BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Fitness looked better last season than it had in a while but that could easily be attributed to a younger squad i suppose.

We managed half a season looking reasonable fit. That is not good enough.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Not having a dig at you but i don't see why people get so precious about stuff like this.

It was a long time ago he's no record i know of now for smacking people and he wouldn't have lasted so long in the position he has if he was a thug.  He's not in the cold calculated league of Roy Keane who should have been banned from football for life after his premeditated assault on Haaland.

Nor is he serial scumbag Joey Barton hell the guy has leathered 2 burglars in his home on seperate occasions. He should get a bloody knighthood.

The snowflakery goes too far on here at times.

Having said that purely on a football level he wouldn't be my choice given the nature of what we've seen here before. However if he comes in i'd be 100% behind him.

We play the odd thug now and again. Rumour has it Rovers are interested in signing Unsworth.Ferguson will do me a thug against some of the oppositions thugs.

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Facebook brigade all over ferguson coming in, I think he’d be the final straw for me. He’s a thug I can’t get behind that in anyway shape or form 

The same could have been said of both Hughes and Souness. It is just as players, they were more subtle at it than Ferguson. !

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, rigger said:

The same could have been said of both Hughes and Souness. It is just as players they were more subtle at it than Ferguson. !

Hughes and Souness are intelligent, thoughtful people which was one reason why they became successful managers

Ferguson on the other hand......

• Like 3

Steve Walsh would actually be a lot better than the complete dud that I would expect this lot to find for the role. I would be pleased with him coming in, if true.

He has an eye for a player and played a key role in recruitment at Leicester. It didn't go well for him at Everton, however he's on record as saying his suggestions to sign Andy Robertson, Maguire and Erling Haaland were turned down by the Everton board.

I'd have more faith in him being able to spot a player than the brfcs admirer who has just left.

It does, however, point towards the Everton boys possibly coming in and I'm not too pleased about that prospect.

1 hour ago, PeteJD13 said:

Facebook brigade all over ferguson coming in, I think he’d be the final straw for me. He’s a thug I can’t get behind that in anyway shape or form 

Rooney used to write to Ferguson when he was in prison, still matey by all accounts.

Rooney as the manager and Ferguson as his assistant could be doable i suupose

7 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Hughes and Souness are intelligent, thoughtful people which was one reason why they became successful managers

Ferguson on the other hand......

They were also a couple of clever thugs. They never gave in, and always seamed to gain control of where-ever they played . A prime example is Hughes, out of position in the Carling cup final against Spurs. None of the Spurs players wanted to be anywhere near him.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pomster said:

Rooney used to write to Ferguson when he was in prison, still matey by all accounts.

Rooney as the manager and Ferguson as his assistant could be doable i suupose

I'd probably have Rooney here as manager tbf. His current assistant is Liam Rosenoir I think, no reason to change that for someone else.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sucks about Farke, but as long as thats the standard of manger that they hold out for then there's still a little hope, but if after all this time they just roll out some desperate dross like Duncan Ferguson, woodgate etc... Then I won't be buying that season tkt that I was planning on getting this coming season

Thing is, there isn't much left to hold out for anymore.

Probably about the best remaining candidates on the market for a club our size would be Dyche (not really realistic), Ainsworth and Manning. The latter two could be good appointments potentially (I don't know much about Manning, mind, just some on here seem to rate him), but they hardly set the pulses racing and are both under contract. We know how Venkys feel about paying compo. I think either they get over that, or we end up with a very disappointing appointment. Which do sometimes turn out surprisingly well but is far, far from ideal. Especially with the state of our squad and budget after the departures.

Edit - there's Rooney too I guess, I forgot about him, did a decent job with Derby in the circumstances and has the profile to attract players. It wouldn't be as devastating as if we appointed a no-mark like Ferguson, wouldn't be my ideal pick either though.

Edited by bluebruce

• Backroom

I'm still deluding myself (for the sake of staying away from misery). It'll be one of:

Favre, Villas-Boas, Dyche, Santo, Setien, Martinez, Fonseca, Valverde, Zidane.

*Puff of smoke*

• Like 3

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The only Steve Walsh I know sings Carry on Wayward Son.  

Ooooft would love that to be what we walk out to at Ewood!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

We play the odd thug now and again. Rumour has it Rovers are interested in signing Unsworth.Ferguson will do me a thug against some of the oppositions thugs.

He won't be on the pitch you know.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Mike E said:

I'm still deluding myself (for the sake of staying away from misery). It'll be one of:

Favre, Villas-Boas, Dyche, Santo, Setien, Martinez, Fonseca, Valverde, Zidane.

*Puff of smoke*

"Puff the magic dragon" more like.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, rigger said:

We managed half a season looking reasonable fit. That is not good enough.

But it was the best half season in over a decade and the fall away wasn't attributed to that.

20 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How smart would you have to be to spot that Mahrez and Kante could play a bit ? It took me ten minutes of watching Mahrez.

Yes fair point, maybe right place right time. He plucked them from the french 2nd division and Leicester sold them for a combined 63 million, which isn't too shabby. It's a good appointment IMO, which is rare where venky's are concerned. He's a good bloke too, knows his football. Hopefully he'll pull a few more rabbits out the hat for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Or Bilic or Jokanovic

Surely those two have to have come under some consideration… We can’t have jumped straight from Farke and Carvahal to the booze brothers Ferguson and Unsworth, surely 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

How smart would you have to be to spot that Mahrez and Kante could play a bit ? It took me ten minutes of watching Mahrez.

Was he playing in the French second tier when you watched him?

• Like 4