BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v PNE (a) - 25/4/22

Always good to silence the North End fans. That's two games running Rovers where Rovers have turned up to Deepdale and made them look silly. You don't expect Paderborn to be a match for Bayern Munich, do you? 😂.

Jokes aside, a superb display from Rovers. Intensity, closing down, quick passing, it was all there. Massively frustrating that we haven't seen this for two months. Infuriating actually. Just two more wins during this dire run would have had us in there and in a good position. The overwhelming feeling and question after that is: why now?

There's slight hope, even though we need other results to go for us. At least the final two games aren't dead rubbers. The Bournemouth game should be a cracker as they need the points too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He can't even talk properly....could he be taken seriously.?

Dour, another Mr Stability and probably has the right connections so yes he'll be a serious candidate.

There was a time a few years ago i'd have welcomed him but not so sure now.

Mowbray smiling in his after match speech telling us all how hard he works on set pieces 🤔

Frustrating it took so long for that to come up but god that was enjoyable. Best performance of the season by a mile, goal of the season in Buckleys for me and 4-1 at Preston well all I can say about that it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

When Bucko dropped deeper into a midfield 3 he was by far the best player on the pitch imo, thinks quicker than everyone else. Has to  be played there next season.

That's his position, push and close high up when we don't have the ball then drop back in to set off the counters. Cracking little player but stick him false 9 every week and he is lost, absolutely infuriating from the manager.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I think if he was with HSH he’d be a shoo-in.

He’d definitely fancy it

Can't blame him for wanting it can you. Would want better but plenty of worst options out there. 

But I just going to enjoyed this win and performance tonight. Got to beat Bournemouth now

9 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Can't be a coincidence he's just rocked up out of nowhere.

He also got Sunderland to pay money for Jason Steele so i'm dubious about his connections.

He been going to plenty of football games since getting the sack. 

Was at Rovers home game against Stoke aswell

7 minutes ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

When Bucko dropped deeper into a midfield 3 he was by far the best player on the pitch imo, thinks quicker than everyone else. Has to  be played there next season.

proper midfielder,good vision and good passer of the ball,his tackling has come on as well,i did`nt think he`d improve this much tbh,last season i doubted if he`d ever be good enough for first team football,one thing he cannot do is play in that advanced role,he looks lost when put there

Not to piss on the Buckley parade, but Twitter trends are determined by your own interests and the number of mentions and the particular hashtag used will vary greatly depending on what you set your location and language to be.

So, not that surprising to have Buckley trending if you're a Rovers supporter and follow a fair number of Rovers, Championship, and football accounts.

5 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Mowbray smiling in his after match speech telling us all how hard he works on set pieces 🤔

Frustrating it took so long for that to come up but god that was enjoyable. Best performance of the season by a mile, goal of the season in Buckleys for me and 4-1 at Preston well all I can say about that it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bloody brilliant tactic to put Cunningham on Lenihan. Well done TM! 

Good goals today.

Brave from SG, brilliant by Buckley, towering header, at last, from Lenihan and a very good finish by Travis after great work by BBD. Does BBD get an assist for the header pre SG's goal? He should have scored that open goal later on though.

Also good to see Travis do a few of those forward surging runs of yesteryear.

Absolutely thrilled to clobber Preston. I have a bit of history with the scum of that shithole.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Kean had a way of picking up unlikely wins which extended his stay. Hope I'm wrong 

He won 3 games in 26 and Balaji gave him a new contract, which one was the clincher?

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, roverandout said:

I remember beating arsenal I think it was near the end of the season.  

That was the 4-3 in September 2011 I believe -at the time there were strong rumours of Kean potentially getting the sack (all BS as we know now - if he hadn't walked who knows if the clowns in charge of the club would ever (or could ever) have removed him). One of the flukiest games you'll ever see - Arsenal scored two own goals to help us out. 

We followed it up by going on an 8 game winless streak, losing 5 of them.

• Like 1