BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Just now, skous18 said:

Didn’t he take over after we finished 7th with Mark Hughes? What bigger club would he had gone for?

No, he took over after Ince had guided us firmly into the relegation positions.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The more I think about it the Venkys + swag + a rookie dof + a fairly green manager (if it is tomasson) + existing underwhelming coaches = disaster.

We finished 8th with Venky's + Swag + a washed up disinterested manager + Venus + said underwhel.ing coaches though so I refuse to believe JDT plus an assistant if he brings one in will be any sort of downgrade on that.

What will potentially kill us is  losing six established first teamers plus Poveda but you would hope an improvement in the standard of coaching would offset that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We finished 8th with Venky's + Swag + a washed up disinterested manager + Venus + said underwhel.ing coaches though so I refuse to believe JDT plus an assistant if he brings one in will be any sort of downgrade on that.

What will potentially kill us is  losing six established first teamers plus Poveda but you would hope an improvement in the standard of coaching would offset that.

As you well know our form from Jan 1st 2022 onwards was relegation form.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Whoever comes in will have to build a squad - which is a positive if he's backed and obviously a negative if he's asked to lean on the Academy to fill those holes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

As you well know our form from Jan 1st 2022 onwards was relegation form.

Hence my refusal to believe JDT plus his own choice of assistant would be any form of downgrade.

If it turns out I'm wrong, so be it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, matt83 said:

The more I think about it the Venkys + swag + a rookie dof + a fairly green manager (if it is tomasson) + existing underwhelming coaches = disaster.

Definitely a huge risk, but will be interesting!
Also a concern that Tomasson walked out on Malmo mid season, reportedly to return to Holland for family reasons.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Winning 2 years out of 2 with Malmö is very impressive. Especially when they only had won 6 out of 28 previously.

I think JDT is plenty food enough for us.

Some fans need to realise we are not Barcelona.

Not arguing against that. My point was that Neo was grabbing facts straight from Wiki but found the 10+ year experience 'fact' a bit loose.

6 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Definitely a huge risk, but will be interesting!
Also a concern that Tomasson walked out on Malmo mid season, reportedly to return to Holland for family reasons.

He didn't walk out mid season I don't think. Their season ends in December and he walked out after 2 successive League titles.

The fact he walked out of that successful scenario to then be out of work for 6 months for no apparent reason would be my main area of concern though.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

He didn't walk out mid season I don't think. Their season ends in December and he walked out after 2 successive League titles.

The fact he walked out of that successful scenario to then be out of work for 6 months for no apparent reason would be my main area of concern though.

Fair enough.

From the report I read it sounded like he thought a Dutch team wanted him. 
I can’t see him being a shrinking violet and do fear that Broughton might annoy him, as he obviously did the Glimt manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

I was sure when we installed a DoF from Norway that OGS wiuld be our next manager.  Was sure of it.

I don't think OGS would come. Not a big enough club for him anymore, and he probably doesn't like us due to the rivalry back in the Ferguson days.

OGS absolutely adores Ferguson and Man Utd.

It's sounding like JDT then - but have we had anything firmer than 'a bloke on Twitter said it'?

Looking at the odds, there's money to be made if anyone has an unofficial (reliable!) word?

I do think that it is potentially setting yourselves up for disapointment if too much focus is given to one half of a 46 game season and that an 8th place finish is seen as a lower than average season due to having a "poor" manager.

At this present moment factoring everything into account including a lot of assumptions and accepting how early it is, I would be very (pleasantly) surprised if we finish higher than 8th.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, OsloRover said:

I don't think OGS would come. Not a big enough club for him anymore, and he probably doesn't like us due to the rivalry back in the Ferguson days.

OGS absolutely adores Ferguson and Man Utd.

He's also a failure of a manager.

That Utd team was a clown show. 

• Like 4