BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 minutes ago, DingleDestroyer said:

@glen9mullanThe rumours atm all seem to suggest that the managerial search has only just begun, with shortlists being drafted up and interviews soon to be scheduled. Whilst this wouldn't be surprising, given there is still no official statement about TM, you said you heard Farke was in the picture back in March. This goes against the current consensus as it suggests there HAS been some planning going on behind the scenes, albeit perhaps w/o any of the boards involvement.

Do you believe, as the reports suggest , we are playing catch-up again or do you think an appointment is imminent? 

Catch up - end of

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DingleDestroyer said:

@glen9mullanThe rumours atm all seem to suggest that the managerial search has only just begun, with shortlists being drafted up and interviews soon to be scheduled. Whilst this wouldn't be surprising, given there is still no official statement about TM, you said you heard Farke was in the picture back in March. This goes against the current consensus as it suggests there HAS been some planning going on behind the scenes, albeit perhaps w/o any of the boards involvement.

Do you believe, as the reports suggest , we are playing catch-up again or do you think an appointment is imminent? 

This is Venkys we are dealing with and i know from a national sports journalist that they were tempted to try and bring in Mark Hughes after a bad run of results last season. That is not to say he is in the running now in Venky Fantasy World

Chris Houghton gets a big 👎👎👎from me, nothing much against him, he's a competent manager but that's about it, he would not take the club forward at all and would be completely uninspiring imo! 

Also amazed to see that he's actually in his 60s! he looks bloody good for it, I still had him down as a relatively young manager in my mind for some reason

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

Anybody fancy starting a poll for the new manager? 

Bit tedious, but was thinking maybe with two seperate questions/polls

1. A poll that strictly only includes managers whose names have been mentioned by reporters in the various medias. 

2. A general poll made up of any realistic potential candidates that you'd like 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

4 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Anybody fancy starting a poll for the new manager? 

Bit tedious, but was thinking maybe with two seperate questions/polls

1. A poll that strictly only includes managers whose names have been mentioned by reporters in the various medias. 

2. A general poll made up of any realistic potential candidates that you'd like 

Mm, would Mowbray’s name have been in either of those polls last time ?

• Backroom
4 hours ago, goozburger said:

Where did it come from that Venkys were trying to sell the club to the Issa brothers?

They weren't trying to sell, just get them onboard.

The Issas aren't remotely interested in Rovers, won't even sponsor a player, met alone the shirts or a stand or the ground. Won't touch us.

Hughton wouldn't be my first choice but it would be an appointment I could firmly understand and get behind, and I would have some confidence he could take the club forwards, which is more than can be said for most of the names mentioned so far.

If he had never gone to Forest, or had left in the summer before their nightmare start to the season, I think most people would have been very happy to have him here, as his reputation prior to August/September 2021 was outstanding at Newcastle, Birmingham and Brighton.

I think he's an intelligent operator who has more sense than to launch himself into any old job just for the sake of getting back into it. 

Not one I think will happen. He won't have the right 'connections' for Venkys.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

They weren't trying to sell, just get them onboard.

The Issas aren't remotely interested in Rovers, won't even sponsor a player, met alone the shirts or a stand or the ground. Won't touch us.

So much for being Blackburn boys, eh?

• Like 3

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

In fairness, would you want your brand name plastered all over the shitshow we are?

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hughton wouldn't be my first choice but it would be an appointment I could firmly understand and get behind, and I would have some confidence he could take the club forwards, which is more than can be said for most of the names mentioned so far.

If he had never gone to Forest, or had left in the summer before their nightmare start to the season, I think most people would have been very happy to have him here, as his reputation prior to August/September 2021 was outstanding at Newcastle, Birmingham and Brighton.

I think he's an intelligent operator who has more sense than to launch himself into any old job just for the sake of getting back into it. 

Not one I think will happen. He won't have the right 'connections' for Venkys.

hughton is to much like mowbray for me,plays the same conservative way,has always worked on a pretty big budget as well,which he is`nt getting here,he has however got a better track record than moggadon and is`nt as miserable as our tony either,not an appointment to get excited about but far from the worst

• Like 1

It's borderline impossible to think that Venkys didn't know about Mowbrays impending exit and therefore should have a plan in place BUT a huge part of me thinks they just expected Mowbray to sign on again in a couple of weeks and that'll be that.

In fairness to Mowbray, he's tried at least, to force Venkys hand one way or another by going public with it. It's backfired somewhat on him as they didnt pick up the phone like he expected them too. 

Now, I have no idea what the plan is but you can be sure that there will be little urgency coming from India, it's horrendous, torture for the fans that they care so little for the club.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

If we had Premier league profile they'd probably suddenly become life long fans.

Plastic Reds, there is nothing worse in E Lancs.

So Alex Neil who at Preston finished above Mowbrays Rovers several times despite having less to work with goes into basket case Sunderland and helps them to the play off final.

• Like 2

I think Neil is a decent manager. I think he went through a similar process at PNE to that Mowbray went through here, whereby he had 3 seasons at it in the Championship, but then things just reached a natural conclusion, he recognised this as did the club and they parted company. No fuss, no animosity, no drama, just thanks for over 3 years of hard work, accept time for a change, go off and have a rest.

That is what should have happened with Mowbray at 2-3 points in the last 24 months but due to the joke setup we are there was and is nobody at the Club to apply any sort of process, decision making or authority to this, and so Mowbray was instead allowed to continue unabated through horror spells where seasons have been derailed.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Hughton's past his sell-by date, surely? And he failed miserably at Forest last time out

Check. He's perfect for Rovers

Had a top CV at this level before the Forest job. Repeated success at multiple clubs. Wouldn't be at the top of my list if we could get Farke, but a bad 6 months doesn't make him a bad manager.

• Like 1

Neil also had a couple of their best players sold from under him which is when things stated to go backwards.  Unlike our mon who only had AA leave and he practically advertised him for sale himself.

Then had a 7 million pound buy waiting in the wings to throw in with his 5 million pound other wide forward.

Very badly treated though....

• Like 1

There's the possibility that we haven't had an announcement because Venkys still want him to stay and are working towards that happening.

The only thing worse than that possibility is we haven't had an announcement because nobody at the club knows what Venkys want.

• Like 4

If Waggot is behind it then it'll be another cost cutting measure hes sold to the Vs i think there is a real danger of this.

Not that Mowbray is going but that there'll be not much made available to replace him.