BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 hour ago, booth said:

I always thought his contract ended on May 31st. I can't remember where I got that from. Anyone know when his contract ends?

It ended weeks ago, we are into his new deal now mate, signed it 3 months ago👍  3 more years of drizzlegate

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Playing a 20 goal strikers at fullback? You’d be pulling your hair out in no time roverandout!

Did he do it every week? Did it work? Because Mowbray plays several players out of position sometimes twice weekly and it's never worked.

Who was the striker by the way?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

As long as it's only a year and they point out they'll expect him to step down if/when we go on another ridiculously bad run.

Don’t worry he’s an honourable man that won’t burden the club. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, booth said:

Did he do it every week? Did it work? Because Mowbray plays several players out of position sometimes twice weekly and it's never worked.

Who was the striker by the way?

Weimann. Something we say every week when Mowbray plays players out of position 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Weimann. Something we say every week when Mowbray plays players out of position 

But under what circumstances was he played there?

I don't think any Rovers fans have an issue with players playing out of position. All managers do it. Anyone remember a silver haired Mark Hughes playing in midfield? Those times Hendry or Samba played up front? Look at Chris Sutton, started life as a centre half.

The difference is, those either worked or the manager was forced into it.

In many cases Mowbray isn't forced into it, he just does it for fun. And he does it week after week as if he's too stubborn to back down.

Giles on the wrong side, Gallagher out wide (and full back!), Dolan as a false 9, Clarkson as a false 9, Armstrong out wide...

Bradley Johnson as a false 9 😄 and he'd have done it again if Johnson hadn't gone public about it not working.

Edited by booth
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

As far as i'm aware, I don't tend to post any info which is unlikely and I'm at around 95% success rate over the last 15 years.

Things change all the time, and i've heard nothing to suggest its changed.

Like anything, it will come down to whatever is negotiated, I don't know many skint bookies either

Thanks Glen for reply and the info you posted. 

I am really hoping its happens cos he would ambitious mean the business managerial appointment. 

6 hours ago, JHRover said:

I think Mowbray is playing the Venky game here.

Quite obvious he and others have been kept in the dark by India for some time. Quite obvious what happens if he doesn't renew his contract very soon. Goes without saying that unless they do something at their end he's not going to be here. All the rest of the talk is just pointless. The assumption would be that they are fed up with him, planning on a change and have held talks with alternatives, because that is what responsible club owners would do.

But here it is more likely, on balance, that India don't have any such plan, that they aren't remotely interested in Mowbray's contract situation and will only deal with such things at a time that suits them.

So I imagine the latest performance from Mowbray is just a public reminder to the owners that unless they move to get this sorted then inevitably he will be off and they will have to find someone else to do it.

If I was betting on this I'd expect a couple of weeks of silence after the Birmingham game with Mowbray going on holiday and then at some stage after that, once they've blown any window of opportunity to get a decent new manager in, that Mowbray is announced signing a new deal to stay on, some sort of 'statement' from the owners and maybe even a half decent transfer kitty in an effort to persuade him to stay.

Ffs Hope not. I think there will have to be protests if that happens. Waiting for gav to poo poo me for not being a true supporter but I think this will be the end of the line for me regarding rovers

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, renrag said:

Who scored against us

Where they desperate for bods or had their manager had obviously seen something he felt might work ?

Either way it did.

Our mon on the other hand does it mostly willy nilly and nothing more to it than getting guys on the pitch.

And it's never worked !

I think that concludes the debate.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Ffs Hope not. I think there will have to be protests if that happens. Waiting for gav to poo poo me for not being a true supporter but I think this will be the end of the line for me regarding rovers

If you look on Twitter you will find many Mowbray fans. It’s like a different dimension. 

This smug looking bastard for example idolises him and he’s not alone. Finish the job? Couldn’t make it up  

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dan said:

If you look on Twitter you will find many Mowbray fans. It’s like a different dimension. 

This smug looking bastard for example idolises him and he’s not alone. Finish the job? Couldn’t make it up  

Probably another venkys plant 

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Finish what job? The watering down of fan expectations... Couldn't make it up.

• Like 1

if mowbray does end up staying then i hope the happy clappers like sitting on their own,there will be plenty of empty seats for them to choose,the u`23s for me next season if he`s still here,beachcasting at rossal on the saturday🙂

Edited by simongarnerisgod
worded wrong
  • Like 1

There are many more like the above fan on twitter and at Ewood. On here many of us dislike Mowbray's management and give the owners stick over how they run the club, but we seem to be in a minority, which is bizarre as all we are doing is calling for standards to be raised at the club. We refuse to accept and excuse mediocrity at Rovers. That doesn't make anybody who feels like that, "spoilt".

However, inside Ewood is a different matter, as generally the fans at the ground these days think Venky's are doing a good job as they have stuck around this long, we'd be screwed without their money and that they were conned by agents in the early days. There's definitely a bit of "we should be grateful" going around some parts of the fan base.

The irony is, they (the owners) are the reason why Rovers are a shell today and all ambition has been drained away from the club. They are the reason why the club has been dragged down to this level. They are the reason we keep on seeing these spirals and slides down the table (as they could have sacked him long ago). Yet we should be grateful for that and want more of the same by giving Mowbray an extended deal.

It's pretty sad, really, but the fans aren't to blame for all of this.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

He's 40 and retiring this year.

Judging by his cameo last night he'd struggle to get in my weekly Weds night game - he can barely move.

The commentators last night were salivating over Vokes' headed goal.

I was like... seriously? Haggis scored at least one like that every single game. 

20 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

There are many more like the above fan on twitter and at Ewood. On here many of us dislike Mowbray's management and give the owners stick over how they run the club, but we seem to be in a minority, which is bizarre as all we are doing is calling for standards to be raised at the club. We refuse to accept and excuse mediocrity at Rovers. That doesn't make anybody who feels like that, "spoilt".

However, inside Ewood is a different matter, as generally the fans at the ground these days think Venky's are doing a good job as they have stuck around this long, we'd be screwed without their money and that they were conned by agents in the early days. There's definitely a bit of "we should be grateful" going around some parts of the fan base.

The irony is, they (the owners) are the reason why Rovers are a shell today and all ambition has been drained away from the club. They are the reason why the club has been dragged down to this level. They are the reason we keep on seeing these spirals and slides down the table (as they could have sacked him long ago). Yet we should be grateful for that and want more of the same by giving Mowbray an extended deal.

It's pretty sad, really, but the fans aren't to blame for all of this.

And those fans aren’t going to change their minds and adopt the attitudes of the majority on here. Not because they are thick/demented/deluded, but because they are no different to those of us who started supporting the club in the early 1970s third division days and who couldn’t have given a shit about the perspectives of the 1960 cup final ticket boycotters, of who there were many thousands.

The younger more positive supporters clearly enjoy it, as did we back in the day, and the fact that things are a lot crapper than 12 years ago makes no odds to them. We were singing the praises of John McNamee - a lower league clogger if ever there was one - only two years after captain of England Ronnie Clayton was in his position! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dan said:

calling a fellow Rovers fan a "smug bastard"....really?

• Like 1