at his expense
Stuck Dack on the bench
We’re Blackburn rovers
We’re finishing tenth.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, arbitro said:

Wayne Rooney said yesterday he hoped Mel Morris had a sleepless night for his part in Derby's demise. Our absent owners have ruined our club, pissed all over Jack Walkers legacy and still some of our supporters are beholden to them and even worse trust them.

I wouldn't give them the time of day.

I try not to divide and pigeon hole the fan base, but this short sighted bullshit, played out every few years by blaming whichever clown has been employed as manager pushes my buttons.

I criticized a poster a few days ago for saying some sections of the fanbase deserve this, I firmly believe non of the fanbase deserve to be treated like this, what those idiots in Pune have done to the club, the town and its supporters is criminal.

But what is even more criminal, is the fans that support the owners, by all means support the team, support the manager, but after 11yrs of Venkys, how the hell can you justify supporting these moronic owners?

You should hang your heads in shame.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 9

5 hours ago, Ghost7 said:

Its accountability and NOT ownership that is a major issue at Ewood.

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

If Waggott took it upon himself to sack Mowbray this morning, what do you think would happen if he rung Venky’s to tell them?

Firstly, he’d get bollocked for speaking to them directly and not going through Suhail.

Secondly, he’d get sacked for working outside of his remit. He isn’t even allowed to set season ticket prices without their sign off.

Thirdly, Venky’s would have Pasha reinstate Mowbray and offer him a new deal out of sheer pigheadedness. They’d have to show everyone that they run the club and make the decisions.

Of course ownership is the major issue.

• Like 7

Club has massive problems. We have a manager that shouldn't be there and I'm not just talking about this season. Yet due to the structure, constitution,  way its run, CEO authority, call it what you want, all decisions come from India but they have a delay factor.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Did you say the same when Venkys gave Kean a new deal after winning only 3 games in 26? 

That made him accountable alright, what utter bullshit. 

Its good to know that things could actually be worse I guess........

Edited by Gav

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Just 1864 trying to make sense of how he’s been led down the garden path by Waggott et al over brews and custard creams…

dont be crass I dont like custard creams! If thats your take then you are not as bright or educated as I thought you might be!

1 hour ago, Mike E said:

Mowbray had a dream
He changed the football team
We have tall strikers but he played them on the wing
And at his expense
Stuck Dack on the bench
We’re Blackburn rovers
We’re finishing tenth.

Mowbray had a dream.

He failed a football team

He had some money but spent it all on crap

He had 5 at the back and no attack