BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

21 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Shebby Singh was the man who brought them to the club.Thought Portugal had a lot of talent coming through

I can vouch for that, myself and J*B heard it straight from the horses mouth. Nothing to do with Kean that one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

I know you’ve got to take the betting odds with a pinch of salt but Simon Grayson is into 3/1 from 25/1 yesterday. Someone’s putting some money on him! What an absolutely awful appointment that would be. Can’t think of many worse. 

Hughton would be a bad appointment according to Forest fans.

10 minutes ago, Butty said:

I know you’ve got to take the betting odds with a pinch of salt but Simon Grayson is into 3/1 from 25/1 yesterday. Someone’s putting some money on him! What an absolutely awful appointment that would be. Can’t think of many worse. 

4 minutes ago, Butty said:

I don’t want Hughton but I certainly don’t want Grayson f**k me.

couldnt agree more

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Links to the club through him and his son, lives locally, string of failures, cheap… certainly shades of Coyle’s appointment 

i'd rather we got Ted Lasso than him ffs

• Like 2

4-5 years ago around the Coyle/Mowbray arrival time I'd have been all over Grayson here as his stock was high at Preston.

But not any more. He seems to have lost his mojo and it would be a ludicrous, yet typical parochial Rovers appointment.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mowbray has dropped his name in there as they seem to get on well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

4-5 years ago around the Coyle/Mowbray arrival time I'd have been all over Grayson here as his stock was high at Preston.

But not any more. He seems to have lost his mojo and it would be a ludicrous, yet typical parochial Rovers appointment.

Wouldn't surprise me if Mowbray has dropped his name in there as they seem to get on well.

Was a serial L1 promotion winner, and you could say that was reasonably unfortunate to lose one or two of his previous jobs after establishing clubs in the Championship.

But yes, looking at his record at this level from where we are now, we simply cannot be looking at him as an option to take us forward. Worse than keeping Mowbray on, not even much better than a Coyle-level appointment.

• Like 1

Yes, he was excellent at Blackpool, Leeds and Preston, and also got Huddersfield up in his sort time there.

I wouldn't hold his Sunderland spell against him as everyone struggles there and they were a sinking ship when he went in but since then it has been a succession of ill fated spells.

I wouldn't describe him as a failure at Bradford, Blackpool and Fleetwood, but certainly nothing there to warrant getting the Rovers job.

He always had Glyn Snodin and Ian Miller on his coaching staff until those most recent couple of jobs when he has worked instead with Dunny. Not blaming Dunny for the downturn but sometimes managers just aren't the same after losing their right hand man.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Grayson? Oh my God!!! Sacked from his last three jobs at League One clubs. F*ck me, I give up if he gets it.

Simon Grayson fits the Venky mould perfectly, cheap, available and useless.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Butty said:

The appointment of Grayson would be on a par with Coyle as an absolute disaster. He'd probably bring Dunn with him so Venkys in their usual madcap way would probably think it would be popular with the fans - that's if they give it any thought at all. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yes, he was excellent at Blackpool, Leeds and Preston, and also got Huddersfield up in his sort time there.

I wouldn't hold his Sunderland spell against him as everyone struggles there and they were a sinking ship when he went in but since then it has been a succession of ill fated spells.

I wouldn't describe him as a failure at Bradford, Blackpool and Fleetwood, but certainly nothing there to warrant getting the Rovers job.

He always had Glyn Snodin and Ian Miller on his coaching staff until those most recent couple of jobs when he has worked instead with Dunny. Not blaming Dunny for the downturn but sometimes managers just aren't the same after losing their right hand man.

Having Dunny as your “ right hand man .” Is the “ added degree of difficulty “ factor in any appointment.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

I felt the same listening to a few other managers last season, clear, straight to the point and not afraid to say when something just wasn't good enough.

Now i know we don't listen to them all the time but in contrast to ours it was a stark one.

Genuinely wasn't keen.. until I heard him speak, just refreshing, honest and vibrant.. he also has a proven track record of over achievement with a small budget.

I think we have an honest young bunch of players who could thrive off him..

Would be happy with either Ainsworth or Farkhe.

• Like 4

David Dunn’s coaching/management career has been absolutely woeful. I’m always amazed that there is fairly constant clamour to bring him back to the club in some capacity from a section of our support.

Grayson would be an absolute shocker of an appointment… but it’d fit the easy and cheap category. I mentioned after one of his recent appearances summarising our game on telly that it sounded like a pitch for the job.

• Like 7

40 minutes ago, JHRover said:

That's what I thought when someone mentioned getting Sparky back. Whilst I wouldn't advocate getting Bowen in as manager, I'd almost prefer that if we were getting one of the two. By all accounts he was responsible for us becoming the fittest team in the Prem, which was a massive part of success at that point. 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am grateful for league 1 promotion but this season after being second we should at least got a playoff place. 

Rovers need to get Daniel Farke and back him financially and give him 2 years to achieve promotion 

Pete was being sarcastic chaddy

• Like 2