BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What is there to be positive about about the appointment of a former Academy Director no-one had ever previously heard of?

He might turn out to be a success, might not, but has no previous experience as a DOF and I really don't understand this assumption he's going to transform our fortunes.

Ok let's not appoint a dof and just carry on moaning about a lack of club structure . It may / may not work,  but at least a void filled ( hopefully)

• Like 1

Why would any self respecting manager take this job when you have Pongo Lowe ratting you out to Suhail every chance he gets.

Gonna go out on a limb here, whoever we do get is going to be shite and I doubt the new DoF lasts a year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What is there to be positive about about the appointment of a former Academy Director no-one had ever previously heard of?

He might turn out to be a success, might not, but has no previous experience as a DOF and I really don't understand this assumption he's going to transform our fortunes.

I hope he brings with him a data-oriented recruitment policy similar to what Brentford have been doing. Target specific parameters to suit our style of play, and flexible players willing/able to improve. They're big advocates of that at Bodø/Glimt, and I believe that's what he's referring to in his interview on RoversTV. I do agree that his CV doesn't exactly stand out for a DoF role here, and if the rumours are true that he was forced out at Glimt by DoF Bjørkan and Head Coach Knutsen, then I just hope we haven't bought a pig in the poke.

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Gonna go out on a limb here, whoever we do get is going to be shite and I doubt the new DoF lasts a year.

The first bit is looking increasingly likely.

The second...... not so sure, he may be here for the long haul and not in a good way......he's  seemingly already cottoned on to the Mowbray mantra of jam tomorrow and long term "journeys' which of course never come to fruition but you get a bloody good screw out of it in the meantime.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Torgeir said:

I hope he brings with him a data-oriented recruitment policy similar to what Brentford have been doing. Target specific parameters to suit our style of play, and flexible players willing/able to improve. They're big advocates of that at Bodø/Glimt, and I believe that's what he's referring to in his interview on RoversTV. I do agree that his CV doesn't exactly stand out for a DoF role here, and if the rumours are true that he was forced out at Glimt by DoF Bjørkan and Head Coach Knutsen, then I just hope we haven't bought a pig in the poke.

Fair enough, good post.

17 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It’s hard not to be cynical after everything we’ve witnessed over the last twelve years.

It reminds me a little of ‘The Life of Brian’ when someone new arrives at Rovers , and whatever he says he is greeted as the Lord and saviour.

The new guy at Lancs Live is also in a lather about him, showing he doesn’t have the context of previous false dawns.

I really do hope Broughton is successful, but it only has a chance of working if he’s given enough authority to make and implement decisions.

On the subject of Deila, why pay compensation to get him out of his contract because he is willing to work with Lowe, Johnson and Benson?

Would it not be easier to get a better guy who is temporarily out of work, and use some of the money saved by not paying compensation towards paying off whoever he didn't want, then starting afresh?

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, martonrover said:

It’s hard not to be cynical after everything we’ve witnessed over the last twelve years.

It reminds me a little of ‘The Life of Brian’ when someone new arrives at Rovers , and whatever he says he is greeted as the Lord and saviour.

The new guy at Lancs Live is also in a lather about him, showing he doesn’t have the context of previous false dawns.

I really do hope Broughton is successful, but it only has a chance of working if he’s given enough authority to make and implement decisions.

Broughton MIGHT be very successful. However imo the reason we haven't been very successful over the last 4 years isn't because we haven't had a DOF -  it's because we've had a shite manager and even worse CEO.

If we had an absolutely superb manager and Waggott I think we could still just about be successful.

If we land another shite head coach or manager then I doubt very much the outcome will be any different to the last 4 years, regardless of Broughton's abilities.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On the subject of Deila, why pay compensation to get him out of his contract because he is willing to work with Lowe, Johnson and Benson?

Would it not be easier to get a better guy who is temporarily out of work, and use some of the money saved by not paying compensation towards paying off whoever he didn't want, then starting afresh?

Unfortunately it seems as though the club are adamant on Lowe and Benson staying regardless. Fucking joke man.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Butty said:

Unfortunately it seems as though the club are adamant on Lowe and Benson staying regardless. Fucking joke man.

I imagine they are bog standard full time  employees so will stay until they either leave or the club offers them a severance package (which they won't).

5 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

I imagine they are bog standard full time  employees so will stay until they either leave or the club offers them a severance package (which they won't).

Think of all those they’ve paid off in the past though (players and managers). This would be a drop in the ocean in comparison. I just don’t get it.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Like who? 

19 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Broughton MIGHT be very successful. However imo the reason we haven't been very successful over the last 4 years isn't because we haven't had a DOF -  it's because we've had a shite manager and even worse CEO.

If we had an absolutely superb manager and Waggott I think we could still just about be successful.

If we land another shite head coach or manager then I doubt very much the outcome will be any different to the last 4 years, regardless of Broughton's abilities.

The outcome might be different in a bad way.

1 hour ago, Ossydave said:

Just catching up on the days news, or lack of it. Whys Pardew being mentioned? Are people just being dicks or is there more to it?

I have a feeling its going to be Deila, which isn't ideal but I'd give him a go.

I'm surprised he's only 46, he must therefore have been managing in his early 30's I guess in Norway. 38 when he took over at Celtic? He's gained a fair bit of experience since then, debatable whether it's the right experience mind 🙁

I see what you did there. Whereas the idea of appointing Pardew IS warped.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sod all of that. Just get the best man for the job. Compensation (within reason) or no compensation. Keeping the staff or shunting the staff, whatever they want to do with the budget.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Totally agree. The head coach appointment is the important one and the one that will define where we are going into the new season, (and they need to hurry up!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slowmo said:

Sure it's a mess as usual and we should have the manager situation sorted  knowing TM was going months ago. Though shit happens,  like when Sven G E was lined up . Last year at this point I struck money on relegation, then pre 🎄 promotion 🤣. I'm just generally saying ( not to you personally) not to be too depressive and hopefully something positive will transpire. Else what's the point in it all.

Maybe there isn't a point anymore, there hasn't been for most of the last 12 years after all!

Seriously though, whilst some seem to have formed some kind of Wrist Slit Club, most are just being realistic rather than depressive. If good things begin to happen on and off the pitch, we will then become more positive. Hoping that something positive will transpire (which we all do of course) won't make it happen. Hoping it really hard (as in kinda expecting it, as many seem to be doing especially outside this board) is, on the balance of probability at present, going to lead to disappointment.

If I keep wearing a t-shirt every day in March because I'm hoping for sunshine, it's going to be a lot worse when I get pissed on! If I wear a light jacket, at least I can take it off if it does get sunny. The true doom-and-gloomers are coming out bedecked in ski jackets, three layers, and hats and gloves. They won't know quite what to do with themselves if the weather is nice. Same can be said for the practically naked true happy clappers. The realists are just aware the forecast is bad, but ready and hoping to adapt if that's wrong.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sod all of that. Just get the best man for the job. Compensation (within reason) or no compensation. Keeping the staff or shunting the staff, whatever they want to do with the budget.

I don't get how Venkys haven't figured this out, after 12 years and a long line of managerial failures?

• Like 4