BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Ambition in football is money.

Without Jacks dream or cash, he wouldn’t have come.

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Point completely missed as usual.

I know you're trying to wind everyone up peddling your usual "We're poor little Blackburn Rovers, how can we possibly hope to compete?" line but in this instance the cost is irrelevant.

Whatever the managerial pool we are fishing in, we ought to be able to identify a couple of stand out candidates and bring them in, not interview anyone with a pulse.

The local media seem to be making it a badge of honour that the "short" list is getting longer and longer when the opposite is in fact the case. We need a quality not quantity, a couple of top quality names not sifting through a sea of dross.

Still, what do you expect with Waggott conducting the process?

Point missed? As in comparing / expecting the club to go out and get one of the best managers in the country?

I know that he is talking about choosing someone and just employing them rather than interviewing, but it’s hardly a scandal to have such a process.

If being told the truth that we aren’t anywhere near that level, is winding you up, then I suggest you get a grip.

That doesn’t mean this process couldn’t be better, it doesn’t mean that the club is achieving its “maximum” and it doesn’t mean I believe we cannot compete in the championship for promotion.

The idea that cost is irrelevant is ridiculous.

42 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

5 of the starting XI were Academy players last year.

How many more do you want?! At some stage you have to make good signings to bolster the squad - I'm as big of an advocate as any of the Academy and promoting youth, but you can never have a full XI of them, it's just not feasible. 

I would like to see players Jack Vale, Hayden Carter and Jake Garrett be part of our squad for the coming season. Yes we need around 6 signings this summer to our Squad

39 minutes ago, martonrover said:

A muddled process, where the main criteria of the job spec  so far has been to not currently be employed as a manager.

That in itself is all wrong . We’re not fishing in the Premier League, but if there’s a manager in the Championship or League One who we fancy, we should already have been after that person.

I think Rovers and Waggott have done it right by interviewing several different candidates and hopefully this week we can select the right candidate now. 

38 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

And that’s fine, but don’t use Mercer as a credible source when you’ve been rightly calling out his nonsense predictions for months. 

It was several different people within all fairness

38 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

On the Ferguson link, I don’t know what he’s done to deserve the job.  Apart from that short stint at Everton he has no experience in a managerial capacity.  All that running around dancing with ball boys doesn’t impress me either.  Who knows, it might be an inspired appointment, but initially I can’t say I’d be very impressed with it. 

all fair points

• Backroom
1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

As I understand what was said is that a decision is agreed with the board and if necessary it goes to the owners the people at the helm have autonomy on decision making

So he doesn't make the big decisions then.  Cheers.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

God i hope something is finalised by friday. 

Can't be asses with another week of this guff. 

Plus we need a new manager in ASAP to start assessing our squad and preparing training before pre season starts! So we can hopefully hit the ground running early in the new season 🤞

more chance of platting fog, it'll  be another 2/3 weeks of this shambles

• Like 3

Some really underwhelming names being banded about, I have based on history under Venkys always been prepared for an underwhelming appointment likely based on frugality and an underappreciation as to the importance of a good mangaer.

Villa's assistant manger would be not what we need, you can upload as many youtube interviews as you like, he is a total rookie and we need someone who has at least proven something as a manager. Carrick falls into the same category as does Ferguson who I think appeals to some because he runs around like a maniac on the sideline and people place too much importance on touchline demeanour for some reason.

Throw in plenty of the usual wannabee ITK's arguing with each other and even a bit of hypocritical childish superfan nonsense and lets hope the appointment is made ASAP!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

God i hope something is finalised by friday. 

Can't be asses with another week of this guff. 

Plus we need a new manager in ASAP to start assessing our squad and preparing training before pre season starts! So we can hopefully hit the ground running early in the new season 🤞

It’s all gone really quiet on the Lenihan and Nyambe contract talks too.

Whether that’s due to the powers that be only being able to do one thing at once and concentrating all their efforts on the manager search, or the players wanting to see if the appointment matches their ambitions, who knows. Either way it feels like the longer it takes for us to appoint someone, the more likely they will be to get fixed up elsewhere.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Some really underwhelming names being banded about, I have based on history under Venkys always been prepared for an underwhelming appointment likely based on frugality and an underappreciation as to the importance of a good mangaer.

Villa's assistant manger would be not what we need, you can upload as many youtube interviews as you like, he is a total rookie and we need someone who has at least proven something as a manager. Carrick falls into the same category as does Ferguson who I think appeals to some because he runs around like a maniac on the sideline and people place too much importance on touchline demeanour for some reason.

Throw in plenty of the usual wannabee ITK's arguing with each other and even a bit of hypocritical childish superfan nonsense and lets hope the appointment is made ASAP!

We don't have the infrastructure to support a rookie manager.

Nor do I trust our decision makers to pick the right rookie manager. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

Whether that’s due to the powers that be only being able to do one thing at once and concentrating all their efforts on the manager search, or the players wanting to see if the appointment matches their ambitions, who knows. Either way it feels like the longer it takes for us to appoint someone, the more likely they will be to get fixed up elsewhere.

I'm genuinely amazed they're both still here. 

Realistically they should be trying to secure contracts elsewhere so they're ready to go on their new team's pre-season tour. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JBiz said:

I personally just think he makes it up. 10 years of “wee” titbits and I can’t recall a single time one of his predictions has come true.

In related, but vitally important, news: I've spent my life thinking it was "tidbits". I prefer yours. Reminds me of Topman's avatars...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

The idea that cost is irrelevant is ridiculous.

It's not a particularly significant factor, the owners could if they so wished easily afford anyone we could realistically attract and plenty we couldn't.

They would have to figure out how to get round any FFP implications but as someone else said earlier they'd probably be better spending more on the best manager we can possibly get as opposed to forking out £20m p.a. to trail in lower mid table Championship under an unsatisfactory manager forever and a day

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Devon Rover said:

In related, but vitally important, news: I've spent my life thinking it was "tidbits". I prefer yours. Reminds me of Topman's avatars...

Back in the 70’s their used to be a magazine called titbits, i remember as a paperboy

• Like 1

Just now, pomster said:

Back in the 70’s their used to be a magazine called titbits, i remember as a paperboy

Did every one of those magazines reach their planned destinations, Pomster?! 😉

I may have strayed slightly from the topic, here. But the tenuous link is that I'm increasingly sure we will end up with some useless w*nker as our new manager!

When we've appointed a new manager then the guy who didn't get the job represents wasted time, energy and resources (and likely money). Five guys who don't get the job is an insane waste of effort. Eight guys! Give me a break!!

I've said from the beginning we should have had the new guy lined up already. This process is crazy, we could even lose the best candidate by him not feeling we want him enough.

In the meantime we have two out of contract players waiting to see who the next manager is. How long would you wait for with the season start getting closer and closer and you don't have a club.

This process, IMO, is utter madness.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

For those that think Dyche has been interviewed or is a possibility, do you think he'd be happy as a Head Coach with a Director of Football leading the way for his signings? Bit of a rhetorical question, really, as I don't think he'd accept that setup. I think he needs to be in full control of his own signings to be a success.

If anything, I'd say that would be more of a reason for him not being interested in the job than him wanting to be respectful to Burnley. There is little loyalty in football these days, only cleverly worded fluff and PR speak.

He had that at Burnley with Mike Rigg (ex Rovers under Hughes).

56 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It's not a particularly significant factor, the owners could if they so wished easily afford anyone we could realistically attract and plenty we couldn't.

Why do you think they’ve always taken the cheapest route possible, if this is remotely true? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

A little update on Lenihan, a mate of mine who works for Rovers was talking to Waggot last week trying to get any names re new manager but he wouldn’t give anything away, but he did say that Lenihan and his agent are happy with the contract/ money Rovers are offering but thinks he’s hanging on until the new manager is named. No mention of Nyambe..

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

There is not a lot to do other than the player actually signing the deal in front of them I thinks it’s pretty obvious they are waiting to see who the new manager is - as far as I can see everything else is pretty much agreed

• Like 1

Shearer hasn't gone and backed his mate, Big Dunc, has he @Mercer?

That would be a heavyweight backing, in my view. Those at Ewood and beyond aren't even featherweights, in reality.

I've read another informed poster elsewhere claim that Barry and his advisor are in the UK right now.

That would suggest that something is happening and that we could have some news soon. Personally, I would love to know who this advisor is and what their background looks like.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, unsall said:

A little update on Lenihan, a mate of mine who works for Rovers was talking to Waggot last week trying to get any names re new manager but he wouldn’t give anything away, but he did say that Lenihan and his agent are happy with the contract/ money Rovers are offering but thinks he’s hanging on until the new manager is named. No mention of Nyambe..

Don't know if it all ready been posted

But I was informed Lenihan was going to sign the day we played Bournemouth but it didn't happen for some reason

As for signing contracts - and to some degree deciding a new manager I would guess most people employed in football are with their families on "annual Leave"  

11 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I've read another informed poster elsewhere claim that the Barry and his advisor are in the UK right now.

The last time that happened Warnock was cancelled and we got Coyle.

I've seen a few saying we should relax, and that as long as the new guy is ready to see the players when they report back for pre-season (June 13th is my understanding) that until then we can take our time.

Whilst strictly true that works on the assumption that it wouldn't help for the new manager to have some time before then to prepare. assess and do groundwork. The job of a manager, especially when we need plenty of new players, does not begin when pre-season training starts.

• Like 1