BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It smacks of Ferguson’s agent and cheerleaders going direct to the organ grinders, or to Pasha, and passing on the Waggott sideshow.

Wait for the late plot twist of Darren Ferguson on Ewood holding up a Rovers scarf

• Like 4

Hopefully its just gossip, hes not the first manager to suddenly be assumed as our next manager this week, the words "Carlos Carvahal's blue and white army" were uttered the other day!

I would not be surprised but I would be annoyed and would rather even have Mowbray over him.

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

No - the journalist has a fantastic record of posting accurate information. 

"How can we all know it’s a terrible decision yet they don’t?"

The answer you're quoting has nothing to do with the credibility of the twitter account. It's responding to your question above. 

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"How can we all know it’s a terrible decision yet they don’t?"

The answer you're quoting has nothing to do with the credibility of the twitter account. It's responding to your question above. 

JH, who posted it, doesn’t seem to agree… not that it matters. 

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

If we do end up with Ferguson its because he's the cheapest option.

And he'll work with what's left of the staff here apart from maybe his own number 2.

Wouldn't be surprised if the potential of him setting up loans of some of Evertons kids as well might swing it. Cheap manager who can bring in several cheap squad fillers as well.

That'll appeal greatly to Waggot, Venkys and co.

• Like 4

Dunc would probably fit in well with the model chosen if we get an experienced DoF/manager who can help mentor him. He's done the dirty work at Everton, started at the bottom in the Academy (many don't get that chance handed to them though), working seven days a week 7-19. Nevertheless, it would be an underwhelming signing for me, but let's give whoever they put in charge the support they need.

The ferocity of the reaction against the prospect of Ferguson surprises me, he has the advantage of not being Mowbray and would I think be unlikely to put up with the sort of holiday camp mentality that has pervaded the Club over the last eleven or twelve years. I think we could do a lot worse.

That said, he wouldn't be my first choice, not by a long chalk and it wouldn't scream of the owners having any real ambitions for the Club despite protestations to the contrary.

• Like 5

Fuck that.

Nicko saying there's been no contact is telling IMO. He normally covers all bases and if he's saying there's been no contact that's massive for someone who never risks his credibility on things like this. IMO, agents pushing an agenda.

Now we wait for unleaded to rescue us.

1 minute ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fuck that.

Nicko saying there's been no contact is telling IMO. He normally covers all bases and if he's saying there's been no contact that's massive for someone who never risks his credibility on things like this. IMO, agents pushing an agenda.

Now we wait for unleaded to rescue us.

Ok now we panic

6 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

1 - He has done well when he has had to step in as Caretaker at Everton (yes I know only a handful of games)

He has been in charge for five games and won only one.

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

No one but Myers is pushing Ferguson

I knew it!

3 minutes ago, JPTSwindon said:

I’d be willing to give him a go.

1 - He has done well when he has had to step in as Caretaker at Everton (yes I know only a handful of games)

2 - As per the quoted post, he has worked his way up, and knows how to develop kids (vital for us)

3 - He gives a damn, no TM sitting on the side hands in his pockets.

4 - Time Everton repaid us for Howard Kendall.

5 - He hasn’t (repeatedly) failed like the majority on the list.

6 - So what if he is cheap? Good.

I think there's a few misconceptions or myths developing about him

1 - has he done well as caretaker? He's had 5 games in total across 2 spells and won 1 of them. He galvanised the club but that was more down to his status at Everton and maniacal behavior on the touchline, neither of which he would have elsewhere or be able to sustain as a full time manager

2 - has he worked his way up? Would he have had the job he has if he wasn't an Everton legend from his playing days? Does he know how to develop kids? How do we know this?

3 - see above - he has given a damn about Everton because that's his club and he's had to galvanise them in the short term with a vocal fanbase behind him in the PL. Completely different to a permanent role in the Championship.

5 - he hasn't failed (yet) because he hasn't done anything. Why at 50 has he never managed before?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The ferocity of the reaction against the prospect of Ferguson surprises me, he has the advantage of not being Mowbray and would I think be unlikely to put up with the sort of holiday camp mentality that has pervaded the Club over the last eleven or twelve years. I think we could do a lot worse.

That said, he wouldn't be my first choice, not by a long chalk and it wouldn't scream of the owners having any real ambitions for the Club despite protestations to the contrary.

Hmmm, perhaps because he’s 50 and never been a permanent manager at any level?

He wants to learn his trade? Good for him, but go and do it on some L1/L2 club’s dime and time. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Mowbray's time here was not the unprecedented, abject failure that your agenda leads you to make out. It is possible for us to get an inferior manager, and someone who has managed 5 games in his career could indeed prove that.

7 minutes ago, unleaded said:

……Everton will allow Ferguson to leave without compensation to make his exit smoother …….

That in itself would be a bit of a red flag for me. If they thought he was any good, you'd think they'd be fighting tooth and nail to keep him.

• Like 6

Just now, BRFC_Polky said:

Just out of interest, who chose Tony Mowbray as manager? Was it a venkys job or the puppets at Ewood?

I thought it was Senior