BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray's Reign...& is he off to Sunderland ?

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

What management team?

There's only 'Mr Waggott' and he's as much in the dark as Mowbray, and I expect won't be too happy if Mowbray is leaving.

Feathering his own nest, if he cannot be honest with his friend, then should hang his head in shame and clear his desk too

• Like 5

His body language, as always, is awful.

But I have zero sympathy for him. I'm not going to be made to feel bad about a manager who's contract is running down when he's allowed multiple players to run down their contracts.

I know that isn't entirely his own decision and he might be barely involved in that process, but he's been willing to tow the line in the media about how there's time to sort things out for others, so why should it be any different for him?

Edited by Eddie
  • Like 5

Undoubtedly a shoddy way of doing business.

I hope - but certainly don't expect - this to be a case of the Rovers hierarchy waiting and seeing how the season will develop whilst taking the opportunity to do the proper groundwork for identifying the best man to take us forward next year.

Sadly, it seems far more likely that we've sleepwalked ourselves into this position, which if so is very worrying. 

Looks like Venky’s are back in one of their frequent uninterested phases. Bit of a flicker around new year, but their interest has faded as quickly as our results since then.

This has to be seriously demotivating for Mowbray, the man charged with motivating the players. If they had no intention of keeping him they should’ve replaced him by now.

Obviously its the Venky way to opt for the penny pinching cheap option, and to ignore problems until they can be bothered.

• Like 1

Oh I agree, if this was being handled properly then there would be an official announcement this week and a cheery send off on Saturday.

But who, outside of India, is willing and able to communicate with fans on an issue as significant as the manager's future?

Does anyone have the authority to say anything even if they wanted to?

12 minutes ago, rog of the rovers said:

Can't help but feel a little twinge of sadness watching the interview, a conversation should have been had with Mowbray months ago, even if just to say ''we'll have a review at the end of the season''.

The timing of this just feels right though. For him and for the fans, and has done for the past 6-8 weeks if we're being honest.

Mowbray can leave with his head held high and still with a certain amount of credit with the Rovers fanbase. I'm sure he'll be welcomed at Ewood any time in the future.

Take a break Tony, enjoy the time with family, as for us, a fresh start is exciting, scary, daunting, hopeful, a real mixed bag of emotions.

I know I'm ready for a new chapter, lets hope for us and for him we both get the happy ending.

He's driven me up the bloody wall for the past 18 months, but very well said.

• Like 6

Again I read Mowbray's interview and it is all about him and his family life/balance, talking about hardly seeing his son for the last 5 years etc.

This is where I get annoyed with him. I'd have some sympathy if he just left it at admitting there had been no discussions and as such he was being let go, but instead he seems to project a belief that he's been here doing us a favour for the last 5 years or that managing our club has been a chore that he really doesn't need. If it is such an issue for him he could have walked away at any stage with his held held high.

Facts of the matter are he's had a good run at it, rebuilt his managerial reputation and been very well paid.

Interesting he mentions a 5 year plan coming to an end. Not sure who else aside maybe Guardiola, Klopp or Ten Hag would be handed such a long term 'project' and be left to get on with it.

• Like 4

That is one weird interview, and some contradictions.

I thought he was more animated than usual.

I know he played the family/ son card but looks a bit offended by the lack of a new offer.

He says he's decided, in the absence of an offer his decision can only be that he's off.

Bye bye.

• Like 2

Guys a tool living of a promotion from L1 4 years ago. He is tactically inept, other than the first half of this season a side, results have been regularly mediocre. Im excited to not have to read his ramblings.

I am however, equally concerned that the club isnt set up to conduct a proper manager search, nor have any idea the direction it wants to go. Whilst its a great chance to appoint someone dynamic and ambitious, well just as likely end up with another journeyman from the same agency.

heres hoping....

• Like 4

The rumours about WBA and Stoke are likely to be baseless, but even if they are true the situation doesn't change.

Sooner or later, whether it be now, Xmas or next summer, Mowbray will leave this club for one reason or another.

As it stands it looks like that is going to be because our loony owners are in hibernation mode and aren't doing anything about their Club, so off he goes. But it could just as easily be that Mowbray opts to retire or that some other club offers him a better deal and then we are in the same position - we still need Venkys or one of the other incompetents at Ewood to select a new manager.

Got to cross that bridge sooner or later, lets just hope that the start of the summer is the best time rather than mid-season.

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

For what it’s worth, this would be my runners and riders (in no particular order)

Farke

Carvalhal

Bilic

Jokanovic

Knutsen

Liam Manning

Dyche

All good suggestions although I know very little of Knutsen.

Carvalhal is being linked with Reading and is said to be keen on returning to England, which if true we should be all over.

Farke, Bilic, Jokanovic and Dyche would be expensive but attainable if the deal was right.

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

End of the day, love him or loath him, it’s a piss poor way to treat employees, but this is the standard lack of respect you expect from that lot, yet they certainly expect to receive plenty of it back from us mere mortals. Usual thing though isn’t it - money doesn’t buy class.

And of course, we look to be going into a new season as rudderless as we were when it became clear Lambert was going, they had ample time for succession planning, yet we were scrambling round for a manager well into summer, until that doughnuts and head tennis fella that luckily enough lived on Brockhall Village took it.

12 years on and they’ve learnt f*ck all…

What an embarrassingly bad way to treat an employee!

God, how I worry about what these owners may do/not do next....

If they really can't be arsed to run the club properly, why don't they just f**** off!

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

What an embarrassingly bad way to treat an employee!

God, how I worry about what these owners may do/not do next....

If they really can't be arsed to run the club properly, why don't they just f**** off!

But good things are coming, the blueprint plan has been shown to the select few.

We have to show our appreciation to India, to the board, to the flag

• Like 1

Right time to go no doubt about it. Perhaps a year or two late if anything. 

However, whatever you’re opinion, he deserves a decent send off. He’s given this club a lot and that promotion season from league 1, while expected, is probably as good as we’ve had it in 12 or so years. 

The worrying thing is that there doesn’t seem to be a plan in place in terms or whose next aswell as recruitment - no wonder players aren’t signing new contracts. Hoping for Jokanavic, Farke or Carvolhal. 

• Like 5

Sharpe is saying that he's been trying for 'some time' to get an interview with Swag to discuss TM and also season tickets.  He's had no joy.

Is he just being ignorant?  Secretive?  Or has he no f*cking idea what's going on himself.  Take your pick really as none of them would come as a surprise.

Either way, as people have already said its no way to treat an employee.

• Like 7