BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

I dont think we will get a foreign manager. Too expensive. Too complex. Probably too ambitious.

There's a reason we've only ever got one foreign manager in Berg and that was because of his playing days with us.

This is a small time jobs for the boys corner cutting pound shop operation. With that in mind it will be someone local, cheap, desperate and happy to work alongside the other pound shop people already in place.

So right now, Tony Mowbray is still being paid to be the manager of our football club....

Meanwhile the tumbleweeds blow across the fields of Brockhall.... a lonely surveyor with his tripod thingy quietly re-valuing the land...

Nyambe wakes up Monday morning and isn't sure what to do....

Ben Benson arrives early and finds the gate is still locked, waits in the carpark nervously checking his watch....

It starts to rain....

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, SuperBrfc said:

It's only my take on the situation and I could be wrong, but my gut feeling is that we are going to get done in with Deila in the same way that has happened with Farke and Carvalhal. There are already red flags which point towards it not happening for me.

Unleaded's info, also covered by the LT in part, tells us that it's not a straightforward deal. They don't want to let him go and if they do, they'd be due compensation. There's also a matter of a work permit being needed. This deal is likely to take some time to complete overall and I don't see this lot getting it over the line.

There's the issue of Deila having to work with the existing coaching team at Rovers. Would he be happy with that? It's hard to say.

However, the main problem, imo, is the fact that Standard Liege are also vying for his services. I've been reading how Liege have serious backers in American owners who are planning on throwing money at it next season. They are offering Deila the chance to completely overhaul their squad in order to compete for the title next season.

Liege have also appointed Fergal Harkin as Sporting Director. The same Harkin that helped Deila to get the Celtic job. They've got an ambitious project going on there with money to spend.

Compare that to the buttons, in comparison, that he will get here, the restrictions he will have and Venky's all round pace when it comes to signings etc. If it comes down to a shootout between Rovers and Liege,  I don't fancy us to win it, as much as that hurts to type.

Out of the four names the press has linked us with recently, that is: Ferguson, Warne, Deila, and Knutsen, only the Deila link seems to have any substance behind it. Ferguson and Warne have both denied there being any contact from Rovers. Knutsen appears to be lazy journalism based on Broughton's appointment.

My point is, if Deila is the main target and he says no, who the heck is in reserve in this lot's thinking?

I fancy this to drag on until July 1st.

It has all the hallmarks of a panic appointment. No doubt agents will be in Blingy’s ear as I type this. 

8 hours ago, Silas said:

All that's standing out to me from that tweet is a football club getting rid of a manager and appointing a new one within days.

What sort of South American witchcraft is this?!

Such things are beyond the realm of mortal man surely. 

It's all the coca leaves they chew down there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

@1864roveriteplease give a positive spin on the Rovers manager hunt and Waggot?

I am positive that I am in the same frame of mind as you and many others about the lack of appointing a manager with 1 week to go before the players return.

I am positive that progress is being made.

I am positive that I remain sated by the complete football knowledge that we read daily on here.

I am positive that despite members having an opinion of Waggot, his failures, his duties, his lack of vision and ability as a CEO and that he has the power to over rule the owners that scenario is complete and utter shite!

I am positive Gregg Broughton will be a different dynamic to Ewood on the football side.

Does that help?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

I am positive that I am in the same frame of mind as you and many others about the lack of appointing a manager with 1 week to go before the players return.

I am positive that progress is being made.

I am positive that I remain sated by the complete football knowledge that we read daily on here.

I am positive that despite members having an opinion of Waggot, his failures, his duties, his lack of vision and ability as a CEO and that he has the power to over rule the owners that scenario is complete and utter shite!

I am positive Gregg Broughton will be a different dynamic to Ewood on the football side.

Does that help?

With due respect, 1864, it doesn’t. Once again, it’s vague, wishy washy and has no specifics.

Not sure what you’re trying to say in your fourth paragraph. Are you suggesting folk on here believe he has the power to overrule the owners, because I can’t ever remember that view being put forward.

He may well have got the DoF bit right but, there again, it may well turn out to be a damp squib.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So right now, Tony Mowbray is still being paid to be the manager of our football club....

I've thought all along that Venky's won't actually want to appoint anyone until Mowbray's contract is up or very near the end - why pay two managers? 

I don't even believe the Deila approach is serious - we know they don't want to pay compensation so why go into a big battle to prise someone away from another club knowing they will be after as much compensation as possible if we succeed. It will justify the 'we did all we could' narrative I guess.

59 minutes ago, Claytons Left Boot said:

With due respect, 1864, it doesn’t. Once again, it’s vague, wishy washy and has no specifics.

Not sure what you’re trying to say in your fourth paragraph. Are you suggesting folk on here believe he has the power to overrule the owners, because I can’t ever remember that view being put forward.

He may well have got the DoF bit right but, there again, it may well turn out to be a damp squib.

It most certainly has earlier in this thread! The suggestion was clear, the owners had identified and were happy with a proposed manager HOWEVER SW didnt agree and overruled them!

In any case its about opinions and f yours is different to mine then that is fine by me. I think my views are not wishy washy they are very clear