BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

53 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Billionaires who chuck 15/20 million away per season but simply refuse to hire a top quality manager and his staff.

There are no words to describe the thought processes of these people.

Oh yes there are. But one will do. Clueless.

5 minutes ago, neophox said:

Danish paper Exstrabladet says Jon Dahl Tomasson may be Rovers new manager.

preferable to some of woodgate,adkins and graysons types that i always dreaded we could end up with,at least it`s a fresh start from the agent based shite that delivered us coyle and mowbray,if it`s true that is

Edited by simongarnerisgod
had`nt finished typing

47 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Brian Lara breathes a sigh of relief with his 400 NO record looking safe. For now.

The Prince of Port of Spain. Brings a tear to the eye a Trinidadian legend mentioned on the board. 

Wonder if he was interviewed? I’ll ask him.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Knutsen isn't in the running and hasn't even been spoken to according to Sharpe, sorry to shatter your dreams on that one.

I'd say its almost certainly gonna be JDT now.

Shame really, Knutsen would have been a really interesting appointment.

Wonder who else got a second interview this week?

• Like 1

Just watched the JDT interview.

Although not managed in a very competitive league before, comes across quite well & seems hungry to test himself in another country. 

It could fail miserably but it’s one I could get on board with after some of the names mentioned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Shame really, Knutsen would have been a really interesting appointment.

Wonder who else got a second interview this week?

Rooney late contenter after Derby deal snag? Delia and JDT for sure. Knutsen will have suitors in better condition than Rovers and remains committed to Glimt. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Whoever it ends up being, it sounds like it's gonna be a left field appointment and a big gamble. Why am I not surprised. 

I agree, and I’m afraid I fear the worst. To expect a Broughton / Tomasson combo to hit the ground running is a big ask in my opinion.

Lenihan gone, Nyambe and Brereton likely to follow. Really need people who know what they are doing. 

Edited by martonrover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Whoever it ends up being, it sounds like it's gonna be a left field appointment and a big gamble. Why am I not surprised. 

Seems to be either established ‘safe’ choices a la Mowbray mk2 or unproven gamble. Budget sadly a constraint or we would have pushed the boat for someone highly rated. Hope Venky’s aren’t sold fool’s gold again. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

I agree, and I’m afraid I fear the worst. To expect a Broughton / Tomasson combo to hit the ground running is a big ask in my opinion.

Lenihan gone, Nyambe and Brereton likely to follow. Really need people who knows what they are doing. 

I feel like it's gonna be a Henning Berg-esque appointment. Why can't we just go for a proven manager like Middlesbrough and Nottingham Forest did rather than faffing about with left field choices. Those two clubs have shown what good managers who know what it takes to win matches in this league can do for a club. 

• Like 5