BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lets hope this is sort by this week with the appointment of the Head coach and some new staff members aswell

Looks like Farke won't be coming here. So I am expecting Jonathon Woodgate with Robbie Keane to be appoint head coach and assistant head coach here. 

But can we expect a surprise appointment by Waggott and Rovers. 

Random guess. But out of interest, how would feel if thay happened? Pissed off/angry?

And one word answer, Woodgate or Mowbray?

4 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Steve Walsh, sounds familiar in such a role but I don't remember which club(s) he worked at.

He brought Vardy, Mahrez and Kante to Leicester, but also spunked £150m at Everton on crap players…

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Steve Walsh is a name mentioned for Sporting Director.

That would join a lot of dots.

He runs an academy it looks like on LinkedIn.

Be a huge step up for him if that's the case.

Bit of a blehh Sporting Director if he's the man who's been recruited via a top head hunting firm

Didn't @Mercer say a former Rover though?

Edited by RoversClitheroe

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We were out on our feet from 70 minutes onwards. 

First half of the season we played some serious high intensity stuff and left it all on the park.  Yes it caught up as the season went on but the subs at times didn't help neither did the mentality.

You need a bigger squad with the right kind of players to keep that up over a full season. Plus people in the dugout with the desire to do so, we had neither.

For a period last season they looked the liveliest squad we've had since Hughes was here so clearly they weren't on a diet of doughnuts and days off.

6 minutes ago, BRFC_Polky said:

He brought Vardy, Mahrez and Kante to Leicester, but also spunked £150m at Everton on crap players…

That's the man, thanks. Well at least we won't be wasting £150m if it is him. And maybe he's better finding the lower league stars than big name players in the £20m or so bracket.

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Bit of a blehh Sporting Director if he's the man who's been recruited via a top head hunting firm

He was a Sporting Director at Everton till 2018 and comes from Preston

Now with the Dunc and David talk the dots join.

• Like 1

What uninspiring names...

Ainsworth would be the best "cheap" signing.

Ferguson, Walsh, Woodgate? Do we want to go back to League 1?

There's managers like Carvalhal, Farke, Bilic and Dyche out of work and we're going to end up with another total novice.

I'd take the likes of Warburton and Holloway over some of these managers with next to no experience.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Such a weird thing to impose. If Lowe and Benson were highly rated I'd get it but neither seem to be?

Probably cost us a potentially good manager and left us with another dolloper. 

Not sure that's necessarily the case (them not being highly rated). Can't speak for Lowe, but from the conversation I had apparently Benson is highly rated behind the scenes and by other clubs/players. 

I was surprised but only really in comparison to some of the stick he gets on here.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I can see this 'top head hunting firm' thing running away with itself so I feel the need to remind people - that claim came from Nixon, which automatically files it under 'dubious'.

For one thing, it would be odd to use a top head hunting firm to find the DoF, whilst simultaneously using a totally different process of inviting everyone to apply and running two rounds of interviews, for the manager role. Which appears to be the process we are following for that.

I'm not saying it isn't happening, after all things seldom make sense at this club these days, but we should remember Nixon frequently talks guff and isn't always right by any stretch.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

I saw one of the papers is saying Duncan Ferguson and David Unsworth could be appointed. That would be stupid, utterly stupid. The risk is too high and says Venkys are going for the cheap, untested option yet again. 

managers have to start somewhere,no one knows how he`ll pan out,if big duncan does get the job,just get behind him please,time to get on his back if we are in the bottom three by november

10 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He was a Sporting Director at Everton till 2018 and comes from Preston

Now with the Dunc and David talk the dots join.

Wasn’t he captain of Leicester when we beat them in the play off final? 

7 minutes ago, booth said:

What uninspiring names...

Ainsworth would be the best "cheap" signing.

Ferguson, Walsh, Woodgate? Do we want to go back to League 1?

There's managers like Carvalhal, Farke, Bilic and Dyche out of work and we're going to end up with another total novice.

I'd take the likes of Warburton and Holloway over some of these managers with next to no experience.

Wouldn't touch Holloway with a bargepole he's just another Coyle.

Warburton would actually be a decent fit compared to a lot linked with it.

• Like 2

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

2 minutes ago, Ianrally said:

1 minute ago, Ianrally said:

For the last time, I don't know!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can see this 'top head hunting firm' thing running away with itself so I feel the need to remind people - that claim came from Nixon, which automatically files it under 'dubious'.

For one thing, it would be odd to use a top head hunting firm to find the DoF, whilst simultaneously using a totally different process of inviting everyone to apply and running two rounds of interviews, for the manager role. Which appears to be the process we are following for that.

I'm not saying it isn't happening, after all things seldom make sense at this club these days, but we should remember Nixon frequently talks guff and isn't always right by any stretch.

Very very valid point.

Surely theyd use the headhunters to appoint a good manager too

• Like 2