BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Who is going to conduct these interviews? Is there anyone at the club that actually knows anything about football? Anyone can bullshit in an interview. Even Mowbray can sometimes talk a good game. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why has he got to be sack for? His contract ends in 7 weeks time. 

Because that's what suit this group of players In my opinion. 

What happens if you employ a manager who specific style not suited to Dack or Buckley or other attacking players. We have mid table championship squad and with additions to the squad we should be challenging for the playoffs next season. Or you willing to allow him to massive overall the playing staff? 

On Lee Johnson and someone who was harshly sacked at Sunderland, Has a history of bringing through academy players, made some good transfers from PL like Tomas Kalas and Jay De Silva. Maybe he abit like Mowbray tbh but someone I would interview

You know what I mean, there is still no clarity from the club on Mowbray's future, and he has not even had a call from our tosspot owners.

It should simply be a case of appointing someone not to fit a specific style that we want to play, or even to pacify this obsession over the young players, it should all be about bringing in someone to get the best results.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Not having a pop at you, Chaddy, but this reported interview process just sums up the cluelessness with which we are run.

A clued up, well run club identifies the person they want and goes after them.

Given the amount of work to be done, and the early start to next season, we cannot afford to be messing about with interviews.

If you don’t get your first choice you move on to your second preferred candidate, and so on.

I see no problem with interview a number of candidates and seeing which suits the remit of the club's strategy going forward. 

You have all of May to interview and appoint the next managerial appointment to be honest. 

Yes there is a number of backroom team positions to fill plus a coming up with transfer shortlist before the players come back in late June

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You know what I mean, there is still no clarity from the club on Mowbray's future, and he has not even had a call from our tosspot owners.

Mowbray clarified his future yesterday and that was his last game. He has walked away from Rovers. 

Our focus should be on the next managerial appointment. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It should simply be a case of appointing someone not to fit a specific style that we want to play, or even to pacify this obsession over the young players, it should all be about bringing in someone to get the best results.

No, you bring in a manager that suits the club squad, fits the football strategy of the club including transfer budget, bringing through our good young players which you seems to want to ignore for some reasons given that, etc. 

No point bringing in manager who tactics and style of play won't suit the playing staff

My top 5 realistic wish list

1. Bilic

2. farke

3. Danny Cowley

4. Michael carrick

5. Chris hughton 

so yea ainsworth isn’t in my top 5, I’d get behind him if he came here I just don’t see it working out.

told you to keep an eye on Duncan Ferguson and his odds have came crashing down, same as tam courts and Neil Lennon, hope not , any of these would be an anticlimax 

• Like 1

The club should already know who or what it wants and have lined people up. If you know what you want and have the determination to get it then you don't need to interview various random names.

Those linked with the job so far suggest a scattergun approach as they are all very different in style, background, track record.

We already know what managers offer before the interview. Anyone who bothers to come to one wants a job so will tell us what we want to hear. 

Of course any manager is going to agree to use our academy, so this developer-of-young-players thing will only be tested in time and if the players are good enough and not to the detriment of results.

Any decent manager should be interviewing us. Not the other way around. He needs to know if we can be trusted and deliver what he needs to succeed.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

told you to keep an eye on Duncan Ferguson and his odds have came crashing down, same as tam courts and Neil Lennon, hope not , any of these would be an anticlimax 

You think Duncan Ferguson coming here is realistic? 

Do you know much about Tam Courts? 

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I see no problem with interview a number of candidates and seeing which suits the remit of the club's strategy going forward. 

That might have some logic if the club knew what the strategy was.

If I was a manager and the comedy character that is Steve Waggott started spouting his ideas to me in an interview, I'd make my apologies and leave.

It's fuzzy minded thinking.

Identify who is likely to get results and go after them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You think Duncan Ferguson coming here is realistic? 

Do you know much about Tam Courts? 

Depends if he wants Into management, really like him but as a manager hmm not for me but I was merely commenting on his odds coming down from 50s to 10s, somebody is putting money on him.

courts is a no, don’t know where that’s came from but also down to 10s

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well considering the job he has done on shoe string budget in League 2 and 1 which he gained 2 promotions with them, Ainsworth has done very well there. 

Here we go again with Mick McCarthy points/comments, He is outdated and tactics at Cardiff shown that this season. I wouldn't want him here. We need a manager like Farke or someone who will play an attacking style of play where we press high and win the ball back. McCarthy and Hughton aren't this person. 

Not for me. Just look how good Forest look under Cooper compare to Hughton days there. 

That is a concern with Carlos Calvalhal the amount of clubs he has had and the amount of seasons he has at each one. 

Farke is the obvious candidate. They are others I would want to interview like Gareth Ainsworth, Lee Johnson, Former Granada Head coach Diego Martínez, maybe a few others. 

Agree that Hughton isn't an upgrade on Mowbray at all

Lee Johnson 😂😂😂

You don’t want Hughton who was sacked from forest but want a man sacked by Sunderland?

4 minutes ago, martonrover said:

That might have some logic if the club knew what the strategy was.

If I was a manager and the comedy character that is Steve Waggott started spouting his ideas to me in an interview, I'd make my apologies and leave.

It's fuzzy minded thinking.

Identify who is likely to get results and go after them.

I think the strategy is already there and what I have said imo is the club footballing strategy going forward. 

I understand your points about Waggott. Never met him so can't comment on him personally. 

This is why have mentioned more than enough time on here about appointing Sporting Director and let them run the football side of the club including managerial appointment along side the CEO. I don't think that we have enough time to bring this structure this summer. So lets go and appoint the right manager that fits in with that football strategy and for me its Daniel Farke all day long

Pin a photo of each out of work manager onto a wall.

Bring in a blindfolded BRFCS poster (picked at random from Tony's Tombola).

Spin them round 3 times.

Give them one dart to throw at the wall.

This might aswell be the selection process and the title of this thread.

Chance of success is very similar.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Lee Johnson 😂😂😂

You don’t want Hughton who was sacked from forest but want a man sacked by Sunderland?

Like I said before unfairly sacked at Sunderland 3rd in the league. 

I said I would interview him. That's all. 

Hughton was a disaster at Forest and they were bottom of the league under him, Now Cooper has them in the playoff places. For me, Hughton is yesterday man and we should leave him there

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray clarified his future yesterday and that was his last game. He has walked away from Rovers. 

Our focus should be on the next managerial appointment. 

No, you bring in a manager that suits the club squad, fits the football strategy of the club including transfer budget, bringing through our good young players which you seems to want to ignore for some reasons given that, etc. 

No point bringing in manager who tactics and style of play won't suit the playing staff

As if we have a strategy!

Why aren't the club/owners putting out a statement about the manager? Why haven't they even contacted him about his future?

Obviously a manager coming in and choosing a style that doesn't fit the players wouldn't end in good results but we shouldn't appoint someone just because of the style they usually play.

I never said that we shouldn't bring through young players, but it shouldn't be key in appointing someone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think the strategy is already there and what I have said imo is the club footballing strategy going forward. 

I understand your points about Waggott. Never met him so can't comment on him personally. 

This is why have mentioned more than enough time on here about appointing Sporting Director and let them run the football side of the club including managerial appointment along side the CEO. I don't think that we have enough time to bring this structure this summer. So lets go and appoint the right manager that fits in with that football strategy and for me its Daniel Farke all day long

I agree, but that supports the argument that the club should just go all to get Farke and not mess around with interviews.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PeteJD13 said:

Lee Johnson Crikey i would rather keep Mowbray then have him anywhere near the club

Rather have Boris Johnson than Lee.

Just now, joey_big_nose said:

My gut feel is we aren't activitively looking for anybody. Venkys probably just waking up to idea that we need a new manager. Waggott desperately trying to get Pune on the phone for direction but with little luck.

Same.

Realistically Farke should be running into Mowbray at Brockhall as Ol' Tone is clearing out his office.

Instead we'll dally and someone else will hire him (and his entire backroom staff who are also currently out of work). 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Same.

Realistically Farke should be running into Mowbray at Brockhall as Ol' Tone is clearing out his office.

Instead we'll dally and someone else will hire him (and his entire backroom staff who are also currently out of work). 

Exactly.

We'll no doubt piss about 'interviewing' half a dozen candidates, then um and ah for a fortnight pretending to make a decision.

In the meantime, clubs like QPR will steal a march on us, go straight for the guy at the top of their list, who'll then start making signings before our lot realise this season has ended.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Rather have Boris Johnson than Lee.

His hair is too long and his dress sense is picked from a skip.

We need someone who at least looks professional on the touchline.

Plus he's a populist so would just go with whatever we want on here, the biggest Rovers MB .... and sometimes we may even be wrong....