BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I don’t go by cvs as they don’t tell u the full story. And what exactly off is cv is jumping out at you? 
the football he plays is branded ugly

his tactics are laughable as showed whenever he had a big game. He thought he could just sign the best players and that’s all that would be needed. He won’t even have that luxury at blackburn, to get out this league we need a manager that’s tactically astute that gives us an extra edge, we will never have the best squad these days. He isn’t the man to get us over the line imo 

Fair enough, maybe we will see (although I know you don’t want to🙂)

I do look at CVS and still think he’s a reasonable choice.

Certainly not in the dud category.

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I used to do ratting there 👍

Were you using warfarin, sodium fluoracetate or zinc phosphide?

Oh, sorry, warfarin was replaced by brodifacoum, or as my pest control manager used to call it, "bloodyfuck'em"

2 hours ago, ossyian said:

I was only 7 and it filled a Weekend with an ice cream paid for by half a bob and it kept my mum happy!

Half a bob was only sixpence.

38 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Nothing wrong in saying:

'Our main aim has to be to secure a return to the PL as soon as we can - it's where the club needs to be.  At the same time we need to put plans into place which will give the club a sustainable growth'. 

Correct. That would have been a great introduction to the fans tbh, and a sentiment we could all get behind. Your original post came across in a more negative, demanding light IMO. I didn’t see anything wrong with Broughton’s presser, but I don’t attach much importance to these things and am glad to see a sensible and measured approach to his career here 🤞

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ll tell you what I’m excited about…the transfer windows….after 5yrs of pretty much the same types of signings we must be fishing in VERY different ponds now with Broughton? 

Think you are jumping the gun there i'm not sure there'll be a massive change with a 1 million annual spend and loans.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if venkys back the new manager as much as they did  with moggadon  i`ll be very happy

For the fist few years he was here with transfer funds then yeah definitely or even the allowing of wage bill expansion (again) after the spending money stopped.

I fear though it' going to be more like recent times with a few signings of 500k now and again and the continuing flow of loans.

The real key is reinvesting a decent portion of the BBD money, expect the drive to sell him to hit full swing now.

5 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if venkys back the new manager as much as they did  with moggadon  i`ll be very happy

The fundamental flaw is the inconsistency. The only summer of backing really was upon promotion on 2 players that have already paid for themselves and will generate a huge profit once Brereton goes. The other summers (in the context of a Championship, the League 1 budget was big for that level but not really for Championship) have seen 3 of minor trading and loans and one of total cutbacks.

I would like to think on the back of last summers cutbacks that we could really spend at least the full Brereton proceeds and show some ambition, not even expecting a budget on top lf that. Even a decent chunk of it would be a start but I can see a repeat of last summers frugality.

7 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Everyone is waiting to be offended these days. 
I have absolutely not a care in the world of ur Norwegian, Portuguese, Chinese, Indian, Australian whatever if your good enough. 
Take everyone on merit.

for the record I’d be happy with Knudsen, I wouldn’t be with deila, that doesn’t mean I don’t respect Norwegian managers. 
fact that berg and ogs are the only other two I know and think they are shit isn’t because they are Norwegian it’s because they are shit 

Who's offended? 

I'd take Knutsen over Deila as well. Deila is a good man manager, but tactically not the best so would have need some good coaches around him in order to be an improvement on Mowbray.

6 hours ago, The Hypnotic said:

From my reading of the article he was moderately successful, poor in cup competitions and unpopular with the fans. The Norwegian Mowbray? Probably suffers in comparison to the stellar job Brendan Rogers did there after him. 

He's a lot more charismatic than Mowbray. 

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

no that was christian gross,completely lost the plot going on about tube tickets and it being his dream to be in london,lost the dressing room and the boardroom in 5 minutes!!!!!!!!!!!

egil olson was the mad bloke who after managing norway ended up at wimbledon,he was a mega long ball enthusiast who wrote a book about the virtues of direct football,he used to fine players who passed it on the ground,he was like john beck(ex cambridge manager who used to flood the corners of the ground to stop the ball when it was hoofed there)

Egil 'Drillo' Olsen was actually a technical little midfielder himself, drillo can loosely translated into 'Dribbler'. Quite the opposite as manager and his philosophy was simple, yes, but very effective and brought Norway to second on the FIFA rankings at one point, beating Brazil in the WC. His teams always played direct and long ball against established teams to avoid being countered, won the ball high and hit teams on the break. Had didn't gain the respect of the Dons players unfortunately and the rest is history. Great manager. 

1 minute ago, EgyptianPete said:

You have NO IDEA of the spend

Untwist your knickers neither have you.

However the THEORY of probability BASED on recent seasons is what i'm going off, pardon me if iv'e missed a pending FFP exemption or recent ten million pound sale.

29 minutes ago, tomphil said:

For the fist few years he was here with transfer funds then yeah definitely or even the allowing of wage bill expansion (again) after the spending money stopped.

I fear though it' going to be more like recent times with a few signings of 500k now and again and the continuing flow of loans.

The real key is reinvesting a decent portion of the BBD money, expect the drive to sell him to hit full swing now.

i agree about bbd,this is definately the right time to sell,mainly due to the fact that it took 3 years for diaz to appear and you never know when brereton will take over