BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

1 hour ago, rigger said:

The train is cheap enough for Saturday games, I dont know what the service is like from Southport. Mid-week games are a bit of a problem, getting back from. I think 6K season tickets is pushing it a bit.

The train from Southport to Blackburn now takes about 2 hours with 3 changes and costs about £23 return!

1 hour ago, BigUts said:

The train from Southport to Blackburn now takes about 2 hours with 3 changes and costs about £23 return!

Shame about that, the train from Preston is only a fiver return. It's another point that the Rovers don't seem to understand, in that quite a few fans come from outside Blackburn with Darwen. 

9 hours ago, rigger said:

Shame about that, the train from Preston is only a fiver return. It's another point that the Rovers don't seem to understand, in that quite a few fans come from outside Blackburn with Darwen. 

It isn't a case of not understanding, it's a case of not giving a fuck.

• Like 5

Noticed on the official site they are still promoting that the claim your seat deadline and ‘loyalty’ price is ending this weekend.

Does the club actually want a collapse in sales? What has happened in recent weeks to make the wavering thousands renew? Still no manager and now no captain.

And if you hold off, you’ll be stung with another £30 to make ridiculous prices even more obscene, ergo plenty more won’t renew from then on out of principle.

The claim your seat deadline needs extending to the end of June and the price hike needs scrapping immediately.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

On 07/06/2022 at 19:12, had.e.nuff said:

has anyone any idea how many season tickets have been sold up to now.

A few weeks ago now someone asked Rich Sharpe about it and he said an update would be released the following week.

The fact it hasn't tells you everything, the figures are dreadful and most likely even lower than anticipated.

When we sold just 8k under Coyle I thought ‘wow, we’ve really hit rock bottom now’… then we scraped 7k last summer, worst sales for 30+ years, and once again I thought ‘it can’t get worse than this’… and then came along this present debacle.

So more fool me for not realising that there’s always further to fall under this regime. 

(‘things are much improved’ though, so that’s a relief).

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Noticed on the official site they are still promoting that the claim your seat deadline and ‘loyalty’ price is ending this weekend.

Does the club actually want a collapse in sales? What has happened in recent weeks to make the wavering thousands renew? Still no manager and now no captain.

And if you hold off, you’ll be stung with another £30 to make ridiculous prices even more obscene, ergo plenty more won’t renew from then on out of principle.

The claim your seat deadline needs extending to the end of June and the price hike needs scrapping immediately.

I think that once the early date has passed, anyone who hasn't renewed by then is effectively lost.

They will, at that point, have consciously decided not to buy.

• Like 1

I know quite a few season ticket holders who are holding back should there be another Coyle style appointment. A couple have said they have written to the club telling them this. Surely somebody down there should have the gumption to realise this and at the very least extend the deadline until a few days after an appointment. It could be a tipping point for an already hugely depleted can base.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I know quite a few season ticket holders who are holding back should there be another Coyle style appointment. A couple have said they have written to the club telling them this. Surely somebody down there should have the gumption to realise this and at the very least extend the deadline until a few days after an appointment. It could be a tipping point for an already hugely depleted can base.

Either way arbitro it wont make any difference. Club's at a crossroad and needs a boost from something. Whether that's a new manager we don't yet know but it's certainly not going to happen overnight. My feeling is we've just got to get behind the club.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Either way arbitro it wont make any difference. Club's at a crossroad and needs a boost from something. Whether that's a new manager we don't yet know but it's certainly not going to happen overnight. My feeling is we've just got to get behind the club.

The here and now for some is the managerial appointment. The right appointment could be the boost you allude to but the wrong one could see us returning to mid 80's sales. But the absolutely most galling thing is the powers that aren't aware of this or simply don't give a stuff.

What does it say to any new manager, DoF or players when they are sold on the history, stature of the club then walk out to 8k in a 31k seat stadium !

I cannot believe they are stuffing this up so badly yet again not one lesson learned from last year.

• Like 2

At present i’m not planning to renew my ticket and neither are a few of my friends. We’re just thinking of going to walk on the day, my only concern is that we get out of the habit of going which to be honest i can see happening.

But who knows, things change quickly in football apparently

Anyone what the ticket sales figures are?

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'll be renewing our 2 season tickets by tomorrow's cut off.

I'll be doing this begrudgingly, mind you. I refuse to pay them an extra £60 over the already ridiculous prices.

I'm in the same position. I'm so frustrated at the way the club is run by incompetents, absent owners whose silence and disrespect is hurtful but after chatting to my brothers we decided to renew as we go to the games together and it's the main thing we do together.

And in truth if it wasn't for that we almost certainty wouldn't be renewing.

• Like 2

• Backroom

We had the ‘renew or you’re not loyal’ reminder yesterday 

The only way we’d renew is to keep the seats we have but as churlish as it is we won’t pay extra for the privilege so they’ve possibly lost 3 sales 

An encouraging appointment would have tipped the balance but the day the captain is likely to leave whilst Benjamin Benedict Benson gets ready to take pre season training Monday there is little desire 

I may be less of a fan than is desired but that is fine by me, my money and time is precious and I can’t forever commit a good chunk of both out of nothing more than habit 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 5