BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

51 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet again the situation apparently hinging on any new man's willingness to take on Lowe, Johnson and Benson.

Utterly bizarre.

If they are so important and so highly regarded then why not just bite the bullet and put Johnson in charge ?

Or at least get in a short term mentor to help them slide into their new roles.  Not that for one min that would be my choice but what's the point in faffing around trying to protect backroom staff and costing ourselves a decent manager.

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If they are so important and so highly regarded then why not just bite the bullet and put Johnson in charge ?

Or at least get in a short term mentor to help them slide into their new roles.  Not that for one min that would be my choice but what's the point in faffing around trying to protect backroom staff and costing ourselves a decent manager.

The time for Johnson imo would have been 2-3 seasons ago in any of the various campaigns when Mowbray was failing.

Johnson could have had a good 10-12 games towards the end of the season and we could have seen if he was up to the task or not.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

I think the Knutsen link is just lazily based on yesterday's appointment.

Pardew's the one that has me worried right now. Has applied for the job, apparently, and there are a few whispers the job is his.

How desperate is he to get back into English football, is the question. He, or whoever else, is going to be walking into a mess here with so much work to do in the window.

Genuine question, if Pardew is appointed, how would you feel?

Appalled.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, unleaded said:

The search is a Farce ! Why would you go for a manager who you like then anchor them with the likes of Lowe & Benson …. Lowe has been here 11 years & nothing to show for it …. It stinks ….

The thing is some managers would consider taking a financial hit but not many would take on staff that are not loyal to them ….. it’s a mixture for dissent & disaster……and it’s wrong to put that on them ……

Lowe is a 3rd rate coach who’s languishing in the lower leagues ….

Benson just looks like a YTS school kid ….

Lining up all the ducks is never easy ….

Couldn't agree more.

Subsequent to Venus's departure I was told not even he could stand Lowe. What sort of recipe is that for a harmonious camp and dressing room?

Surely you need everyone pulling in the same direction if you're to stand a chance and I think we saw that in the second half of the season albeit the main culprit was Mowbray and his preference for playing Bradley Johnson as a false 9 rather than sign a back up striker.

kjetil knutsen now in talks apparently,makes sense,he`s worked with gregg broughton before,enough of the ******* talking fss,it should have been done a fortnight ago,quite happy if it`s true,though i would have preferred big duncan,hopefully broughton will see the mess behind the scenes get swag f*****d off and him and kjetil will actually make it a club again

27 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The time for Johnson imo would have been 2-3 seasons ago in any of the various campaigns when Mowbray was failing.

Johnson could have had a good 10-12 games towards the end of the season and we could have seen if he was up to the task or not.

I'm sure his time will come during the World Cup break once ____________ is sacked 

Pardew has more about him than Mowbray but like him he'll not do much different with no good budget.

They won't appointment someone like that though just to sit in the middle of the division and produce players.  They are looking for someone to do that first and foremost that is obvious.  They'll want to pay the going rate for that and no more i think that's why they let Mowbray go. 

Somebody to do the same as him but cheaper is what they are after.

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I swear the Venky's are Burnley fans. 

Can we not persuade them that it was a Burnley fan who threw the snowball?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

kjetil knutsen now in talks apparently,makes sense,he`s worked with gregg broughton before,enough of the ******* talking fss,it should have been done a fortnight ago,quite happy if it`s true,though i would have preferred big duncan,hopefully broughton will see the mess behind the scenes get swag f*****d off and him and kjetil will actually make it a club again

Apart from the nonsense team talk link where else has this been reported?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How are we possibly starting pre-season without a manager when the powers that be knew Mowbray was leaving in January?!

It's been a month with no-one at the helm. I swear the Venky's are Burnley fans. 

I wish Mowbray had left in January.

• Like 4

Keeping on the existing coaching setup smells of panic, with the players due back in next week and no manager in sight.

Their options were to let them leave at the end of their contracts and hope a new manager is in place before pre-season starts, or keep these lot on and have the safety of some coaches being present when the players turn up.

I doubt there's some weird conspiracy to keep the likes of a young goalkeeping coach on the payroll.

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i would`nt go that far😄,not a manager for me but still better than mowbray

Not a chance Pardew could have turned the club around from where we were, when TM took over.

Not just on the pitch, but the whole club.

We didn't even have scouts and the whole place was in turmoil - we were heading for MUCH worse than League 1.

• Like 1

Hopefully the new dof fills a gap in the club structure and I personally feel its a step forward. 

Managers can come and go quickly,  so hopefully this gives us more long-term continuity , despite future manger changes. 

No idea or preference on the new coach, other than some passion & positively.

Reading this thread is like a self harm clinic at the moment.  So many people just expecting the worst and anyone positive shot down . I know it's been shit but without hope there is nothing.   🤞 these changes work out , can't be any worse ...

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

I've no earthly idea why anybody would want Ferguson over Knutsen. The latter has won two consecutive top flight titles at a yo-yo club with poor resources who had never won one, and has worked with our new DOF. The former has 5 management games to his name with a very average record in them. Ooh but he's hard, great.

Knutsen seems unlikely though, as we've been told a couple of times that he didn't actually get on with Broughton. If that's true I think we can rule it out. Deila seems to be the front runner based on what little we hear.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not a chance Pardew could have turned the club around from where we were, when TM took over.

Not just on the pitch, but the whole club.

We didn't even have scouts and the whole place was in turmoil - we were heading for MUCH worse than League 1.

So why has Pardew spent the majority of his managerial career in the Premier league whilst Mowbray has spent one season there?

I don't want Pardew but he has been more successful than Mowbray as a manager

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, slowmo said:

Reading this thread is like a self harm clinic at the moment.  So many people just expecting the worst and anyone positive shot down . I know it's been shit but without hope there is nothing.   🤞 these changes work out , can't be any worse ...

I may be proving your point here I admit, but it certainly can be worse than our 8th place finish. In fact the majority of seasons since Venkys have taken over have been worse. I didn't rate Mowbray but we have had worse managerial outcomes in that time too. Like you say though, fingers crossed we get it right this time.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I've no earthly idea why anybody would want Ferguson over Knutsen. The latter has won two consecutive top flight titles at a yo-yo club with poor resources who had never won one, and has worked with our new DOF. The former has 5 management games to his name with a very average record in them. Ooh but he's hard, great.

Knutsen seems unlikely though, as we've been told a couple of times that he didn't actually get on with Broughton. If that's true I think we can rule it out.

big duncan has passion,he might need some tactical help but motivation,fire and man management are 90% of the job,everton fans love him,i might be getting carried away but after seeing mowbray basically sleepwalk through matches im`e in dire need of a manager who prowls the touchline encouraging the players and giving them instructions

17 minutes ago, Andy said:

Keeping on the existing coaching setup smells of panic, with the players due back in next week and no manager in sight.

Their options were to let them leave at the end of their contracts and hope a new manager is in place before pre-season starts, or keep these lot on and have the safety of some coaches being present when the players turn up.

I doubt there's some weird conspiracy to keep the likes of a young goalkeeping coach on the payroll.

As far as I'm aware, none of the coaching staff who are still here had contracts expiring this summer. So letting them leave at the end of their contracts would be next year at the earliest.

I also don't see any harm in keeping the coaches around until a new man is appointed, like you say. That new man should have the power to replace that staff if they don't rate them though. The suggestions that they don't are concerning.

• Like 1