BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

Frankly, after such a long, drawn out process, it would be ridiculous. If we were going to appoint Johnson, surely, (even our muppets), would've done it as soon as Mowbray left. 

I'd be happy with either of the rumoured Scandinavian managers, because the appointment would show some imagination, and both have reasonable career stats. 

i agree,it would be completely mad,but then again,nobody at ewood or brockhall appear to live in the real world and they certainly don`t know much about football

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

... clear out benson and lowe ...

My second genuine question of the week but what on earth has benson done to warrant such consistent animosity on here?  Clearly Kaminski rates him. I know little about him personally, what's happened that someone coaching behind the scenes is such a focus of derision?

• Like 1

Just now, rigger said:

Probably because he never played as a keeper at any decent level. I am not saying that is a reason to label him as a bad keeper coach, but it could be a reason that a lot of people have a go at him. 

It's more to do with the blatant regression of players under his tutelage.

Kaminski couldn't find a player in blue and white after January. When he arrived he was tidy with the ball.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Kaminski couldn't find a player in blue and white after January. When he arrived he was tidy with the ball.

as last season wore on,benson used to parade along the touchline behind mowbray(when tony was`nt asleep that is)trying to look important and as rightly pointed out,kaminski could`nt find a team mate at any range,definately a case of a coach who`s not fit for purpose

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i agree,it would be completely mad,but then again,nobody at ewood or brockhall appear to live in the real world and they certainly don`t know much about football

I’m hoping they have used the same headhunting agency reportedly used for the DOF hunt.

More chance of a decent appointment if so, IMO.

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I agree with you. I was answering a question. I was giving, a reason, there could be many more.

... ah OK, legitimate reflections on his goalkeepers performance in 2022. Does seem harsh though. Still opinions is opinions.

Watching the Wales match, tell you what I know he's an old man now but I wouldn't mind Oleksandr Petrako applying for the managers job here. Loving his teams performances last two matches.

Does hurt to have a few of those players I suppose. Bit out of our league.

From an Everton fan - He beat Chelsea 3-1 and drew with Arsenal and Leicester in an unbeaten spell as interim Everton Manager after Marco Silva left. Lost 1-0 to Villa in his sole game in charge this season. Most Everton fans want him as our permanent boss further down the line but want to see him "earn his spurs" for a few years somewhere else. Many wanted him this time instead of Frank. Really good option for you I'd say. One thing he is, is very loyal and if things were going well, you'd get him for years I reckon.

• Like 6

Ronny Deila is an interesting name. Thought he was supposed to go to Standard Liege, but haven't seen that confirmed. Did wonders with Strømsgodset here in Norway before 2 years at Celtic, where he won the league in both his two season, although without Rangers. More experienced now and doing well in the US. 

Incidently worked with John Park at Celtic as well. Don't think New York will let him go easily though 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TimmyJimmy said:

Watching the Wales match, tell you what I know he's an old man now but I wouldn't mind Oleksandr Petrako applying for the managers job here. Loving his teams performances last two matches. 

More chance we'd end up with their Eurovision winners behind the dugout. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

as last season wore on,benson used to parade along the touchline behind mowbray(when tony was`nt asleep that is)trying to look important and as rightly pointed out,kaminski could`nt find a team mate at any range,definately a case of a coach who`s not fit for purpose

It looks like that was a deliberate plan to put Benson in fans focus, as was letting him give onfield players and subs positional/ tactical advice during a game. Whoever rubber stamped that needs let go .... Oh,he was.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DanielMB said:

Where does the Tomasson rumours come from? As a dane Im quite intrigued by this.

Someone on twitter said they'd seen him in a supermarket round here. I'm not even joking.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Interesting to learn that only being a manager for five games guarantees failure, which was five more than Paisley and Dalglish had before being handed the biggest job in the country, and that no manager with a spine would inherit incumbent coaches, which Dalglish, Souness and Hughes all did.

They weren't inheriting Lowe and Benson.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Interesting to learn that only being a manager for five games guarantees failure, which was five more than Paisley and Dalglish had before being handed the biggest job in the country, and that no manager with a spine would inherit incumbent coaches, which Dalglish, Souness and Hughes all did.

Paisley & Dalglish inherited well-oiled trophy-winning machines fuelled by stable boards & a CEO who had his finger on the pulse.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

Paisley & Dalglish inherited well-oiled trophy-winning machines fuelled by stable boards & a CEO who had his finger on the pulse.

and the legendary Anfield Bootroom with experienced coaches to advise. If the rumours of Walsh as DOF are true, that isn’t quite the same in terms of support for a fledgling manager.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

I don't think the manager had been born who would have turned down the chance to work with those established Liverpool Boot Rooms. Legendary.

Hells bells I don't like coming across here and on other threads like a Scouse plastic, I'm not, but truth is truth.

1 minute ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What's amazed me is how under-wraps the club have kept this.

We're all literally fumbling in the dark for any names. 

Yeah, it's quite astonishing tbh. So many names been flying around, so many different stories about how the process is going. 

The worrying part for me, are there so many different stories because people don't have a clue, or because people at Rovers are pushing their own agenda's/working independently. 

For my own sanity, I hope they announce the manager in the next couple of days.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

What's amazed me is how under-wraps the club have kept this.

We're all literally fumbling in the dark for any names. 

Do you think it's because of the fact the clowns in charge haven't a fuck what's going on so there's nothing to keep under wraps? 

Edited by CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber
  • Like 5